BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jose Mourinho

He obviously does not have a clue what a relegation battle means.

That sentence sums up why he can be arrogant. And he doesn't have a clue what a relegation battle is with any clubs he's managed from the sounds of it.

It must have been a different thread, but I remember someone writing about the comparison between him and Clough, and how off that was. The one who made the comparison was Clough himself not too long before he passed.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whether this has been posted or not I don't know. Every time I hear Mark Hughes speak, or read of his quotes I like him just that little bit more.

I particualrly like this statement taken from the LET

"You've got to compete at this level and that's what we did," said the Blackburn boss. "Whether or not they're upset that they weren't allowed to play the football they wanted to play is not my concern.

"My only concern was to ensure that the level of performance of my players was at the right level and it certainly was."

That, my good Blue and White friends is, in my opinion, one of the best statements to ever come out of a Rovers Manager. Brilliant Mark Hughes keep it up, we will have the passion back if you keep it up. Pretty we may not be but if we have balls, blood and thunder footy 100% from all 11 on the pitch then I can happily live with that. Hell, I can be proud of that, anyone else?

Blackburn Rovers Football Club, dirtiest team in the prem? NO just the 'ardest that's a little mis understood.

Edited by USABlue

Mourinho and chelsea, will get theres when Roman finally leaves, and trust me I reckon it will be in the next 3 years or so then what who will pay for there 88million season loses and there huge wage bill

Do you rely think roman will leave a trust fund like Uncle Jack no, uncle jack was a fan , rovers through and through, Chelsea to Roman is a plaything whom he can chuck when he gets bored.

If there such a  big club why did mr Abramovich go in to buy Manure then spuds before finally going for chelsea, lets face it without Romans money chelsea are an average sized premiership club who would be in huge debt

utter rubbish.

he will be around for a long time yet. he may have spent 200mill, but those players are not worthless now are they!

He also owns the freehold to one of the most expensive areas in the country ( valued conservatively at £150million)

he is in it for all of the reasons philip said and good luck to them.

What does it matter whether he was a fan or not? We lived the dream thanks to Uncle Jack and now another set of fans are living the dream. I don't have a problem with that at all.

who's gonna pay the wage bill when he finally leaves, and one day he will leave whether it be next season or in ten ,even if he does build the "chelsea brand" and they do have land valued at you say 150 million, there is not one club in the world that generates enough finance to pay the huge wages at chelsea, and then you go on to claim that the players would be sold to cover the expenditure, haven't you seen the demise of leeds and the fact there best players have got sold for a fraction of what they are worth, nevermind the fact that there will be hardly any clubs that can match there current wages.

If they had invested in home-grown players, limited the amount of players on huge wages ( Kezman 50,000 , Bridge 50,000 etc ) then they may not getthemselves in trouble when Mr Abramovich finally leaves,The two richest clubs Man U and Madrid ( Also the biggest market brands ) have recognised the fact that huge wages to squad players is unsuistainable and my friend chelsea are not a quarter the size as those two and i also doubt they will be as marketable as the large euro clubs in 10 years.

The diffence between us and Chelsea is the fact we had a fan investing in our who thourght both in the short and long term , we have invested in our academy and youth. Also when we ewre in our pomp we still limited the amount of players on huge wages, as Jack recognised the fact it would bankrupt the club if he was not there to finance the players wages

There is a dffernce between us and the happenings of Chelsea

Leeds and Chelsea are 2 completely different monsters. First, Leeds did not actually own most of the players they had to sell. They had basically used those players as collateral for the loans they took out to buy them. Any money received went to the companies that made the loans, not to Leeds.

Also, if you look at most of the players Chelsea has been signing, they are younger players who have years ahead of them, not older players who's values will be nothing (a la Andy Cole) in a few years. That shows that he is in this for the long term. He's building up a squad for the future, and I think Mourinho has shown/said that he wants to keep the squad relatively small, so the spending probably won't continue at this rate.

Oh, and you can't tell me that Duff wouldn't go for at least 10 mil, Lampard for 15 or so, Terry for another 10+, Drogba for about 8, Gudjonson for 5 or more, Robben for about 20 at this point, etc. Plenty of assets there.

Leeds and Chelsea are 2 completely different monsters. First, Leeds did not actually own most of the players they had to sell. They had basically used those players as collateral for the loans they took out to buy them. Any money received went to the companies that made the loans, not to Leeds.

Also, if you look at most of the players Chelsea has been signing, they are younger players who have years ahead of them, not older players who's values will be nothing (a la Andy Cole) in a few years. That shows that he is in this for the long term. He's building up a squad for the future, and I think Mourinho has shown/said that he wants to keep the squad relatively small, so the spending probably won't continue at this rate.

Oh, and you can't tell me that Duff wouldn't go for at least 10 mil, Lampard for 15 or so, Terry for another 10+, Drogba for about 8, Gudjonson for 5 or more, Robben for about 20 at this point, etc. Plenty of assets there.

im sorry am i on the chelsea boards

Those might be proper "valuations" for those layers, but who, theoretically, would or could pay those fees? 2, maybe 3 clubs, tops? (Real Madrid, Man U, Barca)??? Plus everyone of those players would probably have to take a pay cut to go elsewhere.

Chelsea have inflated the transfer market, for THEMSELVES, because every club knows they can jack up the price on Abramovich, because he doesn't care what he has to pay. Look at what they paid for Wayne Bridge. You're telling me he's value for that money?

They're only assests if you can actually cash in on them.

ManU, or Liverpool would buy Duff in a heartbeat. Arsenal, ManUnited, Newcastle or one of the big Italian clubs would buy Terry just as quick. At least half the Premiership clubs would buy Gudjonson (if Beattie sold for 6, he might even go for more). Drogba would go to Spain or Italy. Lampard would go to one of at least half a dozen clubs. Robben could pick his club.

As for salaries, how often do you hear a player reject a move because of a salary cut? Yes, it happens, but not that often. Remember, Beckham was making more in Manchester than he is now.

Bazzathe great, I suggest you read my post on the subject then you will realise why Abramovich is on a win-win-win-win with Chelsea and will only bow out if someone offers him well north of a billion for the club.

Just to help you, each one of those £2m salaries are 2.5 days' interest income for him.

All the people he wants to impress are mad keen football fans and thanks to Ken Bates, Chelski have 15 of the most luxuriously appointed corporate boxes anywhere in any sport. Those boxes are full of Russians/Abramovich's guests for every game. That facility alone is worth a fortunne to the guy.

Abramovich is in it for a much longer haul than your average fan director and the impact he will have on English soccer is only just beginning.

ManU, or Liverpool would buy Duff in a heartbeat. Arsenal, ManUnited, Newcastle or one of the big Italian clubs would buy Terry just as quick. At least half the Premiership clubs would buy Gudjonson (if Beattie sold for 6, he might even go for more). Drogba would go to Spain or Italy. Lampard would go to one of at least half a dozen clubs. Robben could pick his club.

As for salaries, how often do you hear a player reject a move because of a salary cut? Yes, it happens, but not that often. Remember, Beckham was making more in Manchester than he is now.

Randomly....

Solid point...I agree about Gudjonson and maybe Drogba.

But those other players would have to want to go, and presumably the only way most of them would leave is if they were frozen out of the first team. I guess we'll have to wait until Adriano, Gerrard and Ashley Cole arrive in the summer.

Terry doesn't strike me as one who would ever go abroad. Duff had his chance at Liverpool.

Arsenal have shown they are not 'big' spenders in the transfer market, and won't be until they move to Ashburton Grove.

What clubs would Lampard and/or Robben agree a move to? Chelsea, whether by media frenzy or reality are becoming the most biggest and most fashionable club in Europe. Now this may be a short term phenomenon and it could all change very uickly if something were to happen with Roman, but surely if he pulled his investment, those players because of the debt they have accrued (amd having aged by then) wouldn't be sold at those prices.

The value of the players of Chelsea in the market is an utterly abstract concept- they aren't going anywhere unless Chelsea want them to so resale values are utterly theoretical.

The Chelsea equation is:

£200m invested in players (now he has got the quality he wants, his activity in the market will be at a much lower replenishment level) plus £70m a year wages yields on a conservative basis

£5m a year Prem prize money over what they would have earned anyway

£5m a year more in TV rights income

£5m a year more in Chelsea's own media interests

£15m a year more from Champs League Qualification

£12m a year shirt sponsorship (deal just done)

£20m a year stadium sponsorship (under negotiation)

£40m a year more in merchandising

Not the greatest return but it will wash its face.

Then add the capital appreciation of land and enterprise values, and Abramovich is looking at a massive return on his investment in Chelsea, now and into the foreseeable future.

What Mourinho has done is take advantage of the security blanket Chelsea gives to any its non-druggy players to engender a loyalty and fierce passion towards the club and each other that is awesome.

Randomly....

Solid point...I agree about Gudjonson and maybe Drogba.

But those other players would have to want to go, and presumably the only way most of them would leave is if they were frozen out of the first team. I guess we'll have to wait until Adriano, Gerrard and Ashley Cole arrive in the summer.

Terry doesn't strike me as one who would ever go abroad. Duff had his chance at Liverpool.

Arsenal have shown they are not 'big' spenders in the transfer market, and won't be until they move to Ashburton Grove.

What clubs would Lampard and/or Robben agree a move to? Chelsea, whether by media frenzy or reality are becoming the most biggest and most fashionable club in Europe. Now this may be a short term phenomenon and it could all change very uickly if something were to happen with Roman, but surely if he pulled his investment, those players because of the debt they have accrued (amd having aged by then) wouldn't be sold at those prices.

All of this is dependent on them being dumped by Roman and no longer being the force they are, like some people are suggesting will happen. If that is the case, I disagree that they wouldn't get value for them. There are only 2 who I'm giving huge number on, based on other players who have been bought lately (compare Eidur to Beattie, compare Terry to Boumsong, etc.)

Oh, and Arsenal proved they aren't big spenders yet in the transfer market when they spent 20 million on Reyes.

Oh, and Arsenal proved they aren't big spenders yet in the transfer market when they spent 20 million on Reyes.

Oh come now...that's one example. Who else can you name? That's not my opinion, they themselves have stated they don't have a lot to spend until they move.

Wenger has built that team on shrewd buys and his great ability to spot talent. Sure, Duff and Terry could hold down a place at Arsenal, but my original point was simply one of supply and demand economics. There simply aren't many teams around in the current climate that could afford any of those transfer fees or wages, and thus the market it squeezed. That's why I suspect, that those teams knowing that, wouldn't be in a hurry to do Chelsea any favors if it ever came to selling them.

Wiltord and Jeffers both cost approx 10 million. Arsenal haven't spent as much as Man U or Chelsea but Arsene Wenger does like to play the poor hard-up manager who has to compete on a shoe-string budget.

And they might not have spent a fee on him, but by all accounts Sol Campbell is on a massive wage in the 80/90K pw region.

listen mate , i don't want to sound like i've got an inflated opinion or nothing, but i've got a degree in business economics, and i know that outside manchester united there not much to be made from football, how many football teams appear in the ftse 100 for example, yes roman is trying to build a football brand due to the geogrpahical position of chelsea football club, what i'm saying is even companies that are worth 100 times more than chelsea there current profit/looses ratio is not sustainable 88mill in one season alone, it will take if possible at least 10-15 years for chelsea to even compete with Real and Man U in terms of marketability, and even then you look at the profit announced by teams its peanuts compared to an average size business.

My own opinion is that Abramovich will not be at chelsea in a maximum of 5 years,and even if chelsea mange to sell there assests for decent prices they will be left in huge debt , and they do not have the spanish government to cover them like Real,Barca when they get in finacial difficulty. but if anyone tells me that putting Bridge, Kezman etc on 50,000 per week wages makes good suistanble business sense, then there living in dream world. its like Bill gates paying the Chinese labourers that build the components for 20 pound an hour. He woudnt and hees the richest man on the planet

Bottom line is, no-one knows for sure what will happen at Chelsea in 5 years time. Abramovich is a mysterious figure who keeps his cards close to his chest. They could be conquering all before them in 5 years time, with Abramovich still there. Or they could be on skid row, like they were before the got taken over, with the players gone, the ground leased, Abramovich shot by the mafia and the players pawning their gold teeth. Or a scenario in between those extremes.

Just because the geezer has oodles of dosh it guarantees nothing, look at how Real Madrid have been struggling. Mega-money can guarantee you a better class of player, but it can't buy team cohesion, heart, guts and passion.

As for Mourinho, I think he needs a lesson in humility. His self-confidence has mutated into arrogance and a true sportsman shouldn't be arrogant. Tosser! laugh.gif

As for Mourinho, I think he needs a lesson in humility. His self-confidence has mutated into arrogance and a true sportsman shouldn't be arrogant. Tosser! laugh.gif

Yes, he should be humble like Shearer.

tongue.gif

The pitch wasn't prepared to his preference on an opposition pitch, apparently, and he made sure he mentioned it in very derogatory comments: "During this afternoon it rained only in this stadium -- our kitman saw it -- they tried everything. There must be a microclimate here."

An interesting comment was made on Sky today by Martin Tyler, just before the start of the Chelsea v Man City game.

He made mention of Moaninho's whinging regarding Rovers watering of the pitch and stated that Chelsea only turned the sprinklers off an hour before kick-off today.

Well done Tyler for showing what a hypocrite the whinging git is.

(As I type, David James has just made the save of the season in the 4th minute of stoppage time at the end of the game. It's finished 0-0! biggrin.gif )

Wiltord and Jeffers both cost approx 10 million. Arsenal haven't spent as much as Man U or Chelsea but Arsene Wenger does like to play the poor hard-up manager who has to compete on a shoe-string budget.

And they might not have spent a fee on him, but by all accounts Sol Campbell is on a massive wage in the 80/90K pw region.

Arsenal are always mentioned in the same breath as Chelsea and MU but in reallity they are very much the financial poor relations of MU who in turn are light years behind Chelsea.

Arsenals recent success has been based on Wengers astuteness in the transfer market. Sure he blobbed a couple of times with Jeffers and Wiltord but it was only money that he had made from Anelka who he got for nothing and sold at a huge profit. He also conned Real into paying a kings ransom for the water carrier Manu Petite. (It must be damned easy cos MU copied him with Beckham and Newcastle with Woodgate laugh.gif )

The spine of his team messrs Henry, Vierra and Campbell together with Pires cost 10 mill less than Rooney and 9 mill less than Drogba! Not bad bit of business eh?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.