BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jose Mourinho

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was 30m for Overmars and Petit I think.

They said 25m for Overmars and 5m for Petit

Which is 15m each and very good business for Arsenal.

So 5m was good business but it would never have happened if they hadnt bought overmars

A bit like a free gift offer where a minimum spend applies. They baffled them with the illusion of a good deal

• 2 weeks later...

I thought he was wrong last night in not facing the press. Its ok to be good with the media when you win, but its how you act when things go against you that counts, and at the moment he is not going very well. ohmy.gif

I thought he was wrong last night in not facing the press. Its ok to be good with the media when you win, but its how you act when things go against you that counts, and at the moment he is not going very well. ohmy.gif

I presume you know the reason why Chelsea are complaing to UEFA then if you think, unreservedly that he should have faced the media.

I await the confirmation of what the clubs issue is before I shall judge him and his team. Not making an announcement and laving it to the clubs MEdia man to make a v v short and curt statement.

It seems to me that Chelsea are bad winners and bad losers. All the unnecessary moaning when they came to Ewood and now we find that they are pleading not guilty of failing to control their players during the fracas at Ewood concerning Dickov and the goalkeeper - when Rovers are pleading guilty!

link

Edited by roversmum

Chelsea, from the best liked manager in the country to the most despised in a few short months!

After the legacy of Ranieri Mourhino now is rapidly on the way to being the most hated manager in the country..................... the old RFW will be seething! biggrin.gif

If they end up winning s0d all (or at least, just the Carling Cup), I will laugh my socks off.

Will be in Rome Sunday so not sure if I will see Carling Cup Final, but willing Liverpool to win.

I'm hoping they'll go on to win the 3 remaining trophies that they can.

Just to ###### off the usual winners and certain folk wink.gif

Why Den, did we beat them or something by a combined 5-0 in 2 matches?

No, but we footballed 'em off the park at Ewood. smile.gif

But still lost, at home, and had to resort to defensive tactics to still lose. People forget that in the end, the better team that day is the one who scores more goals than the other.

yes, he is good for the English game:

He's got up Wenger and Ferguson's nose - can only be good.

He's raising the bar in regards to tactics. His ploy of fielding two holding midfielders and one striker is yet to be out-foxed by other Prem teams.

And he is quite entertaining in interviews.

I don't expect Rovers fans to love the guy - the tribal nature of football dictates that anyone outside of your club is to usually be looked down upon, especially if they're successful.

But you have to admit he has brought something different to the English game.

I'd disagree with that American, and I'm not talking specifically about our game against Chelsea.

I have seen plenty of matches where the better team has lost, and really the better team. Just because their opposition have outscored them, perhaps getting a couple of goals on the break with their only chances of the game, in a game in which they have barely featured, does not make them the better team on the night. There can always be the argument that they deserved the victory, because they took their chances and were not wasteful, however, I don't believe you can say they were the better team.

As I said, I'm not saying this is at all how it was in our match against Chelsea, but to think that the better team is decided purely by who scores more goals, is, in my opinion at least, not always right.

But Eddie, how is the game judged? By who scored more goals. You might have played better, but getting the ball in the net (and keeping it out) is part of the play. It's not as if after every match their is a panel who decides who wins or loses. If this were figure skating, we would have won, but guess what, it isn't!!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.