BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] European Cup

It's the European Cup final tonight and Liverpool have the chance to win the trophy for a 5th time and if they do they get to keep it.

Many omens point towards a Liverpool win although I think they have been mentioned before on here.

Last time they won the Euro cup,

There was a new Pope.

Prince Charles got married.

Ken and Derdrie got married.

They beat a team wearing white (Real Madrid)

and Milan will wear a white kit in the final.

Every time Liverpool have won the cup they have worn red.

Despite all the coincedences, it will be a tough game and they will have to push forward rather than defend if they are to win.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a huge gulf in class on paper between AC Milan players and their Liverpool opponents.

If Benittez pulls the team together to outsmart AC, this could be one of the most remarkable achievements ever by a manager of a British club. On the field, Steven Gerard could achieve a form of imortality tonight.

Have to say, rationally, I haven't yet come up with anything other than an AC Milan win.

If Benittez pulls the team together to outsmart AC, this could be one of the most remarkable achievements ever by a manager of a British club.

318328[/snapback]

And yet again another boing final - as with most Cup finals - nowadays teams don't seem to go out to try and win, more containing the opposition with the object of snatching a goal.

Personally I have lost interest in most of European games due to the structure of the competitions.

Problem is, its also an element that is creeping into the domestic game which is stagnating the game as we know it.

Lets just hope it turns out to be opposite to what I have said above and is a 'showpiece' final as it should be.

Always want the English clubs to do well, I even grudgingly wanted ManUre to win '99. Same applies here. If 'pool can get the cashflow from a win (and hopefully an entry next year), then with some tactical nouse from Rafa, we could have an outside bet for the title in a year or two, to help liven up the Prem. Plus, Shevchenko shouldnt have been on the pitch against Inter, and shouldnt have been able to score against PSV. I know 'pool had luck with their goal against Chelsea, but I prefer the scousers to Chelsea biggrin.gif

Just had my pizza for tea - just hope Milan can blow Liverpool's season out of the water.

I don't see why we should support the British club, especially as it was Liverpool who got British clubs kicked out of Europe in the 80's.

Darwen will be full of plastic scousers who jump around the pub when Liverpool score and yet have never been to Anfield, the same people who slag off Blackburn Rovers and their fans. Sack that.

Forza Milan!!!

A pal of mine is a Liverpool fan and he casually asked me earlier on today what I thought the score would be. He expected me to predict a close win for Liverpool (just as he had done) but, being in a devilish mood, I said it would be 8-0 to Milan. He was unimpressed and changed the subject and that was the end of it.

Now that I've watched the first 45 minutes and seen Liverpool playing like a set of drugged sheep and gone 3-0 down, I'm beginning to regret not placing a bet.

Edited by Cheeky Sidders

Yep, Maldini got the first and Crespo got 2. Shevchenko had a goal disallowed and Crespo had a shot cleared off the line. Milan are playing delightful football

318505[/snapback]

Oddly now 3-2 after two goals in a minute from Pool.

Surely the second rate scousers can't do it can they?

THey're not even the best side in Liverpool. blink.gif

The TV's broken in the day room.

Have the Liverpool "fans" attacked their AC Milan counterparts yet ?

318501[/snapback]

Come on Jim, even if you weren't an ex-hack, nobody in their right mind would bite at such obvious troll.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.