BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ferguson Hands in Transfer Request

No Nay Never

All I can say is' let this be a lesson learnt' and close the book on the subject.

At the end of the day he was overpriced when we bought him (anotther Souness masterstroke) and Rangers probably in all fairness paid the MV for him ( still too much in my opinion).

Lets just hope this leads to provoking a a bit of diploma when any future 'contracts' are drawn up by the Board/Hughes.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you lot go on about barry ferguson, well look at this way, if you were rangers I doubt you wuld give a crap how he got out of blackburn

very similiar to savage, I dont see you lot being slightly sympathetic to how he treated bimringham in refusing to play

so really your hypocrits

you lot go on about barry ferguson, well look at this way, if you were rangers I doubt you wuld give a crap how he got out of blackburn

very similiar to savage, I dont see you lot being slightly sympathetic to how he treated bimringham in refusing to play

so really your hypocrits

He didn't refuse to play. He was dropped.

By all accounts he played quite well in the reserve game he played during the saga. 80 yard runs to tackle back etc.

so really your hypocrits

Firsty it is spelt hypocrite so we would be hypocrites.

And I am not a hypocrite. Savage asked to leave you and was still willing to play for you. Your chairmen etc bad mouthed him and the whole scenario was done without dignity. The most important thing here is Savage was still willing to play.

Our board in both cases kept quiet and handled the transfers whilst trying to maintain dignity. I think they achieved that.

At the end of the day though both clubs handled the transfers in similar, and the correct manor, trying to get the most for the player .

The two big differences here are we (in the majority) purely blame Fegurson and his agent for his desire to move. It is not Rangers fault that he wanted to join them (in my eyes). Whereas It was everones fault bar you club that Savage wanted to leave. Finally, I feel most of us felt it was despicable how your club made such as big thing of it and tried to keep it in the press every single day.

Edited by streakyb

tp your having a laugh surely

Rangers are now a poor second to celtic, returning ferguson to the team doenst guarantee you anything but second place.

Celtic have the monopoly on the league

Wrong.

2005 - ?

2004 - Celtic

2003 - Rangers

2002 - Celtic

2001 - Celtic

2000 - Rangers

1999 - Rangers

1998 - Celtic

1997 - Rangers

1996 - Rangers

1995 - Rangers

1994 - Rangers

1993 - Rangers

1992 - Rangers

1991 - Rangers

1990 - Rangers

1989 - Rangers

1988 - Celtic

1987 - Rangers

1986 - Celtic

1985 - Aberdeen

20 years, thirteen titles compared to Celtic's six, and one for Aberdeen. Where is the Celtic monopoly? And can someone please explain to me why the Premiership is holding any interest this season? Chelsea sit 11 clear of United and 13 clear of Arsenal with 14 games still to play? No wonder viewing figures and attendances are down this season.

Look at the history of the Premiership.

2004 - Arsenal

2003 - Man Utd

2002 - Arsenal

2001 - Man Utd

2000 - Man Utd

1999 - Man Utd

1998 - Arsenal

1997 - Man Utd

1996 - Man Utd

1995 - Blackburn Rovers

1994 - Man Utd

1993 - Man Utd

Manchester United enjoy a monopoly here, although Arsenal are catching up. A survey of fans of the bottom 10 Premiership clubs showed that the vast majority are fed up with the stagnent nature of the Premiership. The only teams who can realistically win the Premiership are United, Arsenal, and now Chelsea. Go to ANY league in Europe and you'll find that every season, the league is dominated by the same two or three sides.

If you take off the Premiership biased specs and actually read into things, you'll see that the only thing keeping you ahead is the money Sky brings in. The fact is, the SPL is more exciting, as a contest, than the Premiership this season. To prove the point, I've never known an Arsenal v Man Utd game with so little at stake so early in the season.

Edited by Dado_Prso_9

I see Ferguson is going to strech himself at Rangers.

Rangers 7-1 Dundee Utd. And thats a cup SEMI FINAL!!!!!!!!!!!

SPL is laughable laugh.gif

Both clubs would do anything to play in the English league.

At 2-1, United hit the post - the ball rolled along the line, whackd the other post and out. Two minutes later, Andrews handle the ball and the ref refused UTD a penalty. We were on the ropes. Third goal went in and they collapsed.

Should have seen Barry before the game - all smiles and relaxed. I'd never seen him smile before - I'm not joking.

and immediately Rangers have him playing in his proper position behind the other midfielders and he looks like his old self.

two years wasted trying to turn him into something he isn't .

I am not going to excuse Souness' tactical ineptitude but

1) Ferguson was not at Rovers for two years. Obviously you see him as decent and honourable but he refused to play and ratted out after 16 months cheating us out of a couple of million in the process.

2) During those 16 months he spent 6 of them injured and receiving the highest quality medical treatment

3) Ferguson is a very inadequate tackler who also ducks out of the way when the ball is blasted at him. Those deficiencies don't matter in the SPL which is why he is happy back home playing "behind the other midfielders". He sadly was not up to the task of playing there in the Premiership.

4) You played a team 7 places below you tonight. Competitive wasn't it? laugh.gif

Well, I'll tell you this. We may not have won last night which was a travesty but we certainly didn't miss Barry (who would probably have picked up a card and probably got involved in the handbags and sent off). Hail Mokoena - a class above Bazza and has already proved himself to be a committed Rover.

Barry Ferguson? Just remind me who........... unsure.gif

Well, I'll tell you this. We may not have won last night which was a travesty but we certainly didn't miss Barry (who would probably have picked up a card and probably got involved in the handbags and sent off). Hail Mokoena - a class above Bazza and has already proved himself to be a committed Rover.

Barry Ferguson? Just remind me who........... unsure.gif

To be fair, if we still had Ferguson I'm sure he'd have replaced Thompson and not Mokoena in last night's line-up. And I'm sure he'd have done a better job than Thompson (I think I could have last night!). I'd like to see Tugay in that position next time we play that formation.

The team played well enough though to show that we should survive this season without Ferguson and then hopefully replace him in the summer.

Fair comment Scotty. Thompson certainly wasn't at his footballing best (headless chicken best perhaps....). You couldn't really mention him in the same breath as Tugay after that. Such a shame Tugs is coming to the end of his time sad.gif

you dont see birmingham wasting £7.5 million on a player who cant last 18 months

cant remember what BF said, something along the lines of "this rangers shirt feels so good "

atleast we made £2 million on our badge kissing judas, you were practically trying to sell yours for 1/2 price and then bring in big mouth little legs

Looking at Bruce's track record I'd keep my gob shut if I were you

Stern John

Clinton Morrison (£4.25m)

Dugarry

Emile Heskey (£6.25m)

Dwight Yorke

Kuqi

David Dunn (£5.5m)

Martin Taylor

Add to that Pandiani who hates it already, a Judas manager who WILL do the dirty on you in the future, and an uncontrollable urge to do all business through the media leading to humiliation with the likes of Bellamy.

No, you lot are going places...

you dont see birmingham wasting £7.5 million on a player who cant last 18 months

cant remember what BF said, something along the lines of "this rangers shirt feels so good "

atleast we made £2 million on our badge kissing judas, you were practically trying to sell yours for 1/2 price and then bring in big mouth little legs

'wasted' 7.5mill?

We paid 6.5 mill and got 5mill back.

I make that a paper loss of 1.5m. Not your asserted 7.5m.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.