BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ferguson Hands in Transfer Request

No Nay Never

How would "soft bazza" have coped with the Cup Draw?.As he came out the tunnel at the Dingledome and tasted the venom he probably would have turned round and run back for his mamma.

They may have been only average for us but at least no one will forget Jason MaCateer and Benty. FA Cup matches like that are where you prove your fitness to wear the badge and the legendary colours and "Soft Bazza" has swapped it for Partick Thistle.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice to see you all still ignoring the point I made.

The reason your league is decent is because of Sky and their money. FACT.

Had the Premiership been set up without the backing of Sky, then there is no way it would be attracting the likes of Henry, Berkgamp, Pires, Viera, Drogba, Robben, etc.

You all go on and on about the dire quality of Scottish football, yet you refuse to look at the reasons why. The simple fact is that if every club in the SPL got £20m a season for TV rights, I'm sure we could do something decent.

Oh and to the knob who laughed at Barry for saying there is a better atmosphere at Ibrox and Celtic Park (and other Scottish grounds) compared to the Premiership? How many times have you been to Ibrox? I've been to Old Trafford, Highbury, and Stamford Bridge and was appalled by the fact I could hear the players shouting to each other during the game. The atmosphere was awful, and I expected better. The Bernabeu on the other hand, is the single best atmosphere I've experienced. I suggest you sample a game up here before running your mouth.

And it seems some of you cannot grasp, still, the reason why Barry wanted home. HE LOVES RANGERS. HE's A RANGERS SUPPORTER THROUGH AND THROUGH. Comprende?

The Premiership is awful this season, fact.

No actually that's an opinion.

The SPL is a hideously weak league. As stated, a draw is a bad result in Scotland. If somehow either of the Old Firm are beaten by their minnow opponents, such a loss can seriously derail their season, especially with so much riding on the derby.

It's pathetic and it isn't something that a player in his prime should wish to return to.

And go back a few pages, and you'll see my comparisons between the SPL and the Premiership. We have a dominance up here, while Man Utd have it down south.

Get off your Premiership high horse, and remember you're hardly a "big" club yourselves.

Another correction, you (Rangers) don't have any dominance, anywhere. Nor for that matter do United.

By the way, when did we claim to be a "big club"?

13 titles in 20 years?

I'd call that a dominance. Especially nine of those being in a row.

Had the Premiership been set up without the backing of Sky, then there is no way it would be attracting the likes of Henry, Berkgamp, Pires, Viera, Drogba, Robben, etc.

You all go on and on about the dire quality of Scottish football, yet you refuse to look at the reasons why. The simple fact is that if every club in the SPL got £20m a season for TV rights, I'm sure we could do something decent.

Oh and to the knob who laughed at Barry for saying there is a better atmosphere at Ibrox and Celtic Park (and other Scottish grounds) compared to the Premiership? How many times have you been to Ibrox? I've been to Old Trafford, Highbury, and Stamford Bridge and was appalled by the fact I could hear the players shouting to each other during the game. The atmosphere was awful, and I expected better. The Bernabeu on the other hand, is the single best atmosphere I've experienced. I suggest you sample a game up here before running your mouth.

And it seems some of you cannot grasp, still, the reason why Barry wanted home. HE LOVES RANGERS. HE's A RANGERS SUPPORTER THROUGH AND THROUGH. Comprende?

Erm, the Bernabeu is in Madrid. In Spain... huh.gif

You do have point regarding the Sky money, yet your theory is sheer hypothesis. The fact (another one of those) of the matter is that Ferguson ditched the Premiership for a return to Scotland and its four strenuous fixtures per season.

Oh and to the knob who laughed ...

How very high-brow, sober and serious.

Who cares whether it's about the Sky money or not, the Premiership has far more prestige than its Scottish counterpart. There's really no debate on that, anything else is just excuses.

Beneath the veneer of the studious football fan who takes it all so seriously when he's not banking, you're just a sneering little sod. When you're not trying to excuse the poor standard of Scottish football you're handing out tart rebukes, which can't really be taken seriously.

Babby's been back there a while, yet you're still droning on. Someone's gotten under your skin I think. Time to get back to banking, four copies of the daily's (oh so studious, be sure to read every single story) and your tinpot league.

The Premiership is awful this season, fact.

No actually that's an opinion.

The SPL is a hideously weak league. As stated, a draw is a bad result in Scotland. If somehow either of the Old Firm are beaten by their minnow opponents, such a loss can seriously derail their season, especially with so much riding on the derby.

It's pathetic and it isn't something that a player in his prime should wish to return to.

And go back a few pages, and you'll see my comparisons between the SPL and the Premiership. We have a dominance up here, while Man Utd have it down south.

Get off your Premiership high horse, and remember you're hardly a "big" club yourselves.

Another correction, you (Rangers) don't have any dominance, anywhere. Nor for that matter do United.

By the way, when did we claim to be a "big club"?

13 titles in 20 years?

aye not bad in a two team league.....................now go and change fergies nappy its full of baby @#/?

13 titles in 20 years?

That was quite a while I go now. rolleyes.gif You may as well claim Celtic's earlier successes as 'dominance'. They're just as relevant. By the way, didn't they win nine in a row, or was that just Old Firm games...?

Pathetic.

The atmosphere for non old Firm games are pathetic, dont try and deny that btw ive sampled it ok mate? The atmosphere at Ot, SB and highbury are dreadful, we all know that. If you want a real atmosphere go to a derby game, like villa vs b'ham, saints vs pompey or Burnley vs Blackburn. In reality, just like in Scotland the atmopshere only gets cranked up to a decent level for the big games.

As for the bernabeu mate, are you having a laugh?? There is no singing whatsoever, if real dont get 4 goals in the 1st half, the fans are whistling and complaining etc. A funeral would be noiser that Madrid. If you want a decent atmosphere in Spain, go to Depor or Valencia or the seville derby!

Sarwin, back me up on this mate!!

Edited by BRFC4EVA

Just a thought huh.gif

If the old firm are constantly complaining about there being no challenge from other teams in the SPL & there`s no way the EPL will let them join, then why don`t they try something else.....invite English teams to join the SPL. Newcastle/Sunderland/Boro are all just a stones throw away from Sconny Botland.....& i`m sure newcastle would jump at the chance of actually winning something! tongue.gif (joking!!)

........or

Instead of treating the old firm as a special case, why don`t the SFA ask to amalgamate with the football league & create a new British League??

I think this would inject some life into the lower leagues. The likes of Hearts/Hibs/Aberdeen & Dundee Utd should be able to 'hold their own' in the championship.......& IF(and that`s a big 'IF') the old firm are as good as they say they are, then promotion to the EPL will be a doddle & could be done in a season or two.

....Think about it? cool.gif

You've gormlessly put the cart before the horse! Murdoch (an Australian with no vested interest one way or the other) put money into English football not to help it out or to make it better but because it is more marketable and he will make even more money by doing so! PERIOD.

To put that amount of money into Scottish football would have been suicidal from a business point of view. Try and think things through before you let your prejudices run away with you.

Murdoch is an American citizen.

Only because there is a law in America which states that non U.S citizen's CANNOT own a media company in the country. Hence he had to 'become' American for his own needs. He is an aussie tho.

Yey he loves em that much he couldn't wait to leave 18 months ago...........or so he said! huh.gif

Face it Ferguson is just another footballing mercenary but imo he is also guilty of playing a full part in a despicable fraud of 2million pounds. dry.gif

Had the Premiership been set up without the backing of Sky, then there is no way it would be attracting the likes of Henry, Berkgamp, Pires, Viera,

Those players were picked off their European team's subs bench for bargains, considering their supsequent huge improvement in ability and financial value during their PL career.

Anyway I thought you would have disappeared after embarrassing yourself with your "the transfer is dead" FACTS during the Barry "no balls" transfer.

You've gormlessly put the cart before the horse! Murdoch (an Australian with no vested interest one way or the other) put money into English football not to help it out or to make it better but because it is more marketable and he will make even more money by doing so! PERIOD.

To put that amount of money into Scottish football would have been suicidal from a business point of view. Try and think things through before you let your prejudices run away with you.

When it comes down to it Sky pored 20 million pounds per club into England in the early nineties because the crowds were bigger, the interest was larger and the competition was more fierce.

The SPL lacks competition, crowds and international interest compared to England not just since the Sky money came in but since the start of football records. Why? England is bigger and has more fans more fairly divided (although not fairly enough....) to actually create a competition.

That is the crux of the scottish problem, you cannot just say "oh, its only because you got the sky money!" because the league earnt that money out of the virtues of its size and competitiveness. Murdoch did not put it in out of the goodness of his heart, ha, but to turn a profit. Rovers, Bolton, Charlton etc. are all part of that success and fully deserve a share. Indeed they deserve a larger share than they currently command as Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool etc need us to survive. If we were all rubbish teams who they could turn over with one hand (which is worryingly becoming more and more of the case due to money issues) then we would go the way of the SPL.

Anyway you talk about Henry, Berkamp etc, coming for the cash. Then How do you explain English dominance of Europe in the early eighties before SKY was even a twinkle in Murdoch's eye? We have a better league, we always have. Not because the English are intrinsically better than your lot, but just because there are more of us.

ps. The Scottish porblem is made worse however by the way Celtic and Rangers monopolise the whole nation. The Celtic and Rangers shops in Edinburgh do far more business than the Hearts and Hibs shops and if you go deep into Perthshire or Aberdeenshire then still the majority of fans will be for the old firm. If it was a little less cuthroat then maybe more than would 4,000 would turn out for an average league game at Livingston.

Hit the nail on the head there drog. The reason Sky pump so much money into Premiership rights is because worldwide the people who want to see the English game is huge, much much larger than the Glasgow/Irish diaspora around the world who might have a fondness for watching the Old Firm game once in a blue moon (even though it isn't all that special since they started playing each other six times a season).

No other league in the world has the perceived quality of product that the Premiership has. Whether it really is as good as people like to think is another matter. They may have better teams in Spain or more quality of play in Italy but the Premiership is the most succesful league in the world. When the SPL can ever command the same overseas rights or viewing figures then they will have cash thrown at them as well. They do to an extent, which is why the Old Firm game can be broadcast in England but sure as hell no other Scottish team will be. The Premiership makes more money from overseas rights than the likes of the NBA and NFL, Sky's money couldn't do that if the product wasn't there in the first place. Chicken and egg you might wish to call it.

PS - dado - If you make silly points people will rightly ignore them. Posting 'FACT' after an opinion is a bit much as well.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.