BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Why Fergie Quit Rovers

Guest Kamy100

That article was before Cally Thistle earned a routine draw at Ibrox.

Looking at their fixture list, they'll be the best part of 20 points off the SPL Championship race and out of Europe by the start of December.

What a shame...

At least Zura won't want to go back.

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crikey if Fergie thinks the Rangers - Celtic derby is the be all and end all in footy then he needs to take a rain check on his football career.

Kinda says what the Scottish league is all about. 4 crappy games of Celtic vs rangers. Woo Hoo!!!!

Lets face it fergie was never going to fit in at rovers when he is living in a suitcase while his family is in scotland.

Lets face it fergie was never going to fit in at rovers when he is living in a suitcase while his family is in scotland.

357660[/snapback]

Lets face it his entire transfer to us was a crooked scam right from the beginning. If he suffered a career threatening injury I'd be down the local celebrating.

Crikey if Fergie thinks the Rangers - Celtic derby is the be all and end all in footy then he needs to take a rain check on his football career. 

Kinda says what the Scottish league is all about.  4 crappy games of Celtic vs rangers.  Woo Hoo!!!!

357660[/snapback]

I was thinking that midweek. We had a visit to Chelsea coming up and it flashed up on the radio he 'd scored the opening goal away at a particularly exotic location.

Livingstone I think it was

With all Rangers problems at the moment, they`ll still finish 2nd in the league, cos it`s all going t1ts up at Hearts who are in grave danger of beocoming a laughing stock. Celtic will win a very poor league by quite some way this year....in my view.

I think so. Celtic aren't playing the stunning stuff I've seen in the past, but it's still been enough to wallop most other teams. When Hearts have won it's usually been by one goal or so, which is why Celtic have gone top.

Rangers seem to have lost the plot. I'd watch out for Hibs, who are quietly and steadily plugging away in third at the moment.

Perhaps it's not all roses having a Russian Billionaire in charge!!

Oh and about Fergie, the thenodrog got it 100% right.

• 2 weeks later...

Eck was lucky last season - Rangers didn't deserve to win the title and just about stumbled over the finishing line with a massive push from Terry Butcher and Co. I can't see him staying at the helm for too much longer, the side look clueless in defence, and toothless up front. The only player earning his crust at the moment is Ferguson - he's been head and shoulders above everyone else all season.

Its a shame to hear the same old criticisms being aimed at Scottish football, people are too resistant to change. If anything, the Premiership is more predictable than the SPL at the moment. If you want a testament to a rising standard in Scottish football, look no further than the goal scored by Shaun Maloney last night - you'd be looking a long time to find a better strike, no matter what league you're watching.

The best thing that could happen in Sconny Botland would be for another team (i.e Hearts/ Hibs) to win the SPL. It`s been too predictable for years. The last team to have won the SPL (apart from the Old Firm) was back in 1985, when Alex Ferguson`s Aberdeen won it. The Old Firm are choking the life out of Scottish football.

Here`s a list of the last 21 SPL season winners....(the last time someone else won it!)

1985: Aberdeen

1986: Celtic Glasgow

1987: Rangers

1988: Celtic Glasgow

1989: Rangers

1990: Rangers

1991: Rangers

1992: Rangers

1993: Rangers

1994: Rangers

1995: Rangers

1996: Rangers

1997: Rangers

1998: Celtic Glasgow

1999: Rangers

2000: Rangers

2001: Celtic Glasgow

2002: Celtic Glasgow

2003: Rangers

2004: Celtic Glasgow

2005: Rangers

Boring Boring Boring

sleep.gif

Don't think many would have predicted the overall look of the EPL would be how it is now after a third of the season.

359750[/snapback]

Perhaps not, but then how many people could predict the mid to lower table of the SPL? Not very many. How many would have predicted that the top 2 would turn into the top 4, and that Hearts AND Hibs would be above Rangers? How many people would've predicted Chelsea would be running away with the Premiership already? Most of us, I'd say.

Before people start missing the point and debating the wrong issue, let me just clarify - I'm not comparing the standard of the two leagues. I accept that would be foolish as I think most level headed people would. However, to claim the SPL is too predictable would also be foolish - particularly given the current status of English league football.

I don't know the Scottish league that well but wouldn't Hearts have been one of the favourites to finish 3rd usually? While Hibs generally do quite well too don't they?

Both leagues are pretty predictable when it comes to who will win. In Scotland it is one from two and in England it is 1 from 3. Considering that Scotland has fewer teams that basically makes it about the same. Having said that, basically every league in Europe suffers from the same problem, it is the nature of the money-run football. Every now and then you'll see a surprise but basically each team stays within their tier and will simply shift positions within there.

After the first few games this season, I wouldn't. I really thought the bhoys would struggle. I should have had more faith. Strachan has rally got the SCOTTISH youngsters (Beattie, McManus and Maloney amongst others) playing well. (I emphasisied Scottish because so many times I read about the team not containing any Scots. There are a fair few- plus a couple of "Irish" boys- McGeady springs to mind- coming through from the ranks now.)

There are certainly more slips to come, but this hasn't been a bad week so far.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.