BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ferguson Hands in Transfer Request

No Nay Never

getting very bitter this isnt it

izzitnot, shouldnt you get back to your massive message boards, being the massive club you are im sure there are hundreds upon thousands of witty comments on your many many message boards, why continue to post on a rovers one?

and yes as for steve bruce, if anyone came knocking along the lines of newcastle he would leave in a shot

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder how mnay clubs have given a whole 6 mins or so to an Argentinian international that was bought by Osasuna anyway, then let him go for free

Where does Figeroua (I'm not even gonna pretend I know how to spell it) play now anyway?

a Judas manager who WILL do the dirty on you in the future

thumbs-up.gif Absolutely

Bruce is out for himself, no wonder those burglars battered him. They probably just did it for a laugh to see if they could make his nose look any sillier than it already does

you dont see birmingham wasting £7.5 million on a player who cant last 18 months

cant remember what BF said, something along the lines of "this rangers shirt feels so good "

atleast we made £2 million on our badge kissing judas, you were practically trying to sell yours for 1/2 price and then bring in big mouth little legs

Oh p*ss off, you really are clutching at straws now... rolleyes.gif

I think the difference is that we signed the most important player in the Birmingham team in the hope that Savage's drive would help turn the unfulfilled potential that was Ferguson into the most important player in our team.

That's why our raid on Brum hurts them so much and we can be relatively sanguine about the loss of Ferguson. Even though the profit they made on Savage was about the same size as the loss we are making on Ferguson.

Should have seen Barry before the game - all smiles and relaxed. I'd never seen him smile before - I'm not joking.

No wonder . No more pressure at having to face up to real footballers like Viera , Keane , Gerard , etc etc ......

All that and Mummy's home cooking as well . No wonder he's happy ... thumbs-up.gif

you dont see birmingham wasting £7.5 million on a player who cant last 18 months

cant remember what BF said, something along the lines of "this rangers shirt feels so good "

atleast we made £2 million on our badge kissing judas, you were practically trying to sell yours for 1/2 price and then bring in big mouth little legs

Fair point.

On the Savage thread I commented how dodgy the entire Savage saga was.

Unfortunately rover6 decided I was hyocrite for denouncing the actions of both Savage and Ferguson.

Can you not take him to your boards and call it fair dos...we will both be happy?

Actually...you won't be happy but we won't care as long as we get rid of rover"championship manager"6 but them's the breaks eh???

and immediately Rangers have him playing in his proper position behind the other midfielders and he looks like his old self.

two years wasted trying to turn him into something he isn't .

I am not going to excuse Souness' tactical ineptitude but

1) Ferguson was not at Rovers for two years. Obviously you see him as decent and honourable but he refused to play and ratted out after 16 months cheating us out of a couple of million in the process.

2) During those 16 months he spent 6 of them injured and receiving the highest quality medical treatment

3) Ferguson is a very inadequate tackler who also ducks out of the way when the ball is blasted at him. Those deficiencies don't matter in the SPL which is why he is happy back home playing "behind the other midfielders". He sadly was not up to the task of playing there in the Premiership.

4) You played a team 7 places below you tonight. Competitive wasn't it? laugh.gif

You're not seeing the bigger picture.

Dundee Utd have given us two tough games already this season, drawing 1-1 in both. For some reason, they bottled it big time in this semi final, and bar a 10 minute revival in the 2nd half, they capitulated.

Freak results happen. Didn't Man Utd destroy Ipswich 8-0 in the Premiership about four years or so ago? Dundee Utd are 11th in the SPL, which is further than the "7 places" quoted.

And if you want to make jokes about Competitiveness:

Chelsea - 64 points

Man Utd - 53 points

Arsenal - 51 points

Everton - 47 points

Liverpool - 40 points

Chelsea sit 11 clear of United, 13 clear of Arsenal, 17 ahead of Everton, and 24 ahead of Liverpool. You honestly call that competitive?

No wonder viewing and subscription numbers, as well as attendances, as in decline. The Premiership is NOT the be-all-and-end-all of world football.

Chelsea - 64 points

Man Utd - 53 points

Arsenal - 51 points

Everton - 47 points

Liverpool - 40 points

And chelsea have won it how many times?

When was the last time a first time winner won the SPL?

2 teams in scotland, in england we have 3 top teams who can be beaten by anybody. In scotladn you have 2 teams who would consider a draw a awful result and if they don't they damn well should do. The standards on gers and to some extend celtic is bad enough without even trying to look at the 'players' other teams have got!

Every league has a dominant few. Spain has Real/Barca/Valencia as the only real chancers of winning the league, Italy more-or-less boils down to Juve/Milan, especially since its dire financial situation, and England has Chelski/ManUre/Arsenal. the thing is with Spain, Italy and England is, is that while no-one predicts it, its never a massive suprise to see the club on the bottom beat a team at the top, plus there is always the suprise package. Espanyol in Spain this year, and Sociedad a couple of years back, Italy has a high-flyer at the moment but I cant remember who (Udinese?), and England has Everton, and even then, Sociedad were the only team who looked like they could have won the league, rather than just offer a token gesture. But its not the top teams that make the leagues what they are, if it did, Scotland would be the epicentre of world football, but its the leagues as a whole that make football what it is in each respective country, and thats why England is NEVER called anything lower than the third best league in the world, and more often the best league. Its also ther eason why Scotland is seen as a shoddy league. If the Scots really are all that, and Rangers & Celtic are just one-offs, then let them play down here for a couple of months. Celtic would be Middlesbrough-esque in their position, with rangers nearer Spurs. What great benchmarks for the top two of Scotland...

Chelsea - 64 points

Man Utd - 53 points

Arsenal - 51 points

Everton - 47 points

Liverpool - 40 points

2 teams in scotland, in england we have 3 top teams who can be beaten by anybody. In scotladn you have 2 teams who would consider a draw a awful result and if they don't they damn well should do. The standards on gers and to some extend celtic is bad enough without even trying to look at the 'players' other teams have got!

The Premiership is awful this season, fact.

And go back a few pages, and you'll see my comparisons between the SPL and the Premiership. We have a dominance up here, while Man Utd have it down south.

Get off your Premiership high horse, and remember you're hardly a "big" club yourselves.

Edited by Dado_Prso_9

Both leagues are uncompetetive-the Premier league now has a 3rd serious competitor because of an enormous amount of cash that has been put into club that was on the point of collapse.They will probably win the league,but they won't have bought it.

One difference between the 2 leagues is that,in theory,the clubs winning the Premiership have a better chance of winning the European championship than the Scottish champions.

The most successful team in Scotland.......seems to depend when you want to look at the stats:more recently it has been Celtic.

What's the size of our club got to do with it when we're comparing divisions, not individual teams? Just thought you'd have a crafty sneer, eh?

It's not unusual to have a few teams dominate the title race, that's no reflection on the quality of a league. But pound for pound, I'd say the Premiership is streets ahead of Scotland.

We have enough teams of stature to have a top tier of 20 teams, they only have to play each other twice a season. English teams have done rather well in Europe in the last ten years or so, how about Scottish ones? You have to go back to the days of Jim McLean and Alex Ferguson. The Premiership is one of the biggest leagues in the World, games are beamed out to virtually every country, I don't think Scottish football gets the same coverage.

You seem to have a massive chip on your shoulder because every rebuttal you come out with seems to centre on the lack of TV money. That's like saying Guatemalan football isn't big because they don't get any TV money, er no it's because Guatemala is a footballing minnow.

Chelsea - 64 points

Man Utd - 53 points

Arsenal - 51 points

Everton - 47 points

Liverpool - 40 points

And go back a few pages, and you'll see my comparisons between the SPL and the Premiership. We have a dominance up here, while Man Utd have it down south.

Get off your Premiership high horse, and remember you're hardly a "big" club yourselves.

Geez This Dado guy really is a bit of a . Ive never seen such a arrogant poster. A subuetto side could outplay most of the teams in your rab c nesbitt land.

The difference is the Prem sends different clubs to Europe every year. Yeah, the first 2 are always the same, but the 3rd and 4th are always different. And if 2 only went in, a couple seasons recently ManU wouldn't have made it, unlike Scotland where the same clubs are 1 and 2 every season.

Anyone who thinks Scottish football is " big " is in denial. The likes of Neil Lennon, John Hartson and Barry Ferguson are the big name players north of the border.

Down here, against the likes of Henry, Gerrard, Scholes etc those are guys are average players.

At the end of the day, what league did Henry, V. Nistleroy, Robben, Reyes, Ronaldo, Drogba, and Heinze etc sign up to.

Who has signed for the Scottish prem in recent history that could make an impavt?

Scottish football is not a farce, it is just scottish football. Football from a country with a population not much larger than London.

Scottish football is one level, English is another. Anyone arguing that fact is wrong, wrong, wrong regardless of how the Glasgow giants are perceived against the mighty teams of Inverness and Dunfermline

Fair do's - we're not a big club. Don't think you'd find many people on here that would argue that point.

TBH not many on here would argue that we've got a good side at the moment. That's why we're down near the wrong end of the table.

BUT, were we to play Rangers I'd still fancy our chances. Think the game would be fairly close actually. And that tells me all I need to know about Scottish football. A poor side, struggling in the Prem is probably the equal (on the pitch) of the title chasers north of the border.

Which is why no-one wants to watch the SPL (can you imagine watching a league where, say, ourselves, City and Charlton were the best on offer?) and why, therefore, Sky don't want to throw money in your direction. A vicious circle you may say!

I thought you said that you had finished posting on here now that the puny footballing fraud has got his babyhouse wish. The soft sod has even gone public in making himself a laughing stock by saying there is more atmosphere in scottish football than English! laugh.gif (They were taking the ###### out of your 'Little big man's stupid comments and Scottish football in general on Granada Soccer night tonight.)

Anyway......... where was I?........ Oh now I rem. If it is sooooo much better up there then why do you and your bum chums at Celtic so much want to play down here? And why do NONE of the Prem clubs express any interest whatsoever in wanting to join the mighty Scottish Prem league? And dont refer to Sky money again cos they never expressed an interest before satellite TV was invented. JHC even Carlisle would rather travel to Torquay than pitch in with you lot.

No actually that's an opinion.

The SPL is a hideously weak league. As stated, a draw is a bad result in Scotland. If somehow either of the Old Firm are beaten by their minnow opponents, such a loss can seriously derail their season, especially with so much riding on the derby.

It's pathetic and it isn't something that a player in his prime should wish to return to.

Another correction, you (Rangers) don't have any dominance, anywhere. Nor for that matter do United.

By the way, when did we claim to be a "big club"?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.