BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Pre-season In Germany

Kandevil

Just looked at the official board- Lee will do a report later but apparently Rovers played very well and completely dominated until the subs were made.

No doubt our boys out there are just going to bed so it will be another 24 hours before they find an internet cafe!

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

excuse me? mad.gif

335199[/snapback]

Come now, roversmum, you shouldn't even be reading this thread in the first place. Everyone knows that a woman's place is in the kitchen, and as far away from the world of football as possible. Silly girl.

wink.gif

A very informative match report, thanks Lee. Of particular interest was Emerton's near goal, when he "broke down the right wing, beating his man for pace." Hopefully an indication of things to come this year?

Oh, and any news on those who didn't feature? We know about Bellamy from the official site, but what about Jansen? And how close are Gresko and Thommo to featuring again?

According to the LET's man in Germany there was a chance meeting between a group of Rovers fans and a herd of Dingles, in Salzburg. (They're over there playing some friendlies against some really poor sides).

He assures us there were no arrests!

Good god, beautiful women in GERMANY?! I really pity you englishmen who are doomed to live in a nation with women so ugly that you call german women beautiful...

335197[/snapback]

what the hell you on about? im on about its my uncle with the flag ya fool!

Its a load of tosh actually, he jarred his knee when making a tackle and was took off as a precaution.

I spoke to him afterwards and he wasn't concerned at all.

Dunno if he'll play on Saturday though.

Its a load of tosh actually, he jarred his knee when making a tackle and was took off as a precaution.

I spoke to him afterwards and he wasn't concerned at all.

Dunno if he'll play on Saturday though.

335367[/snapback]

Thank god! Cheers Lee thumbs-up.gif

Thoughts on the tour.

Saturdays game against Munich was one of the most uneventful games i've seen in ages. However it was certainly a good workout for the players.

Brad made a couple of decent saves in the first half, Andy Todd when given a decent chance right on half time made a great defensive clearance instead. Didnt see the 1860 Munich goal, was engaging in cricket banter with Brett Emerton at the time. Derbyshire was sent off after a late challenge, along with Costa who retaliated causing a bit of a melee. Gally then equalised late on, slotting a ball into the far side of the net. Andy Taylor played well, but seemed to pick up a knock as did Craig Bellamy.

Some of the 1860 fans took us into Landsberg centre as there was a beer festival on. We had a few beers there before getting the train back to Munich where they took us to the local irish bar they used before they moved grounds.

The players had a day off on Sunday where most of the fit players toured Dachau concentration camp whilst the rest had some treatment.

The second game was a much better effort all round against a better standard of team. Mallorca certainly pressed forward well and were equally as good at falling over from little pressure. Bellamy and Savage were sitting on the sidelines talking to the fans, Sav thinks he will be back on Saturday. Rovers should have scored early on, but Kuqi headed over. Then Kuqi was fouled after the Mallorca defender climbed over him. Just as a certain other sites admin was saying "Steven Reid seems to have lost the ability to take free kicks", Reid unleashed a thunderbolt from about 30 yards past the keepers near posts. The second came from a Pedersen corner, when Nelsen glanced the ball in from 6 inches. Emerton had a 3rd disallowed for offside, but it was the sort of run and shot we will be hoping for next year. Brad was relatively untroubled in the first half, but the closest came from a Nelsen chest back, but its likely they were more cool about it than we were at that time.

Second half was less exciting, Rovers pushed forward well but there were less clear cut chances. Mallorca forced Enkleman into 2-3 good saves later on. The Dickov incident was a case of handbags at dawn.

In both games Hughes seemed to resist making changes to the line up in the first half before making intermittent changes in the second half. This may provide some indication of what his likely line up witll be come the first game of the season.

Thoughts on a few individual players.

Andy Taylor - Played well at right back on Saturday, decent shout for a few games this year, though Matteo replaced him on Tuesday, possibly due to injury.

Shefki Kuqi - has a physical presence not unlike our manager had. A few nice touches and he isnt slow for a big lad.

Reid/Tugay - showing Savage that he isnt just going to be able to walk back into the first team.

Pedersen - getting his set pieces looking dangerous already

Nelsen/Todd - first choice centre backs, i'm a bit worried about quality cover.

Friedal - had some strange knee strapping, never realised just how much he actually does shout to keep the defence organised.

Bellamy - didnt really get enough action, though its obvious his pace will cause trouble even when he is off form.

match pics HERE

Were Rovers well supported on the trip?

And have you any news on this alleged Rovers and Dingle meet up?

335513[/snapback]

Yeah, I was there, I went with the Ewood Blues to Salzburg on Monday, they called Birdy and myself 'B******s', not exactly comparable to climbing on the Darwen End roof!

Those last bar pics are brilliant, my glazed look into the camera on the penultimate one is a particular favourite. Jordan was that drunk he got lost on the two min walk to a club. He paid for it in the morning!

All in all a fantastic trip, if you fancy a holiday a little bit different its well worth it. Salzburg and Austria in general is breathtaking and in Germany its just meat and quality beer, what more can you want?!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.