SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Manchester City 1-1 Post Match Stuff

colin

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The FA have just announced an investigation into recent allegations that todays referee, Mark Clattenberg, awarded Blackburn Rovers FC a penalty kick in this afternoons encounter at the City of Manchester Stadium.

If the allegations are correct Mr Clattenberg faces suspension from his duties.......

i was on the phone to a client and heard rod marsh going balistic.....the client was explaining to me where he wanted to go and i just took no notice whatsoever......a penalty!!!

is that word in the oxford english?? huh.gif

yeah it is

and soon will be bouncebackability

and in our case downbychristmasnes

11 games we go a goal down first, and 11 games without even getting a a winning goal or even a goal ahead, we are failing upfront, its still not good enough.

but at least we are conceding less. Nice to see Thompson back, at least he will have a few cracks at goal.

I'm beginning to question Stead, and whether or not he is the right man for the job.  I mean, not only can he not score but he can't hit the broadside of a barn!

Ah! There's the rub mode_m. Gangly and gawky as he is his success last year was simply because his shots were frequently on target. This year they are not! So if he does manage to beat the keeper he still misses the goals.

I've no idea why or whats happened but that is the crux of the problem with Steady.

Edited by thenodrog

Still disappointed because in our predicament we need wins. Draws are not of much use - remember when Kidd took over? The losses stopped and we started drawing a few matches but it didn't take us away from trouble.

Would be interested to know how we played though because it sounds like we could have won it late on. Especially want to know if Emerton and Reid on the wings is actually working.

Edited by rover6

Well, unbeaten for three games, another late equaliser, must mean our fitness isnt bad. And off the bottom, so good for morale.

But no disguising the fact our problems haven't been solved, we still cant score more than we concede (and we almost always concede ...). Been a problem for a year now, should have been sorted by now (mentioning no names, Graeme!)

Anyone who attended the game, I'd be interested to know what flanks Reid and Emerton played and whether they were any good.

I still think that we need a natural left footer on that side but after the Liverpool game, it seemed like Emerton might be capable. However, that was just one performance.

Anyone who attended the game, I'd be interested to know what flanks Reid and Emerton played and whether they were any good.

I still think that we need a natural left footer on that side but after the Liverpool game, it seemed like Emerton might be capable. However, that was just one performance.

Going to watch the game later on Canal+, will report back.. dry.gif

ha ha aprils fool

In all honesty we havent deserved anything for the first 70 minutes of the game - now we're all over them like a rash.

looks like another point though dry.gif

ohmy.gif You are joking Flopsy? Just got back from COMS and great to report Rovers played very well today and should have buried City. This game highlighted our three main problems:

Less than a minute to go a cross whipped in by SWP was met at speed by Sibierski who, as they say, swept the ball in from 5-6 yards. Prior to that City didn't look dangerous at all. I was just settling back to enjoying a 0-0 HT score at this point. I'm not sure that we had relaxed, we just seemed to be caugt by the speed of the attack.

The other two points the match really rammed home are the lack of a quality midfielder to deliver a telling through pass and the lack of a true goal scorer. Rovers were by far the better side, playing nice football on the ground and all of us should be greatly encouraged by the team work, fitness and work rate of the side. I can see a real difference today. We didn't win because we lacked quality balls into the box and someone to get on the end of them. To be honest we didn't create any real chances. Yes Stead had a great chance and Thomo banged a really good 20 yarder but that was about it.

Dickov was brought down by Mills on the edge of the box; a clear foul but I was surprised Mills got a red.

In summary a good game of football, Rovers dominated for long, long periods in fact the whole of the second half, lots to be positive about but despite this we are going to struggle to score till we make a couple of signings.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.