BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jon Obi Mikel

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So is Hughes interested in signing this wonderkid then?

yes hughesy is interested the little problem is that like with his interest in any world class wonderboy or international we don't have the funds to bid or support his wages or teh pull factor to get him. rolleyes.gif

It is obscene but nothing like the barbarism and brutality that is the reality of human trafficking.

Quite apart from the new focus on Agents this episode has created, it shows comprehensively that Abramovich has Glazer by the balls even before Glazer has completed the purchase of the Mancs.

First, Abramovich has put Ferdinand in mind of a 70% pay rise (and will undoubtedly sign Rio for a price which reflects a defecting player one year from a Bosman if Ferdinand doesn't put pen to paper on the new contract at OT). Immediately, the Mancs either have to raise their £79m a year wage structure thus wiping out their current profitability or they will lose the core of their defence.

Second, Abramovich is showing he can whisk away whatever promising youngster the Mancs think can be their salvation by becoming the next "home" grown Beckham, Giggs or Scholes.

Nothing like toppling the world's biggest club by giving it a substantial shove on the way down- Kenyon must be enjoying himself.

Mikel probably will not be the last youngster to be profitably diverted but probably the most melodramatic.

Although its very exciting for you and the two kids who have just got into the academy this is a topic about some nigerian wonderkid maybe signing for one of the two biggest clubs in the country.

If u want to talk about the academy and things related to it do it on another topic so people dont get confused.

Look mate I was simply making the point that this topic had nothing to do with Rovers and could easily be debated elsewhere.

By drawing the comparison with my players joining the academy I was simply providing an example of a Rovers related topic. I had no wish to debate the matter because whilst it is exciting for me and the kids involved I'm sure no one else is particularly interested.

If there is genuine interest in debating the JOM saga then I apologise if I have deflected that debate and feel free to continue.

Edited by Uddersfelt Blue

Is it just me or does Modes98's signature  freeze the screen as I scroll down the page?!

Yes, buggers up mine as well.

316204[/snapback]

Sort of the sky sports effect? when you scroll down as it loads and you get millions of them, then you go back up and you get it that way aswell? thumbs-up.gif

edit: Its fine for me, are you on broadband?

Edited by modes98

• 6 months later...
Excuse me but what has this to do with Rovers? Unless of course he is Hughes' next transfer in.

315537[/snapback]

and what do some of the other posts have to do with rovers?? its a football thread

• 6 months later...

It is obscene but nothing like the barbarism and brutality that is the reality of human trafficking.

Quite apart from the new focus on Agents this episode has created, it shows comprehensively that Abramovich has Glazer by the balls even before Glazer has completed the purchase of the Mancs.

First, Abramovich has put Ferdinand in mind of a 70% pay rise (and will undoubtedly sign Rio for a price which reflects a defecting player one year from a Bosman if Ferdinand doesn't put pen to paper on the new contract at OT). Immediately, the Mancs either have to raise their £79m a year wage structure thus wiping out their current profitability or they will lose the core of their defence.

Second, Abramovich is showing he can whisk away whatever promising youngster the Mancs think can be their salvation by becoming the next "home" grown Beckham, Giggs or Scholes.

Nothing like toppling the world's biggest club by giving it a substantial shove on the way down- Kenyon must be enjoying himself.

Mikel probably will not be the last youngster to be profitably diverted but probably the most melodramatic.

Does this dramatic mini-saga qualify both Manure and Chelski for relegation as in the Italian Serie A situation?

Not quite the same, but certainly smacks of large scale corruption and Mafia style intimidation.

• 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Sorry for bringing up an old thread, but this case is far from over, it seems.

The Director of Football (or something like that) at FC Lyn Oslo at the time of the Mikel tranfer, Morgan Andersen has now been charged with forgeing the contract that made Mikel a Lyn player.

This could possibly have severe concequences for the player I think. Perhaps his transfer to Man Utd, and subsequently his transfer to Chelsea could be illegal.

Mr Anderson faces the possibility for 2 years imprisonment for his actions, if found guilty. As for FC Lyn, there is some debate around the possible consequences.

• Guest featured and unfeatured this topic

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.