BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Lucas Neill

Lets face it, he played well for us over the years and we should thank him for that. but obviously he thought lowley hammers would be more of a challenge. I mean with that £50k a week, how will he find his way round selfridges and Oxford road in his Baby 'I'm bigger than any club' Bentley.

Obviously he heard one obscure coach say that he could play for any club and thought F it, I will go for it and see how far a club will go to pay my extrodinary wages.

Do you think someone should tell him that he will be playing the Championship League and not The Champions League.

Edited by Welshrover1981

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Berates the home fans, throws the capataincy back at Hughes and tells him "you didn't want me enough!"

I was under the impression that that comment referred to Liverpool and West Ham, rather than us.

He'd already decided to leave us.

Go to the BBC news pages and just look for stories on Big Brother. It she has caused a big fuss on it due to her comments. Dont want to really see it debated here though so keeping this short.

If it has ANYTHING to do with big brother my interest ends here.

1 year of decent service. 4/5 of leg breaking, free kick conceding, penalty conceding, possesion conceding suspension ridden dross.

Not fair

It was two years of decent service (the 2 years his contract was coming up for renewal)

I've never known another full-back who got QUITE as many cards!

Well all those who defended Lucas Neill in many cases attacking your fellow supporters to do so - how do you feel now?

Berates the home fans, throws the capataincy back at Hughes and tells him "you didn't want me enough!"

Oh and its not about the money West Ham are a much better prospect (than L/pool and Rovers) apperantly so you can forget that "wouldn't you move for the money line...."

But I guess he's still a model professional, someone we should all look up to?

One word: Vindicated.

One word: sad.

Neill told Rovers and Rovers fans back in June that he wouldn't be signing a new contract and that he'd leave the club.

Where he's moved to and for what salary is completely irrelevant. During his time wearing a blue and white shirt - with or without the armband - he neither shirked his responsibilities on the field nor broke his contract off it.

He hasn't berated the fans, or thrown the captaincy back at Hughes, or told Rovers they didn't want him enough.

Why invent things to taint someone who's been a good player and has now gone?

Onwards and upwards for Rovers if not for Neill - but now he's gone who gives a **** if he's made a crap career choice - that's his problem not ours.

One word: sad.

Neill told Rovers and Rovers fans back in June that he wouldn't be signing a new contract and that he'd leave the club.

Where he's moved to and for what salary is completely irrelevant. During his time wearing a blue and white shirt - with or without the armband - he neither shirked his responsibilities on the field nor broke his contract off it.

He hasn't berated the fans, or thrown the captaincy back at Hughes, or told Rovers they didn't want him enough.

Why invent things to taint someone who's been a good player and has now gone?

Onwards and upwards for Rovers if not for Neill - but now he's gone who gives a **** if he's made a crap career choice - that's his problem not ours.

two words: pride, passion. Where's yours - or were you unaware at what he did towards the B/bn End during the Nancy game?

Have fun fighting relegation Lucas. It may be a good move for Lucash, as he gets £60,000 p/w for being a big player in a team that's doing rubbish, and can shove off at the end of the season if they go down. A bit like Bowyer a couple of seasons ago. I bet he'll be at Liverpool if Wham go down.

Mind you, we should put in a cheeky bid for a laugh :P:lol:

Well all those who defended Lucas Neill in many cases attacking your fellow supporters to do so - how do you feel now?

Oh and its not about the money West Ham are a much better prospect (than L/pool and Rovers) apperantly so you can forget that "wouldn't you move for the money line...."

But I guess he's still a model professional, someone we should all look up to?

One word: Vindicated.

You really must have a tiny intellect if you really believe all that shyte.

1. BRFC and Neill have both conducted their business superbly. We were not ready to let him go in summer as we had no replacement. He was contracted until next summer so we played him every game and he responded well and in a mature and responsible manner..... No histrionics, no tantrums, no training ground sh1t stirring just solid professional performances from him.

2. btw Neill IS a professional player i.e. he plays for hire or reward! And like 99% of all professionals will sign for the club that rewards him most. Can you manage to get your head around that concept Oscar? How else do you think we signed him in the first place from Millwall or has that never even crossed your mind? Now that his contract is coming to an end we have been able to negotiate a profit from the original deal...compare that to the behaviour and morality of Barry Fergusuon! Furthermore why are ANY of the players at BRFC? .... and I include Dunn in that! Do you think that we are paying less than Bolton offered him? If you do then dream on. :rolleyes:

One word: brainless

two words: pride, passion. Where's yours - or were you unaware at what he did towards the B/bn End during the Nancy game?

Q. Whats got an IQ of 3500?

A. Entire lower tier of the Blackburn End

..........So exactly what reaction did you big brave numpty's expect ffs? If you must know I was calling you far worse!

Edited by thenodrog

What - just after he'd scored the goal to ensure Rovers topped the group - hence avoiding a very tricky tie against Shakhtar Donetsk next month?

My pride and passion is just fine thanks - and I don't need to boo players playing for my own team to prove it.

he might not have said anything about the fans yet...but give it time.

We all know that Neill can't keep his mouth shut so give it a few weeks before you start defending him!

Fair enough - and whatever he may do in the future I won't defend him - he's history.

But at this moment in time people are making 2+2=5 and accusing him of saying / doing things which can't be backed up - and it's quite pathetic.

I agree with everything Tris said. As I posted many times at the time, what Neill did at the end of the Nancy game was purely aimed at the idoits in the back corner of the BBurn End lower and IMO was bang on.

Barry Ferguson, Alan Shearer, Craig Bellamy, Crhis Sutton, Tim Sherwood. If only they'd been as open with the club before they left as Lucas Neill was.

People forget that one of the worst examples in recent times of how to leave a club was performed by own Robbie Savage.

thenodrog

"You really must have a tiny intellect if you really believe all that shyte.

1. BRFC and Neill have both conducted their business superbly. We were not ready to let him go in summer as we had no replacement. He was contracted until next summer so we played him every game and he responded well and in a mature and responsible manner..... No histrionics, no tantrums, no training ground sh1t stirring just solid professional performances from him.

2. btw Neill IS a professional player i.e. he plays for hire or reward! And like 99% of all professionals will sign for the club that rewards him most. Can you manage to get your head around that concept Oscar? How else do you think we signed him in the first place from Millwall or has that never even crossed your mind? Now that his contract is coming to an end we have been able to negotiate a profit from the original deal...compare that to the behaviour and morality of Barry Fergusuon! Furthermore why are ANY of the players at BRFC? .... and I include Dunn in that! Do you think that we are paying less than Bolton offered him? If you do then dream on. :rolleyes: "

It's not often that thenodrog is quoteworthy, but he hits the nail right on the head here - leave Neill alone and remember the good service he has given the club over a fair amount of time. He even gave notice that he would be leaving.

I sometimes wonder what it is that causes us to throw our sense of perspective out of the window when a player dares to suggest he may wish to ply his trade elsewhere - it's not dissimilar to the hullabaloo and backbiting when someone hands their notice in at work and suddenly become the bete noir. Or maybe it's more akin to a divorce for those to whom BRFC has perhaps taken on too much significance in their lives?

Barry Ferguson, Alan Shearer, Craig Bellamy, Crhis Sutton, Tim Sherwood. If only they'd been as open with the club before they left as Lucas Neill was.

Oh yeah, brilliant, if they'd all "loyally" seen out their contracts like Lucas then we'd have been about 38 million quid worse off in terms of transfer fees we would never have received!

Bottom line is Neill shafted Blackburn Rovers to optimise his own financial position. Which unfortunately post Bosman, he's perfectly entitled to do.

Hope it never happens to us again though.

Anyway as 1864 says "Lucas who" we've played two away games without him and are two victories by an aggregate of seven goals to one to the good. :tu:

My only reason for feeling that it was a good thing for Neill to have moved on, given that the question was one of timing rather than anything else, was that defensively I felt he had started to struggle-it is hard for a right footed player to play left back. I accept he had done well in an attacking sense and I am not really knocking him.

he might not have said anything about the fans yet...but give it time.

We all know that Neill can't keep his mouth shut so give it a few weeks before you start defending him!

well if thats the case, you lot should wait a few weeks before attacking him

Thanks to Neill for 5 good years at the club, and thanks for rejecting liverpool cos I hate them. He has gone to west ham most likely because of the fantastic contract they offered him, I don't like it, but thats how football is unfortunatly.

I won't boo him when comes back to Ewood with west ham, but unfortunatly most of the Ewood crowd will...nothing I can do with that either, thats how most football fans brains are programmed.

You really must have a tiny intellect if you really believe all that shyte.

2. btw Neill IS a professional player i.e. he plays for hire or reward! And like 99% of all professionals will sign for the club that rewards him most. Can you manage to get your head around that concept Oscar? How else do you think we signed him in the first place from Millwall or has that never even crossed your mind? Now that his contract is coming to an end we have been able to negotiate a profit from the original deal...compare that to the behaviour and morality of Barry Fergusuon! Furthermore why are ANY of the players at BRFC? .... and I include Dunn in that! Do you think that we are paying less than Bolton offered him? If you do then dream on. :rolleyes:

One word: brainless

Q. Whats got an IQ of 3500?

A. Entire lower tier of the Blackburn End

..........So exactly what reaction did you big brave numpty's expect ffs? If you must know I was calling you far worse!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.