BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] *Poll* Barry Ferguson

den

Should rovers have sold him, at this time, for £5m?  

404 members have voted

1. 1. Should rovers have sold him, at this time, for £5m?

• Yes
    • No

Streakyb. - Sorry not prepared to argue with you any more. You appear to have started arguments with several others so you don't need me now.

Modes98 - My point is that it has been obvious for months that we needed a new striker. There should have been no last minute panic. A striker should have been identified ages ago and signed in the new year.

Instead we waited until the cliff edge was in sight then it was too late.

Rank bad management. Even Birmingham got Pandini on loan!

Anyway that's my opinion and I have seen nothing to change it to date.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But is it really the case that just because a bloke, one bloke, says such and such is good, the club then start negotiations to spend 7 (or in Drogba's case 24 million quid). There must be some kind of second (or preferably, tenth or eleventh) opinion to stop managers just bringing in their mates or "easy" players??I'm not suggesting it should be all down to the chairman, as tends to happen in Spain, for instance, but surely the club should demand that the manager present a water tight (OK, OK football is football, etc) case for a new signing???

Thats a loaded question.

If Mark Hughes believed he could not commit to the club- yes.

If Mark Hughes believed he could commit to the club- no.

Without knowing that how can you say?

Totally right, and judging from his character and the end result, I'd say the answer was probably no.

But is it really the case that just because a bloke, one bloke, says such and such is good, the club then start negotiations to spend 7 (or in Drogba's case 24 million quid). There must be some kind of second (or preferably, tenth or eleventh) opinion to stop managers just bringing in their mates or "easy" players??I'm not suggesting it should be all down to the chairman, as tends to happen in Spain, for instance, but surely the club should demand that the manager present a water tight (OK, OK football is football, etc) case for a new signing???

I did say that they would discuss the possible signing with the manager from this they would gauge the need for him, why the manager thinks he is a good buy and how much he is worth. But at the end of the day only one person typicaly in this country selects the team and he has to be the one to choose the players to buy.

When a board select the manager they should select someone who will be sensible on the player purchasing front. Therfore the board is not to blame for signing bad players, it is to be blamed for employing a manager who wants those players.

Streakyb. - Sorry not prepared to argue with you any more. You appear to have started arguments with several others so you don't need me now.

I wasn't trying to argue with you. Just discuss what options are/were avaliable.

Yes, i wanted the club to buy a striker, but more importantly I didnt not want them to but someone because they were presuurised.

We are all quick to get on the back of the club for not buying a striker but we have no idea what efforts they made in this department.

If rumours are to be believed they were interested in several players. I would guess that none came to fruition mainly due to finacial reasons.

But what does signing a striker have to do with the fact that we were right to sell Ferguson wink.gif

I see that people have been changing their minds on this poll. At lunchtime more felt we were wrong to sell him. Then the LET reports he didnt want to play v Colchester and he says he was wrong to ever leave Rangers and it was a mistake joining us. [now 50 v 113]

Surprised any still feel we should have kept him.

Edited by streakyb

A lot of hot air and threats here....  ph34r.gif

You're telling me! I didn't know that so many people felt the need to perform mental abloutions to pour metaphorical oil on their own troubled waters.

Den only asked for people to vote in some pointless poll ffs!

Edited by thenodrog

Why Barry had to go - LET

"The turning point came when we turned down Rangers' £4 million offer last week.

"Barry then made it clear he didn't want to play against Colchester on Saturday, which was a grave concern to us.

"We decided at that point it was time to let him go and we set about trying to get the best possible price we could for him.

Edited by streakyb

the least he could have done was thank the club,board and fans for their support these past 18 months.

not one mention of blackburn other than that the local derby with bolton didnt compare. rolleyes.gif

someone asked,how was he our captain,i DOUBLE THAT!

we should stop slagging off BLACKBURN boys such as Tugay and Flitcroft cause however bad they play,they are Blackburn through and through and play for the club and have led the club by example many many times!Not to mention Friedel,Short,Jansen.

someone asked,how was he our captain,i DOUBLE THAT!

we should stop slagging off BLACKBURN boys such as Tugay and Flitcroft cause however bad they play,they are Blackburn through and through and play for the club and have led the club by example many many times!Not to mention Friedel,Short,Jansen.

And Lucas Neill

Dont forget old Lucas and his hospital tackle on Craig 'Pigeon Chest' Bellamy

A lot of hot air and threats here....  ph34r.gif

You're telling me! I didn't know that so many people felt the need to perform metal abloutions to pour metaphorical oil on their own troubled waters.

Den only asked for people to vote in some pointless poll ffs!

I'm not sure whether to fall out with you, or thank you after that smile.gif

I used to hate Rangers. I still do. But will accept any new recruits to the green and white cause happily wink.gif

I just keep thinking that they got a Premiership failure, Celtic got a Premiership success. I'm angry not that Baby Ferguson has gone, but that we bought him in the first place, when I was always sure this was going to happen.

I used to like Hearts too (still do in fact), I remember the days when John Robertson used to knock them in all day for Hearts, he's the manager now I think. Unfortunately I doubt Hearts will win the title for a long time.

I'm not going to start wearing a Tam O'Shanter or anything, but I'll always favour Celtic over Rangers now.

I'm hopping mad about the whole thing, it all smells very strongly of a stitch-up to me.

"I'm man enough to admit I made a mistake" - oooh, you big hard-man. You socking banker. mad.gif

Edited by Bryan

As I said before- glad he's gone. He was never class- he only managed to shine in a Rangers side that won the treble in SCOTLAND while the best team in Scotland were getting to a EUROPEAN final. Without that distraction, Rangers would have been as tubbed as they have been every other season since O'Neill took over.

I must say, this should win funniest post of the year!!

I've heard some great excuses in my time, but our one final appearance consisting of matches on Thursday a couple times a month (ending up with bubkus for the season) is why we couldn't win 3 competitions against far inferior competition.

I'd love to see Jose try that excuse if he ends up winning nothing this season in 4 competitions against far superior opposition than Celtic face in Scotland.

jim you seem a bright guy.so tell me what is the point of us suspending him without pay?

what gain do we have?

the same public relations fiasco thAt Brum had with Savage?

We might as well been the bigger "man" and let him take his toys and leave after he was gonna be that way.end of story.he didnt want to put the shirt on,let him leave and get some money while we still could.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.