BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Lucas Neill

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just don't understand that attitude. What in God's name does he owe us? He signed a contract, he honored that contract, we have made a bit of money.

It's a free country, he has not done anything wrong. I was annoyed with Bellamy because he actually lied to the support, but Lucas has been the model of professionalism. He is not Rover's property, just in the same way your employer does not own you.

I think you miss the point, I was comparing Liverpool and West Ham, what price ambition?

According to Radio Lancs earlier he will have a release clause in case of relegation......... If Rovers agree to the move as talks are/were still ongoing.

Lucas you silly boy,you should go to newcastle there should be a bus at 5 to 1.talk about over inflated wages for a over inflated ego.please go asap

it's dissapointing for many reasons that Lucas will end up at West Ham. I find it hard to comprehend that anyone (even if I am biased) would sign for West Ham instead of staying at Rovers. In many ways I would have had some respect for him going to Liverpool, at least that represented a footballing challenge - the only challenge he faces now is how his to spend £50k every week.

I had no problem with him moving to Liverpool, he'd only played for us and Millwall so he had a chance to play for one of the world's biggest and most traditional clubs in a fantastic footballing venue. It would have been great to tell his grandkids stories about Anfield and the great Steven Gerrard.

Sadly, his grandkids will have to settle for substantial shares in Werthers Originals whilst he tries to find newspaper cuttings to prove he was footballer but all Lucas will find are cuttings about leg breaking challenges and the summer he dumped his country out of the world cup with a trademark lunge.

Having said all that I like Lucas - he's a very polite guy and certainly gave his all on the pitch. In my view he had a chance to prove himself as a footballer at Liverpool but he has bottled it. Ashley Young at the age of 21 wouldn't touch West Ham - that Lucas, if you're reading, says it all.

Finally, I think it's only fair we/I thank Lucas for 4 or so good years. He hasn't been exceptional, he won't be remembered as 'a gem' or a legend. The bottom line is he did well no less, no more. His excellent world cup has earnt him his move so let's move on.

I will now be supporting two teams untill the season end - Rovers and the team playing West Ham (but I'm not bitter ;) ).

Hey Brownine, not sure if we can trust you on this one considering your recent rack record.

Eh !!??

It wasn't me making things up, he was genuinely uninterested on signing for West ham last saturday.

Obviously something has turned his head , no idea what .........................

Fair play to Neill going for the big bucks. I guess Benitez wouldn't give him an important role in the team, so Neill would rather be a regular name on the starting XI at West Ham while getting a hughe payraise.

I would have done the same thing! :rover:

Fair play to Neill going for the big bucks. I guess Benitez wouldn't give him an important role in the team, so Neill would rather be a regular name on the starting XI at West Ham while getting a hughe payraise.

I would have done the same thing! :rover:

Id have stayed at rovers

His challenge is trying to spend all his newly earned wages. He is really annoying me now, if he wanted to move to a bigger club then fair enough, but if he is playing liverpool for extra wages then that is a stupid career move. He would have fitted well on their bench.

I am sure I read somewhere a while back (last season?) that Neill intends to go back to Aus after his playing days are over and he intends to start a new and powerful football league there. Much better and bigger in World terms than the 'A' league. That will need some REAL money. So perhaps he is not just being greedy in the usual sense but is wanting to accumulate as much as he can while still playing.

Not defending; just posing a possible explanation!

lol i just cant believe he is going to west ham....they might be a bigger name than blackburn but the quality of football is dysmal. its all about the money as many have said, i could understand him going to liverpool but not west ham.....bit of a slap in the face really aint it

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.