BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Old Gate Debate

When i got my tickets for the Salzberg game, i was served by a rather nice/cute looking brunette ;)

...when looking at my ticket receipt (i paid by card) it said Jane at the bottom. Could this be the counter assistants name? If so, then the mysterious blonde might have a name too. :wub:

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Over 20,000? I cannot see that happening Philip. But we'll all soon find out.

You were proved right - but I thought just short of 19k was a good effort.

Realistically Rovers have rarely sold more than around 22k home supporters - many of the numbers being made up by away fans. The only match that bucked that trend was Charlton (if my memory is correct) when we got promoted and lowered prices to £10 - and the 30k that filled the ground to celebrate the championship win (and that was free :D )

It's a shame finding a negative element following our fantastic result last night, but why are we getting so excited about the gate ?

As it said in the sports section of this morning's telegraph, the club did everything short of John Williams telephoning each fan individually, and offering to play in their back garden.

This is what really annoys me - why don't they comment or try to reason why the fans are not actually going. Why don't they try and get out of their armchairs and look into the situation, they might find that there is also a dwindling in the crowds at home games and not just ours

Why not have a go at Boro for their home crowd and all the empty red seats

Where is the report having a go at Citeh for their following at Ewood last week.

Why can't thy realise we are not a city club and don't have the support of MU/Lpool etc or the media hype to go with it to attract 'other' spectators.

Lazy journalism

Ironically enough, it was The Observer leading the charge in last season's great debate over dwindling attendances all over the Premier League. Even as a Guardian reader, I find that article lazy and smug in its inference.

After 4 home games to date,of which 3 were against local North West opposition, I'm afraid to say that this seasons pricing policy of A+ and A games has been an absolute disaster.....todays attendance v Wigan is some 2,500 down on last season even though we are playing some great football!!!!

More Rovers fans were in attendance v Salzburg(£15) than any of the above league games...if that does not tell Rovers board something it never will.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

After 4 home games to date,of which 3 were against local North West opposition, I'm afraid to say that this seasons pricing policy of A+ and A games has been an absolute disaster.....todays attendance v Wigan is some 2,500 down on last season even though we are playing some great football!!!!

More Rovers fans were in attendance v Salzburg(£15) than any of the above league games...if that does not tell Rovers board something it never will.

Would this not have something to do with season ticket holders getting free entry? (IIRC)

how much was it in the riverside today SG? It's not all down to prices.

Ok den a limited number of tickets were available in the Riverside outer for £15 and yes, we cant even flog them.The vast majority of tickets today were in the £30 bracket........ DOUBLE that v Salzburg.

Although the number of tickets having to be bought this season, is going to tax even the most ardent fan.

Totally agree,and thats why I hope to god we keep the European games down to a minimum price ,success could have a downside for us crowd wise too.....how many clubs could 'boast' that :unsure:

I think we're ALL searching for excuses to be honest as at the end of the day this team,despite the good vocal backing it receives,deserves a bigger audience....its a real shame.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

Ok den a limited number of tickets were available in the Riverside outer for £15 and yes, we cant even flog them.

They weren't £15 in the Riverside outer.

But that cheap ticket area also comprises the JW lower as well.

And the fact that they are limited is irrelevant as we cant sell all of them.

Edited by stuwilky

Closer to 5k SG

Rubbish, What was the gate today? About 17k of which 1500 - 2k ish were from Wigan. (They voted with their feet as well)

So straight away we've lost at least 4,000 walk on fans because of the ridiculous pricing today, probably more as not every ST holder would have been able to attend on Thursday night.

We seem to be making a misguided attempt to defy the law of supply and demand and it's backfiring disastrously.

People aren't that stupid and no-one is going to pay 36 quid to go in a ground that's nearly half empty. It would be a different matter entirely if the ground was full or nearly full.

We are driving support away in their droves with this categorised pricing.

When are BRISA going to get their act into gear and campaign strongly against the current pricing policy?

Edited by RevidgeBlue

When are BRISA going to get their act into gear and campaign strongly against the current pricing policy?

Perhaps if you got off your arse and contributed something to BRISA rather than bitch about it on the internet then BRISA would be able to.

Rubbish, What was the gate today? About 17k of which 1500 - 2k ish were from Wigan. (They voted with their feet as well)

Im not entirely sure how my post is "rubbish" when the attendance against Saltzberg was shy of 19k, and we are rumoured to have between 13 1/2 and 14k season ticket holders.

Whilst I do not know how many of them chose to come, nor whether that would count towards the attendance or not, I know it certainly isn't "rubbish". <_<

Im not entirely sure how my post is "rubbish" when the attendance against Saltzberg was shy of 19k, and we are rumoured to have between 13 1/2 and 14k season ticket holders.

Whilst I do not know how many of them chose to come, nor whether that would count towards the attendance or not, I know it certainly isn't "rubbish". <_<

Sorry Stu, I thought you were referring to today's game and that we had 5k home walk ons today.

As for ST numbers it was around 12k last season and we are cryptically told numbers have "increased" but as far as I know the club have never divulged actual figures and I doubt it's 14k. We probably had considerably more than 7k walk ons on Thursday night as not every ST holder would have been able to attend.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.