SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jose Mourinho

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Chelsea and Mourinho in trouble with UEFA again after sending the fitness coach and Mikkeal Forrsell to do the pre match press conference.

Aparrently Uefa had asked for Steve Clarke and a big name player to talk to the press, Uefa are not happy but cant punish Chelsea for it.

Edited by Grabbi Graeme

Threaten to resign and get yourself a £1million a year pay rise, seems to have been the motto recently for Jose Mourinho.

A new £5.2 million-a-year contract making Mourinho the highest paid manager in world football was offered to him by Chelsea last week - who were worried that their manager might leave the club.

I wonder if perhaps in a couple of years time, Mourinho will try out the same trick again - throw a hissy fit, stamp his feet and complain about the footballing authorities being unfair (letting it be known that he might quit the club) - and then wait for a new bumper pay rise to be offered to him.

His assistant at Chelsea, Baltemar Brito, said that Mourinho had given 100 per cent to the club but that he had "not been backed 100 per cent by the club".

Peter Kenyon then offered Mourinho the improved pay deal.

I can't imagine any other industry apart from football which would pander to such an arrogant man like Mourinho by giving him such a big pay rise for threatening to quit....

Watching the Chelsea/Bayern game last night, I was disgusted to see Claude Makelele walk onto Mehmet Scholl's hand when the German was lying on the ground.

It must be bloody painful to have a pair of football studs stamped onto your wrist - but Makelele seemed to have a smile on his face as he walked onto Scholl's hand.

Makelele is a dirty barsteward. Last season in the Champions League quarter-final he made a scandalous dive to get Monaco's Andreas Zikos sent off.

I really hope that Chelsea don't win the Champions League this season....

Threaten to resign and get yourself a £1million a year pay rise, seems to have been the motto recently for Jose Mourinho.

Nothing new in that aesf........ just ask SGE! The fact that Kenyon was involved in both does contain a touch of irony.

I really hope that Chelsea don't win the Champions League this season....

Last night was the first time that I can recall wwhen I wanted the ''English'' side to lose..............sad really but I just can't stand the Chelsea arrogance. We get their TV out here and it's worse than MUTV!

Last night was the first time that I can recall wwhen I wanted the ''English'' side to lose..............sad really but I just can't stand the Chelsea arrogance. We get their TV out here and it's worse than MUTV!

the seventh circle of hell

Just applied for an American Express card. Apparently its the card used to buy posh hotel suites for Ashley Cole.

Bloody hell it didn't take him long did it!!!

funny they wouldnt take my american express at about every hotel in chicago. wonder if the were worried about it ph34r.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Jose Mourinho describes himself as "the special one".

His team wasn't too special on Tuesday night though. In 90 minutes at Anfield, the only shot that Dudek had to save was from a Lampard free-kick. This was despite having 60% of the possession.

Without Duff (and Robben for most of the game) Chelsea lacked the width and penetration needed to open Liverpool up. Without those two wingers, they can be a dull over-cautious side to watch.

As Arsene Wenger says, Chelsea don't like taking the attacking initiative early on. They prefer to try to wear their opponents down.

For the 2nd successive year, Chelsea lost at the semi-final stage partly due to bad tactics by the manager. Last season against Monaco, it was due to the ridiculous substitutions by Claudio.

This year it was due to their lack of attacking invention at Stamford Bridge and Anfield.

While the Liverpool goal was obviously highly debatable, Mourinho didn't have the grace to acknowledge the Reds performance. Instead, he complained that the best team lost and that Liverpool were defensive.

Mourinho clearly wanted to wait until after Chelsea's European fate was known before signing his new contract. He knew that if Chelsea won the Champions League it would increase his bargaining power and wage packet.

Not content with the 750 grand he's getting for his American Express adverts at the moment, Jose wants even more for himself.

He's a greedy arrogant man who lacks style, grace and humility.

And even with all his money, he still doesn't want to buy a packet of razor blades....

• 9 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Lying, cheating and refusing to accept a handshake at the end of a match........ He is quite simply not an honourable man and should therefore neither be considered nor treat as one.

Yet a thread appears singing his praises.

http://www.brfcs.co.uk/mb/index.php?showtopic=15376

Anyway, I pushed this topic back up in light of that thread.

Firstly I would like to clear up that this topic's description was edited by a moderator/administrator. It originally read "Jose Mourinho, Is An Arrogant Prick". The edit makes it sound like I have a problem with mere arrogance, which is simply not the case. Very belated correction, I know.

Secondly, it is sobering to read a recent history of Mourinho and his antics. Not just what he did to harm the reputation of Blackburn Rovers, but what he did to destroy the career of a referee and the other less-than-admirable antics that Chelsea have been getting up to post-Ranieri.

I think Mourinho's a very dangerous character. If a situation can be inflamed, he'll inflame it. He never tries to defuse situations. Other managers have the occasional rant when something really upsets tham but he seems to find some conspiracy against Chelsea every week and cannot accept that his own team contribute anything to the on-field problems that occur. I have no great liking for Graham Poll but, if he did say Chelsea need to be taught a lesson, I can see where he's coming from as the arrogance of club and manager is often breathtaking.

Wasn't for one minute suggesting he should have said it. Just that you can see why he might think it. Refs should always have the sense to keep their opinions to themselves while they are still involved in the game, otherwise they are not acting in a suitably professional manner.

• 6 months later...

"Mourinho's outrageous suggestion at Graham Poll"

Jose Mourinho allegedly suggested that Graham Poll performs sexual acts on Alex Ferguson. The outrageous remarks allegedly came in a confrontation with Poll during Chelsea's 0-0 Premiership draw with Man United at Stamford Bridge in May. In an interview with BBC's Inside Sport, Poll accused Mourinho of "an unrepeatable and disgraceful personal comment" about him and Sir Alex Ferguson.

Poll added: "He knows what he said to me and it was just absolutely disgraceful. I was so shocked to hear it and he knew he had gone too far." One professional lip-reader who has viewed a tape of the alleged incident says that Mourinho's suggestion to Poll was that he performs a lewd sexual act on the Man United manager.

_43004927_poll_mourinho_isport203.jpg

This wouldn't be the first time that Mourinho has apparently made comments of a personal or offensive nature towards a referee. The Chelsea manager escaped a fine last season after making insults towards Mike Riley's mother during an FA Cup quarter-final tie against Spurs. Mourinho was caught by television cameras at half-time telling Riley that he was a "filho da puta" (Portugese for the "son of a whore").

"I say these kind of words all the time," said Mourinho afterwards. "If you had a microphone on the dug-out you would hear them all the time. It hasn't been easy in matches with Mr Riley. Against Liverpool, Sissoko should have been sent off and then, five minutes later, Michael Ballack is sent off. Against Reading we lost two goalkeepers and no opponent got even a yellow card."

"Mourinho's disgraceful and unrepeatable remarks"

"Jose Mourinho allegedly suggested that Graham Poll performs sexual acts on Alex Ferguson. The outrageous remarks allegedly came in a confrontation with Poll during Chelsea's 0-0 Premiership draw with Man United at Stamford Bridge in May. In an interview with BBC's Inside Sport, Poll accused Mourinho of "an unrepeatable and disgraceful personal comment" about him and Sir Alex Ferguson.

Poll added: "He knows what he said to me and it was just absolutely disgraceful. I was so shocked to hear it and he knew he had gone too far." One professional lip-reader who has viewed a tape of the alleged incident says that Mourinho's suggestion to Poll was that he performs a lewd sexual act on the Man United manager.

[

I cant believe that...... After Old Trafford 95 it's quite obvious that Alex Ferguson has Paul Durkin for all that lewd stuff! :o

Or am I just 'biased'? :rover:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.