BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Birmingham V Rovers

i wonder what the board budgeted for if they have already dont the accounts?

Philip might be able to correct me but I seem to recall John Williams saying that the club budget for a 10th place finish. Which we could still achieve, and along with a good cup run MH should have a bit of cash to spend in the summer.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So until we're 3-0 up and there's only 5 minutes to go, be respectful and cheer our team on.  THEN give them sh*t.

It'll be along time to wait then - how many times have we been 3-0 up this season, 2 or 3? dry.gif

That's not really actually that bad PMT. Teams don't win by 3 goals in the Premiership all that often. Second half of the season we've seen it happen a couple of times.

I 'spose then you can't blame fans for enjoying the situation when we are in the lead...any lead...even if they start singing "easy" at 1-0!

(Personally, it would make me cringe and start touching wood, peeping through my hands over my face...going to the ladies 'cos I can't take any more, etc.......!) biggrin.gif

So let see everytime fans "antagonize" a player, he'll obviously score...

So how come evertime we root for our team we don't always win??

Seriously, the fans can make a great atmosphere (for or against a team and or player) but to state that the only reason those 2 scored, and hence why Rovers lost, is because we insulted a couple of millionaires?!?! You need to have your head examined

This game just went to highlight that Hughes will have to be very shrewd in the summer if we want to progress. Namely by bringing in some decent attacking players with a bit of flair and creativity.

The Radio coverage was THAT enlightening.......?

Bloody hell! Must have been good.

Thanks for the insight Rover6. And there was me thinking we needed a goalkeeper.

You're welcome. I pride myself on percipience.

Just to be a little more specific, we really need a creative player in central midfield to add some artistry to the artisans (nicked that from Ian Dowie). Which is equally obvious so I'll waste no more of your time...

wink.gif

This is the same rover6 wanting Tugay on his bike is it? Who the hell needs creativity eh unless they play every minute of every match???

Sorry...even though it is obvious you are wrong I thought I'd bring it back up just for the hell of it...

Hughes keeping Tugay is important...hughes actually PLAYING Tugay is more important. Especially in a 4-1-4-1! Who seriously believes a central three of Mokoena-Flitcroft-Reid is going to take us places? It'll keep us up but not much else. Where is your Plan B Sparky? How many shots on target have we managed the last three games? Not-so-bloody-many.

If it was just a case of getting a decent striker in it would be fine...but we also need to find players to get the ball into them. A right midfielder is starting to seem like a must...neither Emerton or Thompson have been reliable recently.

Edited by FourLaneBlue

Sorry to disagree FourLanBlue (and I know I should have posted this on the other Tugs thread) but Tugay is not that creative anymore and IMO should not be in the side. He gives away far to many stray passes and doesnt often play a great forward pass. Everyone remembers the ball he played through for Cole away at Fulham last year but apart from that I can't remember him genuinely creating anything with a bit of magic for a few years now.

Whichever message board member said "In thirty years of watching Rovers he is undoubtedly far and away the best creative midfielder I have seen don the blue and white" as quoted on the front page of this site is either Tugay's dad or has been drinking too much Turkish beer. If were talking creative as in creating goals Berkovic was miles better.

No no, Tugay of a couple years ago was miles better than Berkovic. The season he first came and when we finished 6th he was an integral part of the team and a key to why we did so well and played in the manner that we did, our recent history would be much different without him.

Berkovic was a good player, but look what he has done since. Remember when he was with us he we were in the first division. Important to us going up, but I'd rather have Tugay at his best any day of the week.

We'll have to agree to disagree Eddie. Ask any City fans who their most creative midfielder since they returned to the Prem has been and a hell of a lot will say Berkovic.

Edited by Hasta

bigger club than us eh smile.gif

how many fans u bring to st andrews

thx for the 4 points and £3.1 million

Cuz I got a brand new combine harvester

An' I'll give you the key

Come on now let's get together

In perfect harmony

I got twenty acres

An' you got forty-three

Now I got a brand new combine harvester

An' I'll give you the key

We'll have to agree to disagree Eddie. Ask any City fans who their most creative midfielder since they returned to the Prem has been and a hell of a lot will say Berkovic.

Over SWP? Not a chance.

how many fans u bring to st andrews

thx for the 4 points and £3.1 million

A few comparisons between blackburn and Brum

Average gate

B'burn 24,000 17% of Blackburns population of 125,000

Brum 28,000 2.4% of Birminghams 1.1 million ( Shocking u don't even draw 5% of your overall population

1st league win over rovers since 1964 (Maybe because you haven't been in the top leagues for a while)

Brum fixtures

Barclays Premiership

Norwich v Birmingham, 15:00

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

15 May 2005

Barclays Premiership

Birmingham v Arsenal, 15:00 0 points from both and we have 2 easier games in which we win at least 1 and we finish above your massive club with any empty trophy cabinet

Also thanx for the 8 million you invested in our club by taking a few reserves of our hands

Not bigger mate...just better.

For confirmation I refer you to our respective trophy cabinets.

Ha Ha! Very good FLB. You know they haven't got one of those - no plans to get one either I'd imagine.

Not bigger mate...just better.

For confirmation I refer you to our respective trophy cabinets.

Ha Ha! Very good FLB. You know they haven't got one of those - no plans to get one either I'd imagine.

I would beg to differ.

They won the Leyland DAF trophy in 1991.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.