[Archived] Arsenal - Man U

Flopsy

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright Ulrablue, that's total crap.

End to end game, passion, quality, excitement. You don't get games like that in other leagues. Great stuff, very entertaining.

If you want to see that Eddie, go nick a ball off a 10 year old, you'll get the same reaction. Come back when youve realised that you cant argue against diving, when you condone the reaction of those players. Entertainment is football, that was not football!!

No, the entertainment comes from witnessing a mix of passion and flowing football. Both sides displayed that. Yes, it was in a petulant way, but that was far more entertaing than two sides going through the motions and looking like the only thing they care about is the size of the paycheck.

See above Nolan!!!! mad.gif

I have seen above and thats why I have took no notice of you. As i think your talking crap. People get bored when its 0-0 on Super Sunday etc. We finally get an action packed game but we still have someone who is not satisfied.

ultrablue has most of that right.

Yes, it was a good game of football, but it would have been so much better without the needless histrionics of several players from both teams.

Sky and the papers have a lot to answer for. Ever since the infamous encounter in October, this fixture has been relentlessly built up into a soap opera, not a game of football.

The antics in the tunnel before the game smacked of WWF role playing for the cameras.

Graham Poll - who I have absolutely no time for - was handed the impossible task of "managing" this fixture, and I honestly believe that his remit was to manage the game tonight.

That is wrong, he should be there to referee a sporting encounter. But it's gone so far into showbiz that he's having to use different interpretations of the laws of the game to handle volatile flash points as and when they occur - eg Rooney.

It would have been action packed without the pathetic dives from Vieira and Ronaldo, without the in your face dissent of Rooney and Henry and without the sly efforts to cheat the official of at least another half dozen players.

All that in the context of a build up which has seen the police having to intervene to calm down the public rantings of the two most experienced managers in the British game, who quite frankly are a disgrace to the game for their pathetic behaviour, which clearly was transferred to their players on this big stage.

Poll did very well on the night, and it was a great game, but the pathetic sh!t needs stamping out, fast.

I think both camps have a point here. It was one of the most watchable game in ages and the tackles and confrontations I can live with. When Henry is that wound up in the game that he bangs the ball into the turf after a foul is given against him fine. Why does he need to be booked? He's just caught up the the passion and excitement around him. I thought Poll (who is NOT a fave ref of mine) did well in the circumstances.

However sometimes things can go to far. Like spitting Diouf last week, Ashley Cole needs the FA to act over his dispicable dive in the first half. Also Rooney should have walked for the language he gave the ref. I can sort of understand a player in the heat of the moment telling a ref to F Off but Rooney seemed to tell him where to go about 5 times in the same converstation. One red card for it and he will think twice before doing it again.

However if you headbut someone you walk. That's black and white.

Fair play to Man U though. Everyone hates them but in games it really matters they don't half dig in.

Edited by Hasta

Any reason why Tyler wasn't doing the commentary last night? That's the last 2 Arse games he has sat out of.

Could it be that Sky have finally sussed out that he is the biggest gooner of them all?

We reckon that because Tyler is leaving in the summer/next summer, he has been demoted to Saturday afternoon games rather than getting the big Sunday 4pm and midweek games. Ian Darke seems to have reappeared. Not that it mattered in our local pub where we watched it on some dodgy Arabic channel 'Barasha' or something.

I thought it was a good game - pity about them winning!

I actually found myself wanting United to win  I'll hang my head in shame.

No no no! ohmy.gif I could never bring myself to support united. During last nights game, i said to my mate that Arsenal could end up losing this (Arsenal were 2-1 up at the time) as United just seemed to be that bit more focused. I am gutted they won, but reluctantly have to admit they have a bit of 'steel' about them that Arsenal lack. sad.gif

I`m ashamed of myself sad.gif

Didn't get chance to watch the game but watched the highlights.

Best set of highlights I've watched in a while, game must have been brilliant to watch.

Arsenal started well, but once again United showed their determination and fight to come back and win. How many times have United done that over the last ten years or so?

Arsenal started of well, great lay off from Rooney for Giggs's goal.

Ronaldo played well again, great finish.

Arsenal have had a poor season in my opinion, especially letting United beat them in the way they did. Once United got the equaliser the whole ground seemed to sense that United were going to win.

The Arsenal players stopped and never showed the fight to play on unlike United.

Highbury tunnel players in clear

ultrablue has most of that right.

Yes, it was a good game of football, but it would have been so much better without the needless histrionics of several players from both teams.

Sky and the papers have a lot to answer for. Ever since the infamous encounter in October, this fixture has been relentlessly built up into a soap opera, not a game of football.

The antics in the tunnel before the game smacked of WWF role playing for the cameras.

Graham Poll - who I have absolutely no time for - was handed the impossible task of "managing" this fixture, and I honestly believe that his remit was to manage the game tonight.

That is wrong, he should be there to referee a sporting encounter. But it's gone so far into showbiz that he's having to use different interpretations of the laws of the game to handle volatile flash points as and when they occur - eg Rooney.

It would have been action packed without the pathetic dives from Vieira and Ronaldo, without the in your face dissent of Rooney and Henry and without the sly efforts to cheat the official of at least another half dozen players.

All that in the context of a build up which has seen the police having to intervene to calm down the public rantings of the two most experienced managers in the British game, who quite frankly are a disgrace to the game for their pathetic behaviour, which clearly was transferred to their players on this big stage.

Poll did very well on the night, and it was a great game, but the pathetic sh!t needs stamping out, fast.

You said it Tris

Another reason why I and man others are getting fed up of football - on TV anyway and at higher levels.

WWF is a joke (and I don't mean The World Wildlife Fund) which is what Football is turning into

Fair do's to some of the football being played but that's what its all about but nowadays thare are far to many players looking at getting other players sent off/booked, conning the referee etc much the same as our game against Notlob last week.

Couldnt care less about the manure arsenal match.

However, i was delighted about the Palace wba game being a 2-2 draw. It means they take points off each other, palace stay at arms length behind us and wba stay well in the relegation zone. Well done lads, couldnt have wished to do Blackburn any better favour then you did.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.