BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ferguson Hands in Transfer Request

No Nay Never

Klos is injured so he will probably be the captain 'til Stefan returns.

He has said that Alex Rae will be as he doesnt want it.

He said he was happy at Blackburn a month ago, so i'd take that with a pinch of salt too.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it wouldn't be so bad if they left by a back exit - but to see them walking round the pitch must be very disheartening.

Poor Barry Ferguson!!

How disheartening it must have been for him to see the rovers fans leave early.

Contrast that with the elation he must have felt when he scored the equalising goal for Scotland in that fine 2-2 draw against the biggest team in the world.

How barry's suffered at ewood!!

he will resume the captaincy(presumably) of one of the biggest clubs in the world rather than playing for a poor provincial team who's support starts leaving fifteen minutes before the game ends.

You're having a laugh of course. One of the biggest clubs in the world? Give me a break. He isn't playing in the East End of Glasgow.

The fact of the matter is that Ferguson wimped out. He couldn't hack it and opted to sign a five year contract to play in one of the worst leagues in Europe. Four important fixtures per season is hardly the stuff of ambition.

Muppet.

Edited by Rovermatt

• Backroom
According to todays LET he refused to play against Colchester. We did right in getting rid of him.

Players like that can disrupt the other players

What a f*****g wet blanket he is !

I hope ALL his houses fall down and he looses millions in the property market !

Better off back in Scotland you mard puff Ferguson ! mad.gif

Good riddance to the Scottish git. What a wimp. I could get silly again and say that I hope both his kneecaps go next time but sod it.

Actually I think that next season he will end up at Newcastle under Souness after GS pays Rangers £8 million. GS becomes Rangers biggest benefactor and secret shareholder and makes a few bob on the side. Fat Fred spots he's been had - sacks GS who makes a few quid more. And so the long running Soap Opera called the EPL goes on..................I am sick of WKRS

I can't get excited either way about Ferguson now because it dragged on for so long, but I thought you'd all like to see what a Rangers supporting friend had to say:

"Delighted to have Barry back. I spent time when I should have been preparing a lecture monitoring the Rangers fans bulletin board last night with loads of rumours and updates flying about. Quite amusing! There was over 1000 people on the board all following this story - by far the most there has ever been. There was absolute jubilation when the news came through that the medical was going ahead. At least the happenings have made half of Glasgow very happy. I actually think he is one of these players who plays at his best for the club he supports as his passion and commitment really come through then. I suspect that was half the problem at Blackburn."

playing with a bunch of players incapable of passing the ball back to him didn't help either.

So what he doing at Rangers biggrin.gif

You have the player you wanted now.

Ferguson underpermormed for us. Yes he had good games, yes he may not have been surrounded by the best players in the world but I really dont think there is any point at you making remarks that make even my ranting seem sensible.

Just face facts, you desperatly needed him back as your midfield did not have the required quality and you were worried that Celtic would be pulling away from you.

I was really encouraged by the signing when we got him but it took nearly a dozen games before he started to look useful and then spent ages injured. As he has come back this season he has looked Ordinary, tidy on the ball but no drive, no presence and unable to boss a Premiership midfield.

All in all, his best pass at Blackburn has been his Rangers medical - theres the door Barry - don't let it hit your arse on the way out!

it wouldn't be so bad if they left by a back exit - but to see them walking round the pitch must be very disheartening.

Same could be said to you when you look to the other side of the city and see the bigger team winning the league and cup.

What will Barry req then? A move there or maybe back down here to play for Chelsae, where it will be easier for him.

Here, Here Andy !

withstupid.gif

Good riddance to the wee b*gger. Let's focus on moving up the table instead of whinging about his retreat north. Call this addition by subtraction-- Blackburn Rovers FC deserves players that want to be here and want to bleed for the colours.

Bazza you B**t**d-- may there be green hoops running rampant in all your nightmares!

I cross my fingers that Sparky will close ranks and get us to summer and we'll get the last laugh yet.

BTW- was truly gutted that Solari finally signed with RM... I would have been chuffed to see him in halves.

BTW- was truly gutted that Solari finally signed with RM... I would have been chuffed to see him in halves.

laugh.gif Would love to see many players in halves but we do have to be realistic in that liverpool want him and he's spanish so if any team would get him it would be spainpool fc!

playing with a bunch of players incapable of passing the ball back to him didn't help either.

That must be it. He was also playing against players who wouldn't pass the ball back to him. No such inconvenience in Scotland.

Edited by Rovermatt

Well what a complete shambles this saga has been...

None of the parties involved - Ferguson, Murray, Viola or Williams - come out of it with credit.

Ferguson's duplicity and deceit towards Rovers fans has been disgusting.

The man who just a month ago said: "I definitely see my future at Blackburn. Hopefully I can stay here for a few more years yet," now says:

"It's brilliant to be back home. As soon as I knew Rangers were interested, I wanted to make it happen. I missed the club so much and when I grabbed that jersey again it felt so good."

A couple of days ago, David Murray said: "Rangers will not be continuing negotiations. Our offer was rejected and negotiations will proceed no further."

That was a lie - they were still negotiating with Rovers.

John Williams said: "Barry can talk to Glasgow Rangers provided they meet our valuation of a guaranteed £6 million."

Williams said last week: "There is still a country mile between us. To say there is clear water between Rangers' original offer and our valuation is an understatement."

Our chief executive was quite specific that the fee was £6m guaranteed.

A link to those quotes from Mr Williams below:

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/...1398558,00.html

As Revidge says, other clubs will now be aware that when Rovers talk about a "guaranteed fee", the price can still be lowered because the board capitulates.

Ferguson and Viola started this mess and have to be blamed for the fiasco. But questions are entitled to be asked about the way the Rovers board handles matters.

Personally I'm convinced that Ferguson is going nowhere.

He is going Tris - firstly because he's a greedy disloyal git who put in a transfer request the month after saying that he wanted to stay. Secondly because Mr Williams capitulated on the £6m fee and didn't stick to his original guns.

It would have been better if Williams had merely said: "We are negotiating with Rangers," rather than talk about a "guaranteed £6m" - which the club clearly haven't received.

When he joined Blackburn in the summer of 2003, Barry Ferguson said: "No disrespect to Scottish football, but there's only one big game and that's against Celtic."

When Ferguson plays against the likes of Dunfermline, Kilmarnock, Inverness CT and Livingstone - I hope that he thinks back to those words.

Sadly though, I suspect the greedy sod will be laughing all the way to the bank after spitting in the face of Rovers supporters.

If he had any decency at all, Ferguson would hand back the signing-on fee that he fraudulently received from Rovers in 2003.

Edited by Anti Euro Smiths Fan

Modes-

Would love to see many players in halves but we do have to be realistic in that liverpool want him and he's spanish so if any team would get him it would be spainpool fc!

But I had taken the step of sending him a letter via a mutual friend extolling the virtues of our 'small town' team. As if ! [he's a compatriot]

We all dream, right? laugh.gif

Edited by blue/white

Ferguson said today he should never have left Rangers for Rovers in the first place.

“I am man enough to admit I made a mistake 18 months ago by leaving. I can understand people saying I lacked ambition (coming back) but that’s their point of view...three-and-a-half weeks ago when I knew Rangers were interested then there was only one place I wanted to come back to.

“It has been hard, the last 18 months, but I made the move, I made the decision to try down south which I don’t regret.”

Despite playing at some of England’s finest stadiums, Ferguson said no match could compare to Scotland’s Old Firm derby with Celtic.

“No disrespect to Blackburn but the local derby was Bolton and it is not the same. Even going to Old Trafford and Stamford Bridge, they are beautiful stadiums but a normal Premier League game isn’t the same."

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.