BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Lucas Neill

I think he now deserves to be boo-ed mainly because he's trying to justify going for the money by saying:

A) West Ham 'wanted him more'

- Rovers made it clear they wanted him to stay - WE MADE HIM CAPTAIN!!

B ) He's more likely to get 1st team football

- He gets that at Rovers, at a higher standard.

So thats why he deserves to be booed!

Edited by OJRovers

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you are on the topic of past players being booed.

I was disgusted that Alan Shearer was booed by quite a large minority when we defeated Newcastle 5-2 that day and also when Shearer went on to score his 300th and 301st career goals that day. After all he done for us, I was really disappointed by this.

i take it you weren't there on his 1st return (boxing day '96), the atmosphere was 'white-hot that' day.

as every 'shearer visit' went by, the number booing decreased. the 5-2 game atmosphere wasnt very hostile (large majority rovers fans, applauded as his goals went in!)

back to lucas, he was 'only' paid #18,000 ish at rovers, and he'll have seen players like cole, yorke, ferguson, amo and a few others getting paid far more than he was at the time - and also far more than was offered to him to re-sign.

blake, dailly, mcateer, carsley, ward were all on more money than lucas was at rovers. another sobering thought.

i didnt take part in the lucas songs, at city, but - to say i was in the minority- is putting it mildly.

*we also had a couple of 'burberry clad' scroatums who thought it hilairious to sing: '' 1 jade goody" at a couple of asian city supporters, in earshot of asian rovers fans, on leaving the stadium. :rolleyes:

Edited by pleasure

i take it you weren't there on his 1st return (boxing day '96), the atmosphere was 'white-hot that' day.

as every 'shearer visit' went by, the number booing decreased. the 5-2 game atmosphere wasnt very hostile (large majority rovers fans, applauded as his goals went in!)

back to lucas, he was 'only' paid #18,000 ish at rovers, and he'll have seen players like cole, yorke, ferguson, amo and a few others getting paid far more than he was at the time - and also far more than was offered to him to re-sign.

blake, dailly, mcateer, carsley, ward were all on more money than lucas was at rovers. another sobering thought.

i didnt take part in the lucas songs, at city, but - to say i was in the minority- is putting it mildly.

*we also had a couple of 'burberry clad' scroatums who thought it hilairious to sing: '' 1 jade goody" at a couple of asian city supporters, in earshot of asian rovers fans, on leaving the stadium. :rolleyes:

Dont understand why that comment was added to this particular post unless you are equating racists with people who dont like Lucas Neill :angry:

I enjoyed the Lucash songs TBH, Just like I enjoyed the many songs @ City, Tony Parkes was one of the other memorable ones.

A lot of my work mates here in Manchester are obviously City fans, they also enjoyed our songs on Saturday, they reminded me that we also sung "You put your transfer in, your transfer out..." to Joey "England Legend" Barton last time out also...

Pleasures right about comparisons, the amounts some of the total wasters in that list were on was disgraceful, however, water under the bridge and all that, talking of which, Lucash should just disappear down the effluent pipe like the hefty mersey carp he really is...

The dingles in disguise are welcome to him.

Edited by daveoftherovers

Dont understand why that comment was added to this particular post unless you are equating racists with people who dont like Lucas Neill :angry:

i wasnt equating racists - neill haters. just added it at the end of the 'lucas chants' comments, and was pointing out that this scum, arent doing the club or blackburn as a town any favours. theyre getting worse as the weeks go on.

they say football has priced out the working -class,-but the under-class are still managing to afford it.

probably deserves it's own thread.

i wasnt equating racists - neill haters. just added it at the end of the 'lucas chants' comments, and was pointing out that this scum, arent doing the club or blackburn as a town any favours. theyre getting worse as the weeks go on.

they say football has priced out the working -class,-but the under-class are still managing to afford it.

probably deserves it's own thread.

Fair 'nuff!

Mike, in defence of pleasure it was clearly an "Addendum" to his post, I've re read it a few times and you have to take a left at the lights to read it as you did.

As for the addendum itself, I actually agree with him, there are a couple of muppets on the road with us that aren't doing us any favours, it needs a few of us to put them in the rembrandt next time, I'm up for it if you are.

Are they home fans also, if so where do they sit, anyone know who they are?

Mike, in defence of pleasure it was clearly an "Addendum" to his post, I've re read it a few times and you have to take a left at the lights to read it as you did.

As for the addendum itself, I actually agree with him, there are a couple of muppets on the road with us that aren't doing us any favours, it needs a few of us to put them in the rembrandt next time, I'm up for it if you are.

Are they home fans also, if so where do they sit, anyone know who they are?

I almost certainly know the ones you mean. The same ones that were singing homophobic songs at the Reading goalie. I suggest taking their picture and trying to get the club to act, although that's probably safer for me than you! If they're at Watford tomorrow and we're not told to "sit wherever we like" then I'm sure I'll need to take their photos for something!

The fee for Warnock should be between £1.2 and £1.5m, ewoodblue.

Thanks for that.

I've got Sky Sports news on, waiting for a news flash.Before we played Liverpool on Boxing Day, all this with Lucash going, and Ooijer injured, would of been a disaster, but with the breathing space Rovers have given themselfs, it's nowhere near as bad now.

Great news Gally and young Derbyshire signing new contracts till 2010.Derbyshire as been superb, i know he's still inexperienced, but doesn't he commit himself well.Always nice to see a player who can create problems in the opposition box.He's got 3 goals in 4 games, and was unlucky against Arsenal,so you can't argue with that.

I'm really chuffed for lad.

Paul Konchesky and Anton Ferdinand to sign for Newcastle before deadline day depending on Lucas Neill and MAtthew Upson signing for The Hammers, Upson for 6m & Neil for 5m. Newcastle signing both for 8m combined.

Jason Simpson - Newcastle

from sky sports your view, this guys seems to think we are getting %million for Neil would love that1 2 be true.

I almost certainly know the ones you mean. The same ones that were singing homophobic songs at the Reading goalie. I suggest taking their picture and trying to get the club to act, although that's probably safer for me than you! If they're at Watford tomorrow and we're not told to "sit wherever we like" then I'm sure I'll need to take their photos for something!

That's a damned good idea Jan. Put their photo's up on here as well, then we can all see what they look like, and whoever wants to can tell them what they think of them.

Living down on the south coast Rovers fans are a little thin on the ground down here. One plus side of this is it is easy to get a non biased view of certain situations. Most people round here support Southampton, Pompey or Reading (you may question what they actually know about football :D ).

Anyway, the general view seems to leave Lucas as nothing short of a laughing stock! On chatting with a colleague this morning, he said (with no provocation from me) "See that Lucas Neil has gone to West Ham then, he must need his head examining, hes just after the money the greedy *******. Who in their right mind would leave Blackburn to join West Ham, still you'll be able to see him play down at St Mary's next season when West Ham get relegated"

Supposedly 60K a week I said, thats what they've offered him, to which he replied "if he's happy to play in the Champsionship just so he can earn 60K a week the guy doesn't deserve to be a footballer, he won't last two minutes in this league." Hmm I thought, you've obviously never seen him play, he'll be ideally suited to the full contact wrestling of the Champsionship - hauling attackers to the ground in a half nelson is his trademark

:D

Hmm I thought, you've obviously never seen him play, he'll be ideally suited to the full contact wrestling of the Champsionship - hauling attackers to the ground in a half nelson is his trademark

:D

Probally why hes gone :D

Got this image on Shefki falling and crushing him next year.

Who's Jade Goody??

Who's Jade Goody??

Go to the BBC news pages and just look for stories on Big Brother. It she has caused a big fuss on it due to her comments. Dont want to really see it debated here though so keeping this short.

Probally why hes gone :D

Got this image on Shefki falling and crushing him next year.

Hmmmm....... I know what you mean, but unfortunately if they DO clash I see the opposite outcome. Shefki is too much of a gentleman, and it will probably finish up with Lucas breaking Shefki's leg!

there's a guy who plays for wigan called ryan taylor. i used to watch him a couple of years ago week in week out when he was at tranmere and he was awesome, although it was in league one. he doesn't seem to be in the first team picture at wigan right now so i don't know what has happenned to him but i think he could really do it at prem level, and he must still be pretty young, maybe 22 or 23. sign him up i say.

Well all those who defended Lucas Neill in many cases attacking your fellow supporters to do so - how do you feel now?

Berates the home fans, throws the capataincy back at Hughes and tells him "you didn't want me enough!"

Oh and its not about the money West Ham are a much better prospect (than L/pool and Rovers) apperantly so you can forget that "wouldn't you move for the money line...."

But I guess he's still a model professional, someone we should all look up to?

One word: Vindicated.

Well all those who defended Lucas Neill in many cases attacking your fellow supporters to do so - how do you feel now?

Berates the home fans, throws the capataincy back at Hughes and tells him "you didn't want me enough!"

Oh and its not about the money West Ham are a much better prospect (than L/pool and Rovers) apperantly so you can forget that "wouldn't you move for the money line...."

But I guess he's still a model professional, someone we should all look up to?

One word: Vindicated.

I thank you Mr Raven. Perhaps the Neill Evangelists will now take a long hard look at themselves.

Unless i have missed a statement from Lucash then i don't think he has thrown the captaincy back at hughes nor said anything out of turn about the fans.

The fans boo'ed him for not signing a deal which is fair enough, but he said it brings down the rest of the team so don't. Hughes tried to get him to stay and giving him the captaincy was never going to do that, so maybe a mistake by hughes there. His intentions had always been made clear after we wouldn't give him £45k a week.

Personally i would have liked him to stay but only had he signed a new deal and he wasn't going to do that, so best of luck with West Ham in the championship and it's a good deal for us.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.