SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Manchester City 1-1 Post Match Stuff

colin

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about the Moon Under The Water pub Sox? Is that close to the ground? It sounds a very high pub but if it's under water surely it's very low? All very confusing. Best bet Hughesy, if you go to the Moon Under The Water is to wear a snorkel and a parachute, and don't forget your Blackberry. It might also be an idea to go dressed as someone off the film A Clockwork Orange - it's all the rage apparently.

Prediction. 2-1 Rovers. Keegan resigns at half time. SWP scores first in the first. Emerton equalises on 22 and Stead scores the winner on 44. No penalties. No bookings. No persistent standing. No arguing amongst ourselves. It should be good.

If anyone is plannign on going in the Moon under the water, I don't think they will let you in with football shirts on! I was in there one Saturday about midday, and the bouncers were asking people to open their jackets to see if they had footy shirts on and weren't letting them in if they did!

Citeh is one of the few games I don't wear colors for (so I can get a drink) but I'm sure last year when I met Jordan in The Moon Under Water he was wearing colours.

I'm on the train tomorrow and intend joining Scotty, Manchester Blue et al in the Marble Arch.

Citeh is one of the few games I don't wear colors for (so I can get a drink) but I'm sure last year when I met Jordan in The Moon Under Water he was wearing colours.

I'm on the train tomorrow and intend joining Scotty, Manchester Blue et al in the Marble Arch.

Glenn

Which train are you catching?

tinykit.gif

Are any of these pubs close to the ground?

Yes, all of them. I mean you might have to go up a couple of steps but they are really not that high. Don't worry about it.

What you saying?

So which pubs will let you in, in team colours?

You'll be able to get in places like Walkabout and the Sports bar, the Sawyers Arms on Deansgate might let you in, the Oyster Bar or the Old Wellington in Exchange Square behind Marks and Spencers will probably be ok too.

Don't know why but Man City away is always one of the games where I expect the worst possible outcome every year, so I expect to lose 2-0 particularly if Matteo is playing. If we do go ahead, I just hope we quickly get a three-goal cushion because I couldn't put my myself through the nerves and pain of last season's debacle.

MCM - Glenn's a good lad and everything but surely it's not worth driving all the way to Leeds to get the train with him. wink.gif

I'll get on the 11.00 from Blackburn station - which is a lot nearer. Maybe see you there.

BobF

What! There is still a direct service from Blackburn? ######

I'll be on it.

tinykit.gifcool.gif

What! There is still a direct service from Blackburn?

There sure is. You couldn't make it up. It goes straight from Blackburn to Manchester. By rail. I couldn't believe it either. Someone told me that you can also drive there as well using "the motorway" or the "M66 or M61" - I've never heard such nonsense. Not in my day. "Nowt wrong wit tram tha nose" I told them in my best Welsh accent (it's all the rage round these parts).

See you at the station. I'll be wearing Blue & White halves and carrying an axe so I don't get taken for some sort of hooligan type. Besides my Aquascooter and Blackberry are in for repair.

"What about the Moon Under The Water"

Went passed the "Moon Under The Water" yesterday (Thursday) it was closed and some building work was being carried out! I had heard that they where converting it from a Wetherspoons to a Lloyds No1.

Not sure if it is open this weekend?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.