BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] *Poll* Barry Ferguson

den

Should rovers have sold him, at this time, for £5m?  

404 members have voted

1. 1. Should rovers have sold him, at this time, for £5m?

• Yes
    • No

No we do not know how many times we tried to sign a striker. The point is we failed. We had half a season to look for a striker not just a month and we failed. If I had failed at work I would have been sacked.

It is not the boards fault they failled.

You would not have been sacked at work if you worked in a purchasing department and told to buy a new new chair that was better than you current chairs but half the price as long as you could show that the chair the desired does not exist.

We tend to blame the board for things that are not in their control. And the avaliabilty of strikers is not in theri control. Simple fact.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, they failed to do their jobs. Other teams find the men they need.

Why not Rovers.

You are an argumentative soul aren't you. Not many posts yet but every one I've seen seems to be trying to provoke an argument.

Anyway several of us have risen to the bait so you must be good at it.

Why not Rovers.

You are an argumentative soul aren't you. Not many posts yet but every one I've seen seems to be trying to provoke an argument.

Other teams had more money or else signed dross.

And yes, i do like arguments, even playing devils advocate. I like structured agruments, not just, i am right, you are wrong (although I am right and uou are wrong wink.gif :-) ). i love a good debate. i am not a sheep who will just accept whatever I am told and never accept anything at face value.

So what srikers should we have bought/loaned then oh great one, since I am sure ou feel you could do a better job than the board.

Why not Rovers.

And yes, i do like arguments, even playing devils advocate. I like structured agruments, not just, i am right, you are wrong (although I am right and uou are wrong wink.gif :-) ). i love a good debate. i am not a sheep who will just accept whatever I am told and never accept anything at face value.

So what srikers should we have bought/loaned then oh great one, since I am sure ou feel you could do a better job than the board.

Streakyb - if you continue with this kind of approach, to members who have been around this board for much longer than yourself, and are well respected members - you will find yourself getting a lot of grief from people such as the moderators.

As I said before- glad he's gone. He was never class- he only managed to shine in a Rangers side that won the treble in SCOTLAND while the best team in Scotland were getting to a EUROPEAN final. Without that distraction, Rangers would have been as tubbed as they have been every other season since O'Neill took over.

I was against signing him, think we've had no value for the signing and have been lucky to get the money we did.

And Radaghast- if you SERIOUSLY think that the great Bazza will make that much difference, you're seriously deluded. Rangers got a Premiership failure, Celtic a Premiership success.

Streakyb - if you continue with this kind of approach, to members who have been around this board for much longer than yourself, and are well respected members - you will find yourself getting a lot of grief from people such as the moderators.

huh.gif As I see it, it's an even fight. Why would moderators need to step in?

Well i think I may be forced to leave and find a forum that allows debate and discussion without being threatened by a Mod. i know you will all be then happy as no-one will then try and stiumlate debate wink.gif

Have I broken any forums rules? If so plese inform me so I can prevent it from occuring again.

Becuase I am not a respected member of this forum I cannot argue with those that are? I see it one way, other see it another and both sides try convince the other they are right. I think that is the great thing about the democracy we live in

wink.gif

I have enjoyed my discussions here and do value and respect everyones opinion and hope that it can continue.

Edited by streakyb

events this month were out of the boards control. They should be judged on how they respond and what they and hughes do with the £5m.

As i see it we have lost one decent midfielder and gained one decent midfielder (with a better PL pedigree) and we have brought in a couple of good defenders.

That's a step up. Yes, a striker would is needed but I'm not a fan of short-term loan deals and there don't seem to be any decent signings being made.

Do we need another Hakan Sukur right now? No. Maybe JJ will be this seasons Steadinho. It's worth a go.

GROSSLY overrated footballer. We had our pants taken down by Souness and the rest of the Rangers shareholders when we bought him.

I'm very pleased that the board held out for £5,000,000, which is a great price for a midfielder who never would have made any great impression on the Premiership.

As for his "I want to go home mummy" reason for leaving...................PUFF.

Thanks Den for your intervention and I take your points.

I have no problem about someone having a difference of opinion to me. That is bound to happen with any intelligent discussion.

Arguing or causing arguments for the sake of arguing is a waste of space on the site and personal attacks are not acceptable, however he is now dragging you into an argument.

Don't rise to the bait like I did mate. Better just to ignore him. I know he is provoking but if nobody argues with him he will hopefully go away.

Edited by Al

Better just to ignore him. I know he is provoking but if nobody argues with him he will hopefully go away.

Sorry, I dont come her to provoke people into debates/arguments/quarrels. So I wont go away if people ignore me. I shall still state and jsutify my opinions.

I come here to discuss Blackburn Rovers. I come to put my point across and justify my opinions.

I am just trying to debate why I feel the player who according to todays LET refused to play v colchester is better out the door and not playing for us anymore.

Why not Rovers..

The main reason is not signing a player for signing a players sake!

Sure it would have made us all alot happier if we had got a striker, but if hughes had rushed and gone for somebody quickly and he failed you would be even more unhappy because we have lost the money!

Football is swings & roundabouts, Good things come to those who..........WAIT! tinykit.gif

Why not Rovers.

Though Fergie's departure is a blow threatening members who are purely expressing their opinion should not be swept under the carpet through censorship

Bye Bye Bazza............£2m wasted

Why not Rovers..

Sure it would have made us all alot happier if we had got a striker, but if hughes had rushed and gone for somebody quickly and he failed you would be even more unhappy because we have lost the money!

Football is swings & roundabouts, Good things come to those who..........WAIT! tinykit.gif

Yes, Wait until we are relegated then try for good things like promotion.

I think we have enough quality here not to get relegated anyway.

Throwing money at the problem was not the answer in 1999. If anything, it was proof that panic-buying and overpaying just doesn't cut it in the short term or long term.

I also think streakyb has been quite unfairly criticised here. Firstly, just because he (and most others) say that Ferguson hasn't been a revelation doesn't mean he's provoking oyu into an unneccessary arguement. And secondly, just because Al is a well-respected long-term member of the board who has contributed well shouldn't put him on "higher ground" with moderators.

Why not Rovers..

Yes, Wait until we are relegated then try for good things like promotion.

So we should have just bought any old player like Bothroyd or De Pedro.

Buying a good striker is not like going to you local supermarket to buy a litre of milk.

yes we could have done with a striker and another midfielder and a LB etc but I am sure we tried to find some of enough talent to improve our squad, at a price and wage we could afford and who would realistically want to join us.

We wuld be even worse of now if we had bough a spur of the moment player just to keep people happy and still got relegated.

I realise that it's no longer the done thing (was it ever?) for anyone to take responsibility for owt at Premiership clubs, but between de Pedro (how much have we paid him in wages in the past 8 months or so) and Ferguson, someone has screwed up big time and lost the club shed-loads of money. So the chairman bleats/brags about having the biggest squad in the premiership. So stop throwing good money after bad, dimbo!! How many of the good folks who read this website could lose so much money (for sod all, don't forget) at work and expect to stay in their job?

Oh yes, and a promise that that that anchorman Bellamy will never darken the doors of Ewood Park would also be most welcome.

I realise that it's no longer the done thing (was it ever?) for anyone to take responsibility for owt at Premiership clubs, but between de Pedro (how much have we paid him in wages in the past 8 months or so) and Ferguson, someone has screwed up big time and lost the club shed-loads of money. So the chairman bleats/brags about having the biggest squad in the premiership. So stop throwing good money after bad, dimbo!! How many of the good folks who read this website could lose so much money (for sod all, don't forget) at work and expect to stay in their job?

Oh yes, and a promise that that that anchorman Bellamy will never darken the doors of Ewood Park would also be most welcome.

Souness was responsible for De Pedro and all the players he bought, as is Hughes for the players he brings in.

A club cannot going round second guessing its manager. It asks the manager who they would like and then negotaite for that player. They are respossible for the wages and trasnfer fees of the players but only, I would hope, after discussion with the manager and his telling them how important/good a player the person is.

In the past we have bough duds and possibly overpaid, but I think we have learnt now and are being more cautious. Another reason why we have not perhaps got the players in now.

de Pedro was a waste of money, but for all I criticise Ferguson, I do not feel he was a waste of money, yes we may have lost money on him but he was not a waste of money. He has played virually every game he was fit for and was normally one of the better players on the pitch.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.