BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Semi Final

doowe

Hardly their fault that engineering work that had probably been planned for a year or so, is clashing with the FA Cup Semis.

There is one organisation

and thats the FA for not checking that the trains would be running between Bristol and Cardiff

But hey lets have the semi's in Cardiff - great idea guys, great idea.

So now MORE people will be having to use the roads - more chance of accidents and more chance of deaths. But will it be the FA's fault? hell no, how stupid of the fans to travel by car and not get a train. Oh wait......

I would suggest that people aim to get to Cardiff by road as soon as early as possible, this has the large possibility of being the biggest footballing SNAFU since Ken Bates was allowed in charge of the New Wembley Stadium.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flopsy, Im not saying it is their fault.

Im saying they dont actually know between them that there is engineerign work.

One company says there is

One company says there isnt

The Information on the website is unclear and out of date

National Rail Enquriies dont appear to know.....

As the FA took the decision to force the clubs to play at 12.15, do they take the responsibility for the extra accidents caused by forcing supporters to

a) use the roads ( various rail engineering works that are closing Bristol/Cardiff & the West Coast main line) ,

& cool.gif setting off at 5am to try and beat the resulting traffic jams.

Strikes me as far more important than a few extra pub brawls!

Just checked with the team running the engineering works. The line between Bristol and Newport is closed, buses are being used as replacements. Possesions suchas this are put in place 40weeks in advance and become public knowledge 12 weeks before a possesion comes into force. Therefore the FA has had since January to realise that the train services were going to be compromised and therefore fans would be having no end of trouble getting from Bristol to Cardiff. Not wishing to sound unmoderator like (Persih the thought) but what a load of ###### incompetent @#/?s at Soho Square. I mean really who the (Please don't use that word again) is organising these things. Dear god and they're in charge of the grass roots of football. They couldnt organise a ###### up in a brewery

Anyone interesting in joining a bus service from Bristol direct to the Mill Stad?

Ive got a quote for a 49 seater - if we fill it it will be less than a tenner each, leaving Bristol at approx 9.30 (to arrive in Cardiff by 1030) and leaving Cardiff at 4pm (to arrive back at 5).

PM me if you are interested with details of how many seats you would want, and Ill confirm early next week if its do-able....

Exact pick up point to be confirmed.....

EDIT - Just to confirm that I just need an idea of whetehr youd be interested, Ill be asking for full payment about a fortnight before the game so I dont lose money!

Pick up likely to be Temple Mead Railway Station or thereabouts. Cost will be total hire cost divided by number of people.

Edited by stuwilky

I know it is something Arriva have thought about, but I don't know the outcome, I'll try to find out when people are available to ask.

Update: No further news, Arriva are still talking with Barbara Magee about the possibility.

Obviously if they want silly money, then it won't happen.

Edited by Lee

What a load of Bo*****s mad.gif

Anyway, i've no need to worry about getting from Bristol to Cardiff as i've got a wedding to attend Friday. Looks like it's the coach at 5am after all day on the ale, well one has to be sociable tongue.gif , which should be a enjoyable experience sad.gifblink.gif

Think they should change the name to the FU(p) cup

My email to the FA

Dear Sir,

I have previously written to you to voice my concerns about the FA Cup Semi Finals being held at Cardiff, I had concerns with the logistics and the cost of fans travelling to Cardiff and the problems of fans getting home afterwards. As a Blackburn fan I have to now get to Cardiff for 12.30 kickoff on Saturday 16th April. Although not happy with the games being held in Cardiff I have organised accommodation in Bristol on the Friday and Saturday night, so that I wouldn’t have to put anymore pressure on the gridlock that ensues after any big game held at Cardiff, I intend to take the train from Bristol to Cardiff.

Imagine my surprise when attempting to book my tickets that there is engineering works on the rail line between Bristol and Newport which means that rail replacement buses are being employed. So that now means that any Blackburn or Arsenal fans trying to get to Cardiff by train will have to change at Bristol to get on buses to travel to Newport to get back on trains to get to Cardiff – all by 12.30. Not the FA’s fault I would have thought, however further investigation found out that possessions of Railway lines for engineering works are implemented 40 weeks in advance, and are made public 12 weeks before possessions take place. Therefore you at the FA have had since February to work out that Train travel was going to be a nightmare. I also have a feeling that if you had checked any travel details you would have found this out.

It is quite obvious that you as an organisation have failed to do this. This raises the question about what you actually have done to organise these games? Once dates and the venue was chosen – the venue being in the wrong place, I may add – Why wasn’t someone in your organisation checking the travel arrangements – ie whether or not there are railway engineering works planned on the main line into Cardiff, that say road works were planned for the M4. Do you have no Logistics staff employed at the FA? Or a consultant you bring in to organise these things? Or do you just hire the venue aiming to make the most money possible out of the long suffering fans who are seemingly taken for mugs by the authorities.

By the look of the organisational shambles so far for the semis – 4 lots of fans in one city over a weekend !!! I ask you – I am seriously worried that you at the FA would have difficulty organising a raffle, let alone the national team and god help us, protecting and improving the grass roots of football.

I am sure the semis will go without a hitch, and this will be due to the ingenuity, initiative, passion and intelligence of the four sets of fans, the Cardiff police and the Millenium Stadium staff and not due in any way to the FA which it appears to me has made a right royal mess of this affair.

I am sure that a lot of good work and staff are involved in these events, however it really really doesn’t appear so from the people who are having to make the journey, shell out £40 for a ticket and find accommodation.

Yours faithfully

[Name Removed]

(a Blackburn Fan)

So as the problems are between bristol and cardiff you could stay in a few places. Newport is obviously one option, Cymbran, Pontypool, Abergavenny and Hereford are all on the same line so wouldnt have to go through Bristol.

rover.gif just booked £70 a room THE CATHEDRAL HOTEL,room left

029 2023 6511 tinykit.gif

For an extra £30 you could have stayed in the best western with sauna Jacuzzi and all the trimmings ph34r.giflaugh.gif

So as the problems are between bristol and cardiff you could stay in a few places. Newport is obviously one option, Cymbran, Pontypool, Abergavenny and Hereford are all on the same line so wouldnt have to go through Bristol.

Yes but not to the point that most of these places are mostly fully booked up in terms of accommodation, and would increase the demand even moreso on transport etc required causing more congestion.

Remember its not just Flopsy in this position.

Yes but not to the point that most of these places are mostly fully booked up in terms of accommodation, and would increase the demand even moreso on transport etc required causing more congestion.

Remember its not just Flopsy in this position.

Can people keep there knickers out of a twist about getting from Bristol to Cardiff it can't be that difficult to get there on the train. If there are works on the train line betwen Brsitol and Cardiff, the train companies will be putting replacement buses on, and it will take a little bit longer than usaul so people will have to get out of their pit a bit earlier!!! I ain't gonna let the rail companies make me miss the game, and besides if you cant get to Cardiff from Bristol on the train or rail replacement buses there are planty of sheep to get a ride off to Cardiff since Wales and the west country is full of them!!! ph34r.gif

it can't be that difficult to get there on the train. If there are works on the train line betwen Brsitol and Cardiff,

the train companies will be putting replacement buses on, and it will take a little bit longer than usaul

a) It will be impossible to get their on the train on the Saturday.

cool.gif A LITTLE longer, I doubt that very much, the replacement buses never run at the same times as the trains they replace, and they too will be caught up in the traffic trying to get over the Severn Bridge. PLUS they will stop at all stations to cardiff on the way. Forget that one.

it can't be that difficult to get there on the train. If there are works on the train line betwen Brsitol and Cardiff,

the train companies will be putting replacement buses on, and it will take a little bit longer than usaul

cool.gif A LITTLE longer, I doubt that very much, the replacement buses never run at the same times as the trains they replace, and they too will be caught up in the traffic trying to get over the Severn Bridge. PLUS they will stop at all stations to cardiff on the way. Forget that one.

ph34r.gif On the national rail map there are two lines from Bristol to Cardiff. the line from Bristol Temple Meads to Cardiff is rail replacement buses, and the line from Bristol Parkway to Cardiff is trains!!! So chill

ph34r.gif On the national rail map there are two lines from Bristol to Cardiff. the line from Bristol Temple Meads to Cardiff is rail replacement buses, and the line from Bristol Parkway to Cardiff is trains!!! So chill

No the info pages on the web havnt been updated.

Both stations are affected and have no trains to Cardiff all weekend.

Who was the lad who was going to leave Blackburn at 7am on the morning of the game, and arrive by train at Cardiff 30 mins before the game started?

Oh dear oh dear!

laugh.gif

Thats ben, roversismylife.

Hes fine, his train comes down into Cardiff, not across from Bristol!