BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 0 Chelsea 1

It was Todd, and I agree somewhat, but he still should have saved it. It wasn't as bad as Dudek's gaff on Rooney's goal, but it went straight under his arm, and is one he know's he should have stopped.

I think people are blaming Bard overly.

Yes, he could have got down quicker, but we may then be complaining as the ball flew over him. It was a hard and fast shot that Brad could have done better on, but he did not know whether it was going high or low and by the time he knew he did not have much time to get his large 6 foot plus frame to the ground.

I allways feel the goalie gets unfair stick in cases like this as if the defence had done its job his life would have been easier. The blame has to be spread.

Where was Lucas? Gudjohnson flick on enabled Robben to expose our defence, Lucas should have been closer to him as we all know what pace and devestation Robben can wreak in scenarios like that one.

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you skin us, do we not concede? If you give us a penalty do we not miss? If you play fancy do we not tackle? And if you push us in the face when we're only trying to knock the ball out of the goalie's hands, SHALL WE NOT REVENGE?

What a great effort from ALL the boys! What other team in the Premiership has given Chelsea such a fright? And also IMO we might just have won it in the last few minutes if Sparky had just had the vision and courage to risk throwing Amo on as a target man for the last five minutes. We had nothing to lose by then and Chelsea were well rattled at that stage.

IMO we might just have won it in the last few minutes if Sparky had just had the vision and courage to risk throwing Amo on as a target man for the last five minutes.

'Ah, there's the rub!' Good call Fife, that was suggested in the pub after the game.

Hmmm and on the subject of Amoruso...... 'Oh that this too solid flesh would melt'.

or Barry Ferguson........ 'Frailty thy name is woman'.

We few, we happy few, we band of Rovers;

For he to-day that sheds his blood with me

Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,

This day shall gentle his condition:

And poofters in Scotland now a-bed

Shall think themselves accursed they were not here,

And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks

That fought with us upon Saint Dingle's day.

IMO we might just have won it in the last few minutes if Sparky had just had the vision and courage to risk throwing Amo on as a target man for the last five minutes.

'Ah, there's the rub!' Good call Fife, that was suggested in the pub after the game.

Oddly it was also suggested by the commentator on the TV here.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.