BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Lucas Neill

I guess we will see then if he is really a "diamond geezer" or just good at telling people what they want to hear. I do hope he has the good grace to not just slag a town or their fans off who helped him make him a even more well-paid player. If his issue was with the board then that is fine. I've not got much respect for Henchoz any longer due to his comments about Rovers when he left. Even less when he tried to brush it off as being misquoted.

Why not spill the beans if said anything negative? Or are you trying to mislead the posters on here by only letting us know the nice things?

He never said anything remotely negative about the fans or the area aside from the fact he mentioned no player should ever get booed as it only affects the team as a whole.

All negativity was aimed at the board.

I never asked him about MH, I wish I had now.

Edited by Brownie

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He never said anything remotely negative about the fans or the area aside from the fact he mentioned no player should ever get booed as it only affects the team as a whole.

All negativity was aimed at the board.

I never asked him about MH, I wish I had now.

OK thanks for clearing that up I didn't mean to sound like you were trying to hoodwink us. Neill has come across as a nice enough guy and I hope that remains so.

OK thanks for clearing that up I didn't mean to sound like you were trying to hoodwink us. Neill has come across as a nice enough guy and I hope that remains so.

No worries FLB, so do I now I've put my neck on the line !

Surely every player has now seen how badly down in estimation across all fans Cashley Cole has gone with his comments about his Arsenal offer - Lucas strikes me as intelligent - surely he wouldn't be daft enough!?! So I don't expect anything other than a bunch of platitudes and generalisations.

B)-->

QUOTE(Ste B @ Jan 18 2007, 18:06 ) 480588[/snapback]

acc to Sky Sports, the hammers have agreed a fee for Lauren. Perhaps the Neill deal has hit a snag ?

They might intend on playing him in the centre though, or even at left back.

The fact that Lucas has turned down the chance to re-sign for us and keep playing European football this season, as well as failing to agree a move to Liverpool and probable Champions League football, just smacks of being out to get the most amount of money possible. West Ham have plenty of cash to throw about and Lucas obviously wants a lot of it. The fact that there is supposed to be a relegation release clause, just makes his move even more transparent. I suppose he is getting the new start that he wants, but one with a club that are on their way down, just makes you wonder.

I am still not convinced this is 100% definate. Why has it not been officially announced - the best sources I can find quoted are his agent (and that doesnt say he has actually signed) and people quoting the Sun (might as well quote - well cant think of anyone more ridiculous).

How about the Beano? Nah! on second thoughts that is a far more informative and intellectual newspaper than the Sun.

Alan Brazil claimed on Talksport this morning that he had had an inside whisper that Lucash was in fact being offered much nearer 70k p.w. than the 50k previously quoted.

This predictably prompted Adrian Durham to go off on one on his late afternoon slot "Is this the day football died for you when average cloggers like Lucas Neill can earn 50 - 70kp.w?"

(Prat though he is, he does have a point)

Reaction from West Ham fans who phoned in was mixed. One or two thought they were in deep bother and had to do something and Neill was a decent enough Premiership player, one or two thought the wages for a player of that calibre were ridiculous and would simply be passed onto the fans in the form of higher ticket prices.

One guy professing to be a Blackburn fan called in and spoke sensibly about Lucash's versatility being able to play anywhere in the back four, but he wasn't worth that sort of money.

However he then went on to say how we had a lot of young lads coming up in defence and unless my ears deceived me, he referred to Gray as a young lad which made me think he either didn't attend any games or was a "plant."

Wish they'd bloody well hurry up and tie the deal up so we have time to sign his replacement.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.