Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Savage Signs

neekoy

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Signing! Well Done Rovers tinykit.gif

mmmm...... not totally convinced but time will tell, however he gives me more hope than BF ever did and whilst he is here he will get my backing

(what has gone on just leaves a bit of a bad taste in the mouth especially if the money terms being bandied about are to be believed - would he have come for less?)

Read this on a Brum website

So it was down to Saaarf Laaandan to see if Blues could manage without the greedy sheep-s******g Afghan as he stayed in Brum counting his money and looking at his A-Z of Britain.

As the teams ran out to the loudspeaker playing “When the Red Red Robin goes bob-bob-bobbin along…” the Blues fans correctly inserted “Shoot the B*****d, Shoot the B*****d” at the appropriate point and I joined in heartily as the second verse was changed to “When the red red Robbie….” The other want away Evertonian (former Wrexham!!) midfielder Bryan Hughes started for the home side and got a good reception from the Blues fans as we appreciate someone with a bit more dignity.

The game started and not surprisingly it was all midfield huff and puff for the first few minutes- with the Blues fans strange a chant of “Robbie Savage – what a w****r, what a w****r” song that was heartily applauded by the Charlton fans – how nice it was to be re-united with the rest of the fans up and down the country in despising the man.

The goal itself was as bizarre as someone choosing to play for a smoky sh**-hole mill-town club in Lancashire rather than the mighty Blues – a 40 yard free-kick from the left headed towards the Blues box. Taylor watched Upson, whilst Upson watched Taylor. The rest of us just watched in amazement as the ball sailed beyond the pair of them and into the corner of Blues net. One down,

rover.gif

Well done Hughsy & JW.

Showed lots of class throughout the ordeal- just let Bruce & Gold/Sullivan/Brady blow wind...and if the final numbers are to be

believed- we got Savage for less. We should all be very proud to be

Rover supporters today-

Nevermind that Lily might not be everyone's cup of tea, but it signals once and for all that the club mean business. That debate should be binned.

Oh and by the way....

Bye Bye Bazza you'll hardly be missed.

The goal itself was as bizarre as someone choosing to play for a smoky sh**-hole mill-town club in Lancashire rather than the mighty Blues – a 40 yard free-kick from the left headed towards the Blues box. Taylor watched Upson, whilst Upson watched Taylor. The rest of us just watched in amazement as the ball sailed beyond the pair of them and into the corner of Blues net. One down,

Goals conceeded by rovers from 40 yards this season = 0

Volleys by rovers defenders in their box just missing the goal by inches this season: 0 (referance to tebily vs charlton... god that was funny)

I like to say that brum haven't actually beaten us in the premier league i believe only having caught us in the fa cup! Even our reserves are better than brum reserves....list is endless...

Edited by modes98

From a Birmingham website:

The game started and not surprisingly it was all midfield huff and puff for the first few minutes- with the Blues fans strange a chant of “Robbie Savage – what a w****r, what a w****r” song that was heartily applauded by the Charlton fans – how nice it was to be re-united with the rest of the fans up and down the country in despising the man.

The goal itself was as bizarre as someone choosing to play for a smoky sh**-hole mill-town club in Lancashire rather than the mighty Blues...

Oh dear, they are absolutely sick and deluded.

Greaty signing. We must try to presuade fergy to stay, we would have an immense midfield then. Otherwise we must look for a replacement, attacking midfielder. David Bentley would be cheap i reckon, but mabye thommo can fill the gap. He hasnt been proven there though.

From a Birmingham website:

The goal itself was as bizarre as someone choosing to play for a smoky sh**-hole mill-town club in Lancashire rather than the mighty Blues...

If the world had piles they would be situated in Birmingham.

Gold and co. approached this the wrong way. First slating Savage publicly on several occasions, saying they'd let him rot in the reservers and so on. And then humiliate themselves by practicly begging him to stay and FAIL in doing so biggrin.gif

Anyway, I think Savage will be a good player for us but the price is a little steep. But hey, if he does real well the price doesn't really matter. I don't think Arsenal fans are complaining about the £10m+ for Henry, United fans about RvN or Rio and so on.

Now we've signed two of those players that fans of all other teams hate, but the own fans love - Dickov and Savage. Add to that Lucas Neill and we'll not be very popular biggrin.gif Now who else do we want to make us even more hated? Danny Mills maybe?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.