BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ferguson Hands in Transfer Request

No Nay Never

Thanks Paul- your comment about relegation is all so depressingly true.

An article from Scotland for you all to scan. wink.gif

Seems that only Dado is quite so sanguine about Stefan Klos's injury and that nobody in the press has picked up last night's LET comment about Ferguson/Hughes "showdown" talks.

More releveant on here is that cold comment from McLeish that Ferguson must be having a tough time of it personally.

Rangers' behaviour stinks- they are not an honourable football club and I for one shall have no sympathy for them in the near inevitable crisis which awaits when Celtic retain the SPL title.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Ferguson plays tomorrow and gets booed, the most dissapointed person in the stadium will be Mark Hughes.

rover.gif thats why he won't play,i cannot believe supporters still side with barry crybaby fergueson.i have nentioned this before and i still wait for a answer.

when wee bazza joined us he claimed his family were suffering from bigotry-what has happened for this to change-he lives 3 hours from glasgow,rich enough to travel with a chauffer to and from the gorbals.he is a very weak and mis-guided young man.and if he has the misfourtune to represent my team again he will feel the wrath of blackburn folk.

i am one of hughes's biggest fans and if he plays fergie whilst the transfer window is open he is a fool,injury for one is a possibility tinykit.gif

Quite frankly, Ferguson is the least of my worries at the moment. With Paul Dickov said to be suffering a groin injury, I'm more concerned about our strike force and where goals are coming from.

The issue about Bazza has been done to death, all we can do is wait and see what happens now. Whilst I am not happy about the way Rangers and Bazza and the agent have (seemingly) behaved I am proud of the way Rovers have handled things with their usual dignity.

As fo Barry playing - well, do you want Rovers to win matches or not? Simple as. If you boo Barry is is going to unsettle the whole team I would have thought. Not really very clever.

Just get behind allthe lads who are out there playing in our shirt. Leave the team selection to Mark Hughes. If he wants to play Barry so be it, we've paid for him, he is our player still whatever else has happened.

So, what people are saying is, because Barry Ferguson is a moderately talented player who may help to keep us up we're supposed to ignore the way he's treated the club and fans.

Basically, a player can do what he wants, can show as much disrespect to the club and the fans as he wants, as long as he's good enough to make a difference to the team.

Well, I don't buy it. Get the soft Jock @#/? out of the club asap.

So, what people are saying is, because Barry Ferguson is a moderately talented player who may help to keep us up we're supposed to ignore the way he's treated the club and fans.

Basically, a player can do what he wants, can show as much disrespect to the club and the fans as he wants, as long as he's good enough to make a difference to the team.

Well, I don't buy it. Get the soft Jock @#/? out of the club asap.

rover.gif i agree tinykit.gif

Scotty,

What I'm saying is that if he stays I think we stay up, if he goes then we may be in trouble. If your judgement is that it won't make any difference to our chances of relegation, then fine I think you have a sound position, except... that we can't let him go for £4m and be ripped off by around £2m.

If you do think him leaving will have a real affect on our chances of relegation then, as i said earlier, you have to hold your nose for the next ew months and hope he buggers off at the end of the season.

One thought, if he plays today who'll be captain?

If he plays I wont boo him as some others will no doubt, that will only have the effect of unsettling him and the team. If he goes I wont be upset, if he stays we need to ensure he performs and one way of ensuring that he DOESNT is to boo him.

Waggy, believe me, I feel as angry as you do.

I am sick and gutted about the whole thing.

I really don't want to see Barry in the team.

But Rovers is my main concern, not one misguided and manipulated player.

And boo-ing would unsettle the whole team. Remember, he is one of them (the squad) not one of us (the fans).

Edited by roversmum

Thanks Paul- your comment about relegation is all so depressingly true.

An article from Scotland for you all to scan. wink.gif

Seems that only Dado is quite so sanguine about Stefan Klos's injury and that nobody in the press has picked up last night's LET comment about Ferguson/Hughes "showdown" talks.

More releveant on here is that cold comment from McLeish that Ferguson must be having a tough time of it personally.

Rangers' behaviour stinks- they are not an honourable football club and I for one shall have no sympathy for them in the near inevitable crisis which awaits when Celtic retain the SPL title.

Oh no, you'll have no sympathy of Rangers .... I can't handle such rejection.

Get a grip eh? I really hope you're English and live in Malta, cause if you are genuinely Maltese, don't you think you should be backing one of your local teams instead of proclaiming yourself as some Blackburn messiah?

Yes, we're (Gers fans) all gutted at Stefan's injury, and I was looking forward to a little word with him this afternoon. I don't think I need to bother reading any articles about the Hughes & Ferguson meeting, because it has no relevance to myself. I have said all along that I do not expect this deal to go through, and if it does it will come as a massive, massive shock.

Oh, and as for this "inevitable crisis" you speak of ... I don't think 13 titles in 18 seasons is a crisis, especially when this is compared to Celtic's 5 in that same period. As usual you make comments from afar with nothing but the internet as your "source". You even once admitted yourself that regional newspapers "edit" their stories to suit the local readership, yet you continue to believe the content from English papers while doubting the Scottish papers.

So, you can take your "sympathy" elsewhere. I think St Patrick might need it right more right now, being 2nd bottom of the Maltese Premier League. Or are you a Sliema Wanderers man? Oh wait, you're a local boy who supports .... Blackburn Rovers.

I thought Londoners supporting Man Utd were taking the ######, but come on! laugh.gif

Edited by Dado_Prso_9

Dado, up til now, I thought you were handling yourself fairly well. Putting in reasonable arguements (though, with all comment on a MB we all need to "read between the lines")

However, your comment about Phil being a"local (Maltese) boy supporting the Rovers, is a little strange and something I must show my Sydney mate who supports the Rangers wink.gif

I am getting a bit tired of you Mr Prso. You started out well enough, good intelligent posts but now your true feelings are beginning to shine through. You English this and you English that. Look the deal is dead, supposedly, you can now return to goad your only competition in a two team league, Please.

As for Barry Ferguson. I've had a think about this. I am not sure I buy into the "family reasons" thing. Not after the fact that just a few weeks before he had said how happy he was.

No, there has been some behind the scenes pot stirring going on. I like the theory someone put forward of Souness' involvement in getting this all kicked off, the timing is right, it really started when the Geordies started sniffing around Boumsong.

I would not doubt GS had portrayed to his pal our financial situation and the likelyhood of them getting Bazza at a cut rate fee. Enter Fergies agent telling Bazza it's a done deal and here we go.

Oh how much the 'Gers underestimated little homely BRFC, they had no idea of the resolve of our Manager, and I do beleive it is Sparky's determination to keep Fergie that stopped the board from selling, well done Mark Hughes.

Through all of this, how do I feel about Ferguson? Disappointed obviously, but I am prepared to accept that he has been led a merry dance by two individuals looking for personal gain. I think Barry is a few french fries short of a happy meal and can easily be swayed and I really am beginning to beleive he has been nothing more than a pawn. I think if Fergie sat down and really thought this out he would realise what has really happened, all theoretical on my part you understand.

As for the future, as long as Mark Hughes wants him in the side and he is pulling on the shirt I will back him.

Who knows if Sparky gets Bazzas head straight this may turn out to be a blessing in disguise.

USA, I'm not into the conspiracy thingy, but I do think the Hughes can get into Fergusons head and make him a good prem player.

Whilst ever he wears the Bue and White, and he plays with passion for our club, the he deserves support. That, Waggy, is why you should wait, before you boo him

I am getting a bit tired of you Mr Prso.  You started out well enough, good intelligent posts but now your true feelings are beginning to shine through.  You English this and you English that.  Look the deal is dead, supposedly, you can now return to goad your only competition in a two team league, Please.

As for Barry Ferguson.  I've had a think about this.  I am not sure I buy into the "family reasons" thing.  Not after the fact that just a few weeks before he had said how happy he was. 

No, there has been some behind the scenes pot stirring going on.  I like the theory someone put forward of Souness' involvement in getting this all kicked off, the timing is right, it really started when the Geordies started sniffing around Boumsong.

I would not doubt GS had portrayed to his pal our financial situation and the likelyhood of them getting Bazza at a cut rate fee.  Enter Fergies agent telling Bazza it's a done deal and here we go.

Oh how much the 'Gers underestimated little homely BRFC, they had no idea of the resolve of our Manager, and I do beleive it is Sparky's determination to keep Fergie that stopped the board from selling, well done Mark Hughes.

Through all of this, how do I feel about Ferguson?  Disappointed obviously, but I am prepared to accept that he has been led a merry dance by two individuals looking for personal gain.  I think Barry is a few french fries short of a happy meal and can easily be swayed and I really am beginning to beleive he has been nothing more than a pawn.  I think if Fergie sat down and really thought this out he would realise what has really happened, all theoretical on my part you understand.

As for the future, as long as Mark Hughes wants him in the side and he is pulling on the shirt I will back him. 

Who knows if Sparky gets Bazzas head straight this may turn out to be a blessing in disguise.

Sorry, but being decent in the face of posts including derisory terms like "Jock" and "Jockland" and being told to go away and "eat some haggis", I think I've done well on here thus far.

However, none of my terms were derisory. I merely said "the typical English view". What else can I word it like? I suppose I could have said, "the typical view from down South", but Blackburn are an English club, the English papers are writting the stories in question, so the term used was a fair one. I didn't make ONE derisory comment towards England. I have a good mate from London who's a diehard Gooner ... if I slated England I'd have him to answer to! laugh.gif

And as for the conspiracy thing ... Ferguson has told Iain King of the Scottish Sun, directly, that "all he wants to do is come home". See my earlier post. He told Viola he wants home, Viola came to us, we acted accordingly.

Edited by Dado_Prso_9

I am getting a bit tired of you Mr Prso.  You started out well enough, good intelligent posts but now your true feelings are beginning to shine through.  You English this and you English that.  Look the deal is dead, supposedly, you can now return to goad your only competition in a two team league, Please.

As for Barry Ferguson.  I've had a think about this.  I am not sure I buy into the "family reasons" thing.  Not after the fact that just a few weeks before he had said how happy he was. 

No, there has been some behind the scenes pot stirring going on.  I like the theory someone put forward of Souness' involvement in getting this all kicked off, the timing is right, it really started when the Geordies started sniffing around Boumsong.

I would not doubt GS had portrayed to his pal our financial situation and the likelyhood of them getting Bazza at a cut rate fee.  Enter Fergies agent telling Bazza it's a done deal and here we go.

Through all of this, how do I feel about Ferguson?  Disappointed obviously, but I am prepared to accept that he has been led a merry dance by two individuals looking for personal gain.  I think Barry is a few french fries short of a happy meal and can easily be swayed and I really am beginning to beleive he has been nothing more than a pawn.  I think if Fergie sat down and really thought this out he would realise what has really happened, all theoretical on my part you understand.

Sorry, but being decent in the face of posts including derisory terms like "Jock" and "Jockland" and being told to go away and "eat some haggis", I think I've done well on here thus far.

However, none of my terms were derisory. I merely said "the typical English view". What else can I word it like? I suppose I could have said, "the typical view from down South", but Blackburn are an English club, the English papers are writting the stories in question, so the term used was a fair one. I didn't make ONE derisory comment towards England. I have a good mate from London who's a diehard Gooner ... if I slated England I'd have him to answer to! laugh.gif

And as for the conspiracy thing ... Ferguson has told Iain King of the Scottish Sun, directly, that "all he wants to do is come home". See my earlier post. He told Viola he wants home, Viola came to us, we acted accordingly.

Is the Scottish Sun as "respectable" as the English Sun?

Fair enough Dado, fair enough.

I have a car to sell.

It keeps breaking down and is on the small side but when it is running it handles well, is fairly nippy and does the job.

I am going abroad on tuesday and have to sell it by then, otherwise it will sit on my drive rusting and I will not get much for it when I return in the summer.

My wife could drive it when I am away but I will not let her as I am in a strop with her.

Frankly if I do not get an offer for it I will send it to the scrapyard.

The previous owner holds it in sentimental value as he lost his virginity in it.

He has offered me £4,500 to save it from the scrapyard but his is a rude knobbler and I will not let him have it.

To be honest if any of you were to come round here I would let you take it for nothing, but don't tell anyone that as it will ruin my chances of selling it.

I am in a quandary.

Will anyone offer me £6,000 for it?? unsure.gif

Will anyone offer me £6,000 for it??  unsure.gif

I'll give you £1,500 for it Tashor as long as you let me off the £2,000 I owe you for that last dodgy deal we were involved in wink.gif . I know that deal wasn't directly involving you but that 'tached scottish ex-buddy of yours but that's life.

If you want i'll even throw in a knackered, useless Vauxhall Nova that hasn't been used since i got it from Liverpool. Must hold some value though.

How has he treated the club and the fans? Is he going on strike? Is he feigning injury? Is he making up lies about wanting to move closer to his family when he really wants more money?

The answer to all those questions is no. I just can't comprehend how anyone can say Ferguson is treating the club badly. He's homesick and wants to go back to Glasgow - as does his family.

If he doesn't go back, I can envisage him being a professional and trying his utmost for Rovers for the rest of the season.

I think us Rovers fans have been spoilt. If you'd been a Birmingham fan and felt that side of the Savage saga, or been a Wolves fan and had Henri Camara acting like a prrick to leave, or a Charlton fan who suffered the Scott Parker fiasco - then you'd know what a selfish player is.

Ferguson is not.

as i saidearlier....bollux homesick,all that money to compensate ,he wants to look at the real world not his nacy pamby spoilt life.He doesnt want to play for us so why should he get a start in the first team now....ANYONE WHO WANTS A MOVE DOESNT WANT TO PLAY FOR THE FIRST TEAM,IF RANGERS DONT WANT HIM THEN ITS HIS PROBLEM...CAPT?MY ARSE!

as i saidearlier....bollux homesick,all that money to compensate ,he wants to look at the real world not his nacy pamby spoilt life.He doesnt want to play for us so why should he get a start in the first team now....ANYONE WHO WANTS A MOVE DOESNT WANT TO PLAY FOR THE FIRST TEAM,IF RANGERS DONT WANT HIM THEN ITS HIS PROBLEM...CAPT?MY ARSE!

But Abbey you must realise we cannot let that kind of investment rot in the reserves. We do not have the cash to justify it. The only alternative is to phone up Rangers and tell them we will take the 4 million after all.

Its a shoddy situation but we are not in a position to mess about.

Hughes has just made his position very clear on Radio Rovers:

Ferguson is a key part of his plans for Blackburn Rovers. He is looking to bring better players in and build on what he has already got at Rovers- including Ferguson.

Hughes "never expected a deal to take Ferguson to Rangers to go through"

"Ferguson let his heart rule his head"

Hughes expects the fansd to appreciate the professional way Ferguson has conducted himself

Ferguson has said he likes it at Rovers- just "his childhood heroes came in for him." Those were Hughes' words.

Hughes will decide when it will be best to play Ferguson.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.