Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Why Fergie Quit Rovers

Guest Kamy100

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Infamous Glasgow Rangers

1. If the Glasgow Rangers ever win the Coronation Cup - they will be the 2nd Scottish club ever to do so.

2. If they ever beat their deadliest rivals 7-1 in a major domestic cup final - they will be the 2nd Scottish club ever to do so.

3. If they ever reach the European Cup Semi-Final 4 times - they will be the 2nd Scottish club ever to do so.

4. If they ever win every competition they enter in one season - they will be the 2nd Scottish club ever to do so.

5. If they ever reach the European Cup Final - - they will be the 2nd Scottish club ever to do so.

6. If they ever reach the European Cup Final with eleven home bred Scots - they will be the 2nd Scottish club ever to do so.

7. If they ever reach the European Cup Final twice - they will be the 2nd Scottish club ever to do so.

8. If they ever WIN the European Cup - they will be the 2nd Scottish club ever to do so.

9. Having won 9-in-a-row - it must be a great feeling to know that for the NINTH TIME IN A ROW - you are

And always will be

2nd

362943[/snapback]

51&counting you mug. We are the most succesful club side in the world and thats nothing you can change. Your obviously showing your "patriotic" colours when your flying your flag of St. George and biiging up them scum from Bridgeton

Why don't you take your petty little arguments away with you into your silly little mini league. Us big boys in the English Premiership have better things to do than listen to your farcical claims of being big clubs.

Rangers and Celtic are simply two football clubs in Scotland that happen to be much bigger than the rest of their competitors. Incidentally these two clubs happen to be in the same city therfore their support is divided between Catholics and Protestants. End of story as far as I'm concerned, they are in no way comparable to clubs in proper leagues.

I was talking to Dick Advocaat this week and asked him about rumours that he had applied for the Blackburn job a year ago.

He said that some former Rangers players were telling the club how good he was and that he'd be great for Rovers.

"Tugay, Amoruso were telling Blackburn about me" he said, "and the other fellow - midfielder -what's his name?"

"Ferguson?" I said helpfully.

"Yes- that's it. Ferguson - especially him."

Rangers and Celtic fans are quite easily the most stupid in the world. That comes down to the hardcore's football beliefs AND the religious divide only absolute cretins could create in a 21st century MEDC.

And that is fully intended to ###### any of you Glaswegians off, as I think your all selfish midless tossers.

Edited by shillito15

And that is fully intended to ###### any of you Glaswegians off, as I think your all selfish midless tossers.

363105[/snapback]

That's not totally fair...they are not all midless. In fact, most of them had big wobbly beer bellies last time I went. blink.gif

...and that was just the women!

Edited by FourLaneBlue

On this board we're not supposed to insult other fans, but you're easily the thickest bunch or bigoted idiots it's ever been my displeasure to come up against.

I don't give a flying clumsy, fu*k!! about religion. (Nor, I suspect do about 60 to 70% of either team's support) In fact the only good religion's a dead religion, and that especially goes for hardcore believers.

What you can't seem to get is that Celtic and Rangers fans are, in the main, exactly the same as any other fans. It's just that, with very few exceptions, there are more of us around, and we've got more to be proud of. I'm not even particularly thinking of the league titles, but both teams have won European cups (not THE European cup in one case), as indeed have Dundee United and Aberdeen, which is quite a favourable statistic when you compare it to English clubs.

Maybe the thread should be locked. I think we can all agree that Barry Ferguson is an abject failure as a footballer and a human being (can't even be 3 hours away from his mammy), and leave it at that. He's already getting his comeuppance- much deserved- and that's really the end of it.

I wonder what makes Silly-toe 15 ( his IQ?) think he's so superior? It's certainly not anything discernable to the populace. And Four Lane Blue look at Rovers support if you want to see ugly blokes with beer bellies. (about 70% of Rovers fans fall into those categories)

Edited by Jan

On this board we're not supposed to insult other fans, but you're easily the thickest bunch or bigoted idiots it's ever been my displeasure to come up against. 

Whereas an irrational hatred and stated preference of hurt to be aimed towards someone is a rational act

I think we can all agree that Barry Ferguson is an abject failure as a footballer and a human being (can't even be 3 hours away from his mammy), and leave it at that.  He's already getting his comeuppance- much deserved- and that's really the end of it.

Nothing like taking football to seriously is there Jan, so he didnt behave appropriately at Rovers, he didnt hurt anyone, he didnt kill anyone, in fact he was in a job which he wasnt enjoying and asked to leave - only in football is that a capital crime. he left badly and in my opinion wrongly and made himself look like an arse. However to call him an abject failure as a human is an over reaction which makes YOU look bitter and petty and has something deeply missing in their life to carry on about Rangers and their players like you do.

I wonder what makes Silly-toe 15 ( his IQ?) think he's so superior?  It's certainly not anything discernable to the populace.

Whats your proof of superiority? Your continuing hatred of a football club and all those involved in it?

And Four Lane Blue look at Rovers support if you want to see ugly blokes with beer bellies.  (about 70% of Rovers fans fall into those categories)

363138[/snapback]

70%? That all?

Jan, you come on here and bang on about Rangers, Ferguson and Souness more than you do about Rovers and Celtic put together.

Burnley, our rivals, barely get a mention on this mb compared to your constant tirade of abuse against all things Rangers,your rivals.

Starting a thread about Souness being on tv!?! Big deal. Think about it.

really

Having lived in Ibrox for a while and being a veteran of 23 old firm games I fail to see where this argument ever gets.

For the fans of the two clubs its okay, for everyine else its boring tittle tattle.

Who really gives a monkey who is the biggest club, who has the most fans, who has most titles in a mickey mouse league or who has the biggest ground ?

I have enjoyed drinks with celtic fans and rangers alike, they are no different than the rest of us with one simple exception - R E L I G I O N.

Take that out and its akin to bumley v Rovers, Leeds v Sheff U or manure v city or even stoke v port vale.

fergie has gone back to his little world where he thought it was better. Today he must realise that life in Jockland is not all that much better.

This year they win faf all ohmy.gif

really

Having lived in Ibrox for a while and being a veteran of 23 old firm games I fail to see where this argument ever gets.

For the fans of the two clubs its okay, for everyine else its boring tittle tattle.

Who really gives a monkey who is the biggest club, who has the most fans, who has most titles in a mickey mouse league or who has the biggest ground ?

I have enjoyed drinks with celtic fans and rangers alike, they are no different than the rest of us with one simple exception - R E L I G I O N.

Take that out and its akin to bumley v Rovers, Leeds v Sheff U or manure v city or even stoke v port vale.

fergie has gone back to his little world where he thought it was better. Today he must realise that life in Jockland is not all that much better.

This year they win faf all ohmy.gif

363195[/snapback]

I agree. Take the religion factor out of the derby in Glasgow and I fail to see how it can compare to a Rovers/Bumley derby, a Rovers/Wankies derby or even a Rovers/NobEnd derby. The fact that we rarely play these clubs (exclude Bolton in the past few seasons) only intensifies our derbies.

Jan - you seem very bitter, maybe it's bordering on jealousy? I find it hard to acknowledge the views of a football fan regarding derbies, when they claim to support two clubs (albeit in different leagues). How can you appreciate what it feels like to support a club to the hilt no matter who they are playing and how they are doing? Who do you support if Rovers play Celtic? Do you support Celtic more than Rovers if they win the SPL, and did you support Rovers more when we won THE Prem in '95?

Please tell me because I really cannot fathom the logic of a split loyalty football fan.

look at Rovers support if you want to see ugly blokes with beer bellies. (about 70% of Rovers fans fall into those categories)

I`m just glad i`m one of the other 30% dry.gif

And Four Lane Blue look at Rovers support if you want to see ugly blokes with beer bellies.  (about 70% of Rovers fans fall into those categories)

363138[/snapback]

It was only a throwaway joke based on shilito misspelling a word/a typo ('midless' instead of 'mindless')...I didn't mean it! biggrin.gif

PS - There are lots of gorgeous Glasgow girls! Happy now? tongue.gif

What you can't seem to get is that Celtic and Rangers fans are, in the main, exactly the same as any other fans.  It's just that, with very few exceptions, there are more of us around, and we've got more to be proud of.  I'm not even particularly thinking of the league titles, but both teams have won European cups (not THE European cup in one case), as indeed have Dundee United and Aberdeen, which is quite a favourable statistic when you compare it to English clubs. 

The response was due to ulster rover claiming that Rangers were the most successful club in the world, which is plainly rubbish. While not wishing to belittle the achievements of the Old Firm that is obviously a ludicrous statement. Sure Scotland have a decent record in European competition, although Dundee United haven't won a European trophy as you suggested. Couple of great campaigns in the eighties though.

As for "we've got more to be proud of" taunt...grow up will you? Each football supporter has as much to be proud of their club as any other...if it's just the silverware that makes you proud then you are no better than any glory supporter. A committed Rochdale fan has as much to be proud of as any big club supporter.

Regarding the religion/sectarian issue; it's only been mentioned by a few posters so it certainly isn't an overall view. While I'm not Glaswegian I am also bored of hearing it brought up on every occasion Celtic or Rangers are mentioned so I can understand why you are so irritated by it. It wasn't helped however by Ferguson himself who brought the issue of his own experience of it into the public domain via his interviews upon arriving at Ewood Park.

Agree about Ferguson getting his comeuppance...happy days! Hopefully the Hearts-Hibs challenge can leave Rangers languishing in fourth for a while to come.

Edited by FourLaneBlue

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.