BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Birmingham V Rovers

Birmingham City's trophy cabinet is full of dust.

Just for the record Blackburn's population is around 100,000 not 125,000. If you want to include Darwen plus the surrounding villages within the Borough it rises to 139,000.

We have won 10 majors - I'm sure our little friend with the funny accent will run through Birminghams - it won't take long.

Bigger club my arse.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cracking response from a blues fan on Saturday when told to come back once they had won something. He said what does trophies matter it's fans that count. Typical response from the 'small-time' mentality that certain 'big' clubs seem to attract. In fairness we met a few decent brummies who were pretty sound. Shame about the rest though.

Well.  Maybe that'll teach our very stupid fans NOT to bait the opposition.  No sooner had they given absolute S*IT to Robbie Blake (because he once played for Burnley for god's sake- who cares?) than he scored.  The look on his face as he walked slowly past our fans to celebrate said it all. 

Then just to make doubly sure- the same morons started singing "If Heskey plays for England so can I".  Guess what happens again.

Rules for fans:

1.  Don't bait the opposition with "easy, easy" at 1-0.  We'll live to regret it.

2.  Don't bait individual opposition players- they won't like it and we'll live to regret it.

3. Don't gloat that WE'VE got a player (who's not even in the stadium) who used to play for them.  Especially when the wound is raw.  That stirs them to shout their team on (or in the case of 1 moron- to try to jump over to try to attack us!!!)  We'll live to regret it.

So until we're 3-0 up and there's only 5 minutes to go, be respectful and cheer our team on.  THEN give them sh*t.

I don't think we played any worse today then we've played before.  I don't think the substitutions were any worse.  I just think it was a game too far.

LOVED the Souness song though.  Apt, appropriate, witty.

Are you for real ?

Where the f do you get off calling your FELLOW fans stupid and morons.

Only songs approved by you can be sung ?

Take your rules and stick them where the sun don't shine.

Edited by OnePost

Sorry to disagree FourLanBlue (and I know I should have posted this on the other Tugs thread) but Tugay is not that creative anymore and IMO should not be in the side. He gives away far to many stray passes and doesnt often play a great forward pass. Everyone remembers the ball he played through for Cole away at Fulham last year but apart from that I can't remember him genuinely creating anything with a bit of magic for a few years now.

Whichever message board member said "In thirty years of watching Rovers he is undoubtedly far and away the best creative midfielder I have seen don the blue and white" as quoted on the front page of this site is either Tugay's dad or has been drinking too much Turkish beer. If were talking creative as in creating goals Berkovic was miles better.

Not sure its physically possible to sire children whilst still at junior school age.

Never drunk Turkish beer. Can you get it at Bargain Booze on Livesey Branch Road ?

Berkovich more creative than Tugay ? ................"You're havin a laff !!"

Blimey a game in which both Hesky and Stead score - who would have thought it possible?

I'm pretty disappointed with Rovers last couple of games, but I reckon a lot of it is due to tiredness. We have a very small squad of players that we can rely on - and IMO I reckon that is what is costing us, especially with the high energy and work rate of our game. This if anything shows we need to freshen things up in the summer - and add as well as improve the squad.

Also think Nissa being subbed is a good indication that he might not have a future at the club. Pity, I don't think we'll get anyone as good at his age on the cheap.

anyone else as gob smacked as I was that

a) Stead Scored (with a header no less)

but more amazingly

b ) Emerton hit a peach of a cross for the goal

(must have been a miss hit)

Sorry to disagree FourLanBlue (and I know I should have posted this on the other Tugs thread) but Tugay is not that creative anymore and IMO should not be in the side. He gives away far to many stray passes and doesnt often play a great forward pass. Everyone remembers the ball he played through for Cole away at Fulham last year but apart from that I can't remember him genuinely creating anything with a bit of magic for a few years now.

Whichever message board member said "In thirty years of watching Rovers he is undoubtedly far and away the best creative midfielder I have seen don the blue and white" as quoted on the front page of this site is either Tugay's dad or has been drinking too much Turkish beer. If were talking creative as in creating goals Berkovic was miles better.

Not sure its physically possible to sire children whilst still at junior school age.

Never drunk Turkish beer. Can you get it at Bargain Booze on Livesey Branch Road ?

Berkovich more creative than Tugay ? ................"You're havin a laff !!"

Well OnePost not everyones in their teens or twenties on this MB wink.giflaugh.gif

Hughes keeping Tugay is important...hughes actually PLAYING Tugay is more important. Especially in a 4-1-4-1! Who seriously believes a central three of Mokoena-Flitcroft-Reid is going to take us places? It'll keep us up but not much else. Where is your Plan B Sparky? How many shots on target have we managed the last three games? Not-so-bloody-many.

If you think Tugay is up to being an integral first team player, I am afraid you are wrong.

He still has the ability but is so inconsistent. He made that wonderful pass to MGP to score against Norwich and was generally impressive. However, two games against Burnley next and two very, very disappointing matches which cost him his place in the team.

When he comes in as a sub or replacement after a break, he does so with good results (perhaps he should've come on v Arsenal rather than Savage). But when it comes to relying on him, weekly; no chance.

b ) Emerton hit a peach of a cross for the goal

(must have been a miss hit)

Hughes should show Emerton a video of the goal and tell him that good cross means possible goal, bad cross / no cross means no goal. Goals are good. No goals is bad.

Goals are good. No goals is bad.

I think we cut out the explanation before to the majority (Ryan Nelsen we take into another room and explain separately) and teach them, using something like:

Passing to someone in same jumper as ours- good

Passing to someone in different jumper- bad

The one game I didn't want to lose in the league...

Should be interesting in the office tomorrow.

And any Brummies going on about £3.1m being a plus point for Savage should remember who paid the fees and wages for Tiny Taylor AND Dwight Yorke. At a time when we thought nobody would take Yorke off us, BINGO, the first mug shows up and buys him. thumbs-up.gif

When Tugay is given time and space to play, the Rovers look at their best. The problem is that most teams close him down because given a chance he dictates the tempo of a game. Against Southamption and Norwich he was superb, as someome else said, worth the entry fee alone.

He's nothing like Berkovic who plays 25 yards futher up the pitch.

Hughes keeping Tugay is important...hughes actually PLAYING Tugay is more important. Especially in a 4-1-4-1!  Who seriously believes a central three of Mokoena-Flitcroft-Reid is going to take us places? It'll keep us up but not much else. Where is your Plan B Sparky? How many shots on target have we managed the last three games? Not-so-bloody-many.

If you think Tugay is up to being an integral first team player, I am afraid you are wrong.

I don't think that...

I do think however that if Hughes was to get rid of Tugay and bring in an "integral" first-team attacking midfilder who subsequently didn't' perform or who got injured, that you would be among the very first people to criticise Hughes for his lack of foresight and prior planning in letting go a subsequent possible replacement. for however so short a time as was needed.

bigger club than us eh smile.gif

how many fans u bring to st andrews

thx for the 4 points and £3.1 million

1.) Dont worry, we'll finish above you.

2.) About 1,300. More than the that huge club b'ham brought to Ewood

3.) Cheers for cash from taylor, dunn, johnson and Yorke

Tugay is a superb player when he is given space and time to play, but because teams arent stupid enough to give him this he doesnt always show us what he can do, it should be brought in for big games and easy games, like the ones at home against norwich and southampton.

Much as I admire Tugay's passing skills in my opinion we've always allowed him to play too deep. Berkovic played where clever passing can hurt teams, from the half way line to the edge of the penalty box and he was always looking to carry the ball to the heart of the opposition defence ,pulling people out of position.

I would still plump for Berkovic in spite of the fact he could cause trouble in an empty house. Of course this is based on past history, I can't see Berkovic ever playing again in the Premier League.

I've only read this page but if Brum decided to play babyhouse over letting Savage play could we not have trumped em tit for tat by refusing to let Pennant play wearing his 'dangerous' prison service medal on his ankle?

The Sun have exposed a Brum boob this morning.

The Birmingham City Marketing Department advertised Saturday's fixture as the return of Savage.

They are explaining it away as the gentleman's agreement being a private affair between John Williams and Karren Brady they did not know about.

Seems like they do the sensible thing and ignore their Chairman.

Well.  Maybe that'll teach our very stupid fans NOT to bait the opposition.  No sooner had they given absolute S*IT to Robbie Blake (because he once played for Burnley for god's sake- who cares?) than he scored.  The look on his face as he walked slowly past our fans to celebrate said it all. 

Then just to make doubly sure- the same morons started singing "If Heskey plays for England so can I".  Guess what happens again.

Rules for fans:

1.  Don't bait the opposition with "easy, easy" at 1-0.  We'll live to regret it.

2.  Don't bait individual opposition players- they won't like it and we'll live to regret it.

3. Don't gloat that WE'VE got a player (who's not even in the stadium) who used to play for them.  Especially when the wound is raw.  That stirs them to shout their team on (or in the case of 1 moron- to try to jump over to try to attack us!!!)  We'll live to regret it.

So until we're 3-0 up and there's only 5 minutes to go, be respectful and cheer our team on.  THEN give them sh*t.

I don't think we played any worse today then we've played before.  I don't think the substitutions were any worse.  I just think it was a game too far.

LOVED the Souness song though.  Apt, appropriate, witty.

Are you for real ?

Where the f do you get off calling your FELLOW fans stupid and morons.

Only songs approved by you can be sung ?

Take your rules and stick them where the sun don't shine.

I was there at the back singing, as I have been at every away game this season. I am not a moron!!! Just a true fan who enjoys the day out supporting his club.

bigger club than us eh smile.gif

Not bigger mate...just better.

For confirmation I refer you to our respective trophy cabinets.

Ha Ha! Very good FLB. You know they haven't got one of those - no plans to get one either I'd imagine.

I would beg to differ.

They won the Leyland DAF trophy in 1991.

I forgot about that one.

However, does the 1991 Leyland DAF Cup justify the purchase of an entire Trophy Cabinet? A simple plinth would do surely? Then again they bought Dwight Yorke so I suppose anything can happen at that club. Mind you, they'd have got more from playing an empty Trophy Cabinet up front than the Dwightmeister. Even the plinth would put a bit of effort in.

Wait until the Summer, the Trophy Cabinet will be angling for a move, just to upset Steve Bruce - "I'm furious with it, we bought it in good faith back in 1963. Fair enough we've never used it but now it turns round demanding a move, I've lost all faith in Trophy Cabinets, in fact I'm fed up talking about Trophy Cabinets, thankfully I'm in a job that means I'll never have to deal with one ever again."

I understand that it was a gentlemans agreement with Barry Fry that the Trophy Cabinet wouldnt be used. However there is a train of thought that Trevor Francis refused to use it on safety grounds. Prefering Crystal (Palace) Glass

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.