• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"the club blew me away"

"his plans blew me away"

"the shopping list of players blew me away"

Just who are you trying to kid Lucash ?

Should wham sink down to the championship, those plans and shopping lists will be immaterial because you will have sold your soul once again with your get out clause, now kindly leave us alone and please play your usual self at Ewood Park when you return.

M U P P E T :o

I allways liked the lad, though he was a model professional. He has just shown his true colours, money grabbing git. Hope Wham go down taking Lucash with them. He will probably have a get out clause but I hope no one buys him.

Bye Bye Mr Niell and good riddance

Bitter? Surely, but nevertheless, I wonder where were AC Milan's and Barcelona's who Harrison(?) leaked to be battling for his signature since summer? ;)

Obviously it's impossible to know what Lucas actually is thinking, but somehow the quotes of it not being about the money seem absurd - we would've offered 40k, Liverpool probably 30k and Hammers apparently 60k. The quote "I might've not gotten a game if I would've joined Liverpool" doesn't really sound like an ambitious player - if he really would've wanted to achieve trophies and play CL, I would imagine taking the RB position from Finnan at Liverpool wouldn't feel like mission impossible.

And on the "blew me away" quotes, blah. So, the Icelander has thrown some Tottenham-alike names at him and suddenly he sees Hammers to be a more prominent club than Liverpool? The likes of Quashie and Davenport have blown him away? Undoubtedly Hammers will splash more cash before end of the window and should they stay up, in the summer, but I can't imagine them signing anyone blowing anyone away.

Even thou Lucas has been a good servant and surely I would've liked to see him sign a new deal, part of me looks forward of summer interview with Lucas after Hammers have been relegated, the Icelanders have left and the earmarked signings of Danny Cadamarteri and Frank Sinclair have been unveiled.

it reeks of desperation to me.. he wouldn't take £30k at liverpool because "he wasn't guaranteed a first team place" - if that's true he is utterly deluded

I'd suggest he's moving to west ham seems to be because he's made his bed and no-one else is interested.

how moving from a team in the top half of the premiership (well, fingers crossed, we will be in an hour) to a team in the bottom 3 is a "sideways move" is beyond me..

Lucas is only in it for the money and he should have joined a big club like Liverpool.

Should Shearer, Sutton, Ripley, Flowers, Hendry, Sherwood et al signed for big clubs instead of signing for a smaller club who paid good wages?

Obviously they were just mercaneries with no 'ambition'.

Answers on a post card please...

Well, how many of us would say no to another company willing to more than double our wages? Yes we all are slating him cause he is only moving for more money, which is a shame. His excuse about Liverpool is a joke because no club GUARANTEES first-team football. Liverpool made a take it or leave it offer, well big clubs dont have to rub you too, their name is advertisement enough. Anyways, Im glad this saga is coming to an end. I honestly would have missed him more if he had moved to a bigger club cause of ambition, but with the way things have turned out, I will not be shedding any tears for him.

Good player, great servant, always committed, and the kind of guy you want on your side, but we will move on. Bigger players have left us in the past...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.