SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Savage Signs

neekoy

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now lets find a striker, and apparently he needs to be an international captain... any thoughts?

Is Shevchenko not captain of Ukraine? tongue.gif

I've stated all along that I believe we're paying too much for someone of his age and someone who lacks technical ability but makes it up with endeavour.

But now he's signed, I hope he does us proud. But please, less of the cheating Robbie.

Thank God we finally signed him. He will bring something different to the midfield, I just hope that Ferguson stays to form a good partnership. But then again, Thompson is playing well in the centre, so if we were to lose Fergy, it looks like we have a ready made replacement. Hopefully Hughes can now turn his attentions to bringing in some strikers. Tomislav Sokota and Benni McCarthy please!

David Sullivan a couple of weeks ago in the Sunday tabloids :

- He's definitely been tapped up. It's absolutely disgraceful. I've never seen such a clear case of tapping up as this.

David Gold on Sky Sports News today :

- I have no evidence he's been tapped up.

What a pair of idiots.

John Williams tonight :

- It's been messy and too public. A lot has been said but not by Blackburn.

Well done Rovers - AGAIN.

And on the Colchester ticket prices.

When will your own fans give you some credit?????????????

Now confused about whether Savage can be picked for the Brum game or not.

Sullivan has stupidly placed an article in the Mirror talking about the hatred for Savage and saying he will need a massive police presence for the Rovers' visit to St Andrew's on 30 April.

The idiocy of the man.

If he had kept his trap shut, the situation could have been diffused to an extent. Now the Brum yobs are given a license to have a go at Savage and all things Blackburn.

No doubt, an innocent and unfortunate Rovers supporter will be in the wrong place at the wrong time and will pay for this stupid irresponsible outburst. mad.gif

Savage and Tugay. Oh the flowing locks!

Tugay's had his cut wink.gif

Someone keep Nissa away from the barber!

I like the players to have a bit of hair wink.gif

This board is getting far too hairist......

I think my wife's with you on that. She likes the long hairs (why she married me... ?). She said she just thinks Savage needs a shave and then he'd be good looking.

here's some more from JW, and gold and Sullivan if you are listening this how a PROFFESIONAL club should conduct itself

Blackburn chief executive John Williams told BBC Radio Lancashire: "It feels like a marathon but now we have go the result we wanted.

"It has been messy and too public. A lot has been said but not by Blackburn.

"We distanced ourselves from a lot of the comments being made.

"We always wanted Robbie and made that clear at a board meeting before the transfer window opened. We made a series of offers."

Williams added: "Robbie Savage is a nice guy and thrilled to be playing for Mark Hughes.

"It is quite clear that connection drove the transfer through."

Now confused about whether Savage can be picked for the Brum game or not.

Sullivan has stupidly placed an article in the Mirror talking about the hatred for Savage and saying he will need a massive police presence for the Rovers' visit to St Andrew's on 30 April.

The idiocy of the man.

If he had kept his trap shut, the situation could have been diffused to an extent. Now the Brum yobs are given a license to have a go at Savage and all things Blackburn.

No doubt, an innocent and unfortunate Rovers supporter will be in the wrong place at the wrong time and will pay for this stupid irresponsible outburst. mad.gif

Well said Philipl,these mindless comments by Sullivan are taking the whole episode to a new and dangerous level.

Absolutely Scandalous. mad.gif

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

We should never do business with the current Birmingham regime again. They are amateurish, unprincipled hypocrites who prefer to conduct business through the gutter press. Never mind bringing the game into disrepute - frankly, I'm disappointed if we haven't instructed our lawyers to seek an apology from Sullivan for his slanderous remarks.

As for haircuts, I'm with Brian Clough on this - short back and sides for all the players... biggrin.gif

Must say I'm impressed with his interview.

The one on RoversWorld at half-time you mean? What did he say? It was impossible to make out in the Riverside. It sounded like the announcer at Preston Station. I heard him say he was delighted at the move finally going through and that the 21.54 to Manchester Airport was being replaced by a bus service but, other than that, I couldn't hear any of it.

He kept looking over his right shoulder as well during the interview. He's either very shifty or Tugay's Imaginery friend was tapping him on the arm, badgering him for an autograph. Leave him alone Tugay's Imaginery Friend! There's plenty of time for that!

Must say I'm impressed with his interview.

The one on RoversWorld at half-time you mean? What did he say? It was impossible to make out in the Riverside. It sounded like the announcer at Preston Station. I heard him say he was delighted at the move finally going through and that the 21.54 to Manchester Airport was being replaced by a bus service but, other than that, I couldn't hear any of it.

He kept looking over his right shoulder as well during the interview. He's either very shifty or Tugay's Imaginery friend was tapping him on the arm, badgering him for an autograph. Leave him alone Tugay's Imaginery Friend! There's plenty of time for that!

replacement bus service

something i hear at work every day ha ha!

• Backroom
There wasn't anything over his right shoulder so no idea what he was looking at.

Thankfully he wasn't looking over to his left as thats where I was sat biggrin.gif

And you might have got the wrong idea Lee *wink* *wink* tongue.gif

there is a report circulating that IF Savage plays at Birmingham Rovers will have to foot the estimated £100,000 police bill for the match policing. I have only seen the smaller reports stating he is actually out of the game. I have not seen this from a Rovers point of view.

big club ? my arse rolleyes.gif

there is a report circulating that IF Savage plays at Birmingham Rovers will have to foot the estimated £100,000 police bill for the match policing.

If that is true then the goons at Birmingham should pay the policing bill, granted that Savage plays. They are the ones who have made a simple transfer turn into a massive safety concern, for both crowd and club staff.

Edited by James No. 7

there is a report circulating that IF Savage plays at Birmingham Rovers will have to foot the estimated £100,000 police bill for the match policing. I have only seen the smaller reports stating he is actually out of the game. I have not seen this from a Rovers point of view.

big club ? my arse rolleyes.gif

Birmingham City as an entire club should be disgraced by their behaviour throughout the whole saga. The whole issue of potential trouble in the game at Birmingham if Savage plays or indeed can play can be contributed in part to the Board and management at Birmingham for stirring things up, through their very public feud. If they can't control their fans, why should Rovers pay for it???

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.