BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] *Poll* Barry Ferguson

den

Should rovers have sold him, at this time, for £5m?  

404 members have voted

1. 1. Should rovers have sold him, at this time, for £5m?

• Yes
    • No

ohmy.gif Like many of us I have been waiting to see the brilliance that we paid £7m for. I was slowly coming to the conclusion that he was merely an OK player and so worth about £1.5m. So for us to get what we did from Rangers smacks of good business. The bad business was Souness paying so much for him (and Amorusso!) in the first place. He has gone back to try to be a big fish in a little pond with his reputation in tatters. Good riddance.

Like others I am seriously concerned that we seem to have no-one who can score goals and it looks like being a dire last bit of the season with us ending up 5th from bottom. For me we now need to keep Pederson in the side (and Matteo out of it).

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apologies if this has already been asked/answered somewhere, but did they write off the other £2m we owed for Barry? If they did, then we only actually ever paid £4.5m for him. We've got that back, plus the possibility of it rising another £500k. Could it end up that we made a profit on him?

Apologies if this has already been asked/answered somewhere, but did they write off the other £2m we owed for Barry? If they did, then we only actually ever paid £4.5m for him. We've got that back, plus the possibility of it rising another £500k. Could it end up that we made a profit on him?

Nope. The 4.5 million includes the 2.5 still owed-written off as part of the transfer.

I think that the £2m* has been included in the £4.5m Rangers offer. That is they gave us £2.5m cash and released the obligation to pay the £2m.

If they gave us £4.5m cash and we then gave them the £2m back in August, it would amount to the same.

We, therefore, paid £4.5m and have got back £2.5m, possibly rising to £3m.

Cost of Barry, therefore is at best £1.5m plus wages.

I think......

* Rangers said the amount was £2.5m, JW said it was £2.1m

Edited by Krillin

Ferguson wasn't fit to wear the shirt. He didn't give a toss about BRFC which was was evident the first game he played for us. I have never liked him from day one. Gifted footballer my arse but a greedy money grabbing b@5t@rD!!!!

• 4 months later...

Scenes from Malta.

After having just met a guy in the bar who came from Plovdiv and had been to the CSKA v Rovers game in Sofia, I headed out to the airport to collect my stepson from the Moscow flight. A Glasgow flight had just arrived a few minutes earlier so there I was standing at the end of the railings when the exit door opened and there was....

Barry Ferguson wearing classic chav gear (hood down) pushing an over loaded trolley of luggage (some nice muted pink cases I noticed), followed by (I would guess) ma and pa but no sign of Margaret and the bairns.

This was too good an opportunity to miss.

If I had any doubts about a bit of mischief, the arrogant way he held was handling himself dispelled them PDQ.

So, spotting a little Maltese (LM) guy by the railings on his own as my stooge, I went up to the LM and in a very resonating, very posh voice said:

Me "Hey look, isn't that a Scotch footballer?

LM muttering "Don't like football"

Me (thinking oh no!) "Yes it is him isn't it?"

LM "Who?"

Me "This guy" (pointing). He's that Scotch footballer who plays for Blackburn Rovers."

LM "That one?" (pointing practically up Ferguson's nose who by this time was stuck in front of us the other side of the railings with his mega luggage behind an embracing Maltese extended familly)

Me "Yes that's the one, he plays for Blackburn Rovers- Blackburn are a fantastic team now they've got that Mark Hughes you know. I'm sure they'll win things now."

LM "Wasn't he at United? I've heard of him. Don't know who this Scotch guy is."

Me "Yes, that's right. You know its strange, I haven't seen this Scotch guy playing on any of the international TV channels for quite a while now- Hughes must have dropped him at Blackburn. Blackburn are a very good team now you know"

LM loudly "That Scotch guy (pointing again) must be no good then"

Me "definitely rubbish"

By this point Ferguson was moving by, going very red, his head tilted so far back you'd think he'd caught his nose on the curtain rail.

Two young lads in the arrivals hall wearing Prso shirts saw Ferguson and literally cowered away from him.

I am at a loss as to why 71 people who have voted on this topic say that we should have kept the guy. blink.gif

totally bamboozled i am. the guy wanted out, plain and simple. when he refused to play in that fa cup match at home....what the (Please don't use that word again) do you think that made is team mates and fellow pro's think?? i bet some of you folks also think we shouldn't have sold dunny or the duffer or henning berg!!

the guy (fergy) was a complete arsehole who totally ###### on the players, management and most importantly us fans...good ###### riddance!!

Always thought that to improve yourself as a player you need to be playing against decent opposition, hence his move to us. Obviously not in his case, as he decided he couldn't cut it in the Premiership and sodded off back home again.

There's commitment for you, sheesh! Players like that that don't earn my respect at all. I like players that will give their all for the blue and white of Blackburn right til the very end.

• 1 year later...

Ferguson admits street brawl

Funny how he doesn't mind relating how he once got into a fight in the street yet fails to mention having ran home with his tail between his leg from the Premiership!

Good to see Rangers soundly beaten last season and again yesterday...yes I know he left 18 months ago but his behaviour was a disgrace so it's only justice to see him failing! :tu:

Oh and that was from his new autobiography...it'll be interesting to see if he mentions his transfers to and from Rangers. If there wasn't anything dodgy in those I'd be surprised!

Edited by FourLaneBlue

Ferguson admits street brawl

KINELL..... FERGUSON BRAWLING! MUST BE LIKE FIGHTING LUBY LOU IN A PHONE BOX :lol:

Oh and that was from his new autobiography...it'll be interesting to see if he mentions his transfers to and from Rangers. If there wasn't anything dodgy in those I'd be surprised!

IMO HIS AND AMO'S TRANSFERS MUS HAVE REPRESENTED A BUNGFEST!

Edited by thenodrog

I particularly enjoyed verbally abusing him yesterday. Unfortunately as I only noticed he was playing about 5 minutes from the end of the game (and I was on row 10 of the lower part of the North stand (that's the one that the camera points into) IN Celtic Park that's probably a bit of an indictmant of his play) it was short but not very sweet!!!

On the "worst transfers" front........................

Edited by Jan

I particularly enjoyed verbally abusing him yesterday. Unfortunately as I only noticed he was playing about 5 minutes from the end of the game

I'm sure the fans around you who had to endure this hysterical onslaught were glad you only noticed him five minutes from the end ... :rolleyes:

I'm sure the fans around you who had to endure this hysterical onslaught were glad you only noticed him five minutes from the end ... :rolleyes:

And you think there's a SINGLE Celtic fan who doesn't hate Barry Ferguson with a fiery poison? Not all atmospheres are as dead as Rovers!!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.