BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jose Mourinho

I have held the opinion that Jose Mourinho is extremely arrogant for quite a while.

Judging by his performance last night, he is closing in ever so fast on the level of arrogance displayed by Alex Ferguson.

Last night he showed great disrespect to Blackburn and a former Chelsea player in the form of Mark Hughes.

Hughes said: "I was a little bit more upset that the opposing manager was not gracious enough to shake my hand. Sometimes you have to be gracious in defeat but you also have to be gracious in victory afterwards."

Too right. And what did Mourinho have to say in reply?

"I think this is ridiculous, the game has finished, I'm happy, I want to be with my players, I don't want to be with other people. If I see him when I leave the building of course I would shake his hand.''

What, couldn't he walk two metres to Hughes and shake his hand, and then celebrate with his players? The arrogance of the man.

But wait, there's more.

His disrespectful comments didn't end there.

He continued to show disrespect to our players: "The blond boy in the middle made 20 faults and no yellow card. It's difficult to control emotions.''

Since his team didn't dominate the match to his liking, he decided to spit the dummy, just like he did after Chelsea's first Tottenham match: "They felt they couldn't beat us playing football so they tried to beat us in a different way - direct football, first ball, second ball, being nasty and hard and trying to intimidate players."

In the following comment he overlooks the bad attitudes of Terry and Makelele, and further accuses Blackburn of having a "special attitude" (covering the terrible way his players handled pressure): "It was difficult for us against a team who had a special attitude. If I was polite I would call it a special attitude."

The pitch wasn't prepared to his preference on an opposition pitch, apparently, and he made sure he mentioned it in very derogatory comments: "During this afternoon it rained only in this stadium -- our kitman saw it -- they tried everything. There must be a microclimate here."

Have you ever heard Mark Hughes show so much disrespect to the opposition? He almost never has a bad word to say. He gets on with the job. (I will gladly eat my words if you can prove otherwise.)

My conclusion? Mourinho is a spoiled and arrogant millionaire who spits the dummy when things don't quite go his way (losing is no prerequisite apparently... you can win and still spit a dummy).

[/rant over]

Edited by James No. 7

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dig him, he is arrogant but he is killing Ferguson in all departments including this one this year, that's what matters.

When Turdgeson finally retires I will probably hate him, but, for the moment he is giving it to the Mancs smile.gif

I dig him, he is arrogant but he is killing Ferguson in all departments including this one this year, that's what matters.

When Turdgeson finally retires I will probably hate him, but, for the moment he is giving it to the Mancs smile.gif

Quite agree. And the thing about being an arrogant git is that you can only get away with while you're at the top which is why Ferguson looks such a tit now. Wouldn't Jose look bloody stupid if Chelsea slip up and give Manure even a sniff of a chance. Not that I think that will happen for a moment

I am with James No 7 all the way on this one. For the first time ever last night, I wasnt too upset about us losing because I thought that our boys did us proud. So, I thought I would wait and see what Jose had to say after the game and thoughts of "they battled hard" "They put us under a lot of pressure" you know, that kind of thing. But when he asked why he told his players to throw their shirts into the crowd and he turned round and said it was becuase their fans deserved it becuase it was such a poor match for them to see, I felt like eating his heart out with a tiny spoon. All this hugging and kissing each other after the match makes me sick too. There's team unity and there is getting carried away with yourself.

To coin the words of Mr Keegan. I would love it if we beat them (nect time round of course)

It's not the first time this season and won't be the last time he has such a whine. A team who I think forced a draw out of Chelsea were criticised for putting too many players behind the ball and defending too well! Maybe Mourinho believes tactics and a game plan are only allowed if you have an unlimited budget (and insatiable greed) in the transfer market.

I was disappointed by Mourinho last night. Usually he's calm and calculated and gives as good a sound bites as Strachan used to do, but last night he showed nothing more than the rantings of a spoiled brat who's been told he has to wait to play with the see-saw.

I grant him it was a physical game and Blackburn played in a "special way" as he put it, although no different to the way Blackburn has played most of the season.

His attitude reeked of a man belittling an opposition, putting across the idea that he didn't know who the Blackburn players were.

I mean, how dare we not sit back and watch their pretty football. rover.gif

He was a very unhappy man for most of the match. His side-kicks were cosying up to the fourth official too.

Our players went over to them to shake hands after the match and they didn't want to know.

Still, they got soundly booed on their way out, Duffer in the middle of them.

Sooner or later someone will give them a seeing to. I just wish it had been us.

I think they've just topped Man Ure in my hate list............. mad.gif

By the way, what think you of their kit? Looked like something out of the rag bag!

Does this Mouron live in the real world? I mean Drogba, a player who wasn't even playing last night, cost more than our whole squad put together. What does he expect us to do, play a nice open game pass the ball around and get 3 or 4-0. No sorry plonker, we are in a relegation fight and we're gonna fight you posh west London prats till the 93rd minute. Get a grip Mouron, this is the Premiership, fighting is our way of countering £300m of chels spending in the last 5 yrs.

I thought he was arrogant when he made those comments about us and Fulham, when he said that they would have beaten us 4-0 if fulham had played the way they did against us as they did in the worthy cup 1/4 final and i was proved right. Chels are heading up my hate list!!

Frankly there were times last night when we did pass them off the pitch. You don't have 53% possession if all you are doing is kicking the opposition or lumping it - a little fact seemingly lost on Mr Mourinho. And I'm sorry, but real champions deal with each and every style thrown at them.

Still, Chelsea should enjoy him while they have him - I can see Madrid coming in for him sooner or later

Football myopia.

If Chelsea had come to Ewood and Gudjohnson had niggled away like Dickov did, Emerton injured by a tackle early on and Tiago committed innumerable fouls without getting a card like Savage did - we'd all be complaining about dirty Chelsea.

Frankly, I prefer hearing Mourinho criticise us than the patronizing and meaningless praise that you sometimes hear him spewing after they've just won with ease.

Edited by rover6

What a load of toss.

Olly Holt used to write for The Times, now he writes for that quality highbrow red top The Mirror.

Says it all.

mad.gif

The Mirror is vehemently anti-United (look at the emotive language in the 'report'). One should expect such hysteria after Chelsea mainatined their massive lead.

Edited by Rovermatt

I've read the quotes and have to say i was not very impressed at all.

Then i watched his bbc interview, and i have to say it seemed to come across a different way. In fact he even went so far as to say that if we continued to play like that at ewood we coudl challange for a place in the uefa.

so really i am not so sure, he also said that at that time he likes to be with his players and of course when he saw mark hughes when leaving ewood he would shake his hand.

I really cant decide if i like him or not, i mean he manages chelsea, obviously he is gonna give more of a d*m about his own players than ours, and like all good managers he protects his own, you only have to look at sparky trying to tell the press that we are not a dirty side to realise how far managers bend the truth to suit there own teams.

lets face it, under sparky we have started to play in what jose' described as with a "Special Attitude".

you could see after the game on the bbc interview that whilst he didnt like that special way on his players, he respecited the tanacity. hence the respect he showed us about where we could eventually end up (euro place) if we played as well as that fom now till the end.

I also liked his attitude as the injury of roben, he just said, "its football, i cant cry about it, we just have to get on with it" (words to that effect).

some times i reckon he speaks without thinking , but hey most loveable charicters do.

i think i like him... i know it dont fit with my blue and white tinted glasses, but hey, least he is honest and shows respect when its due.

Rich.

I didn't think much of him before, but now I see that he's a complete arogant prick. He came to "play football" huh ? He also came with a squad worth hundreds of millions and with an 8 point lead at the top of the premiership. He obviously does not have a clue what a relegation battle means.

(Izzitnot)

regardless of his personality he has won more things in 2 seasons than arsenal and chelsea have won in 5 years

he is a top class manager and you should respect him for it

Are you still here?

Edited by Radagast

What a load of toss.

Olly Holt used to write for The Times, now he writes for that quality highbrow red top The Mirror.

Says it all.

mad.gif

It's Mourinho criticising Rovers, not Oliver Holt.

It was Holt picking the Mourinho quotes to use and Holt using the emotive language to suggest that Chelsea were like heroes emerging from the haze of battle after facing the onslaught of a thousand savages.

See, I can do it too.. any chance of a job at the Mirror? thumbs-up.gif

regardless of his personality he has won more things in 2 seasons than arsenal and chelsea have won in 5 years

We do, just think he is arrogant with it.

We don't your tosspot of a disloyal manager tongue.gif

(Izzitnot)

Are you still here?

You would have to guess that either

a ) he is really a closet rovers fan

or

b ) Birmingham have so few fans computer literate enough to mange their own forum that he has to find another.

Edited by streakyb

What a load of toss.

Says it all.

mad.gif

It's Mourinho criticising Rovers, not Oliver Holt.

It was Holt picking the Mourinho quotes to use and Holt using the emotive language to suggest that Chelsea were like heroes emerging from the haze of battle after facing the onslaught of a thousand savages.

See, I can do it too.. any chance of a job at the Mirror? thumbs-up.gif

"There was, however, a measure of consolation for [Alex] Ferguson who must have been pleased to see how his protege Mark Hughes sent his team at Chelsea like a pack of mad dogs."

Ah, there we go, Rovers are just operating for Manchester United's benefit. Tabloid scum. dry.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.