BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Old Gate Debate

Yes indeed a fantastic post by Tris and the sort necessary to provide meaningful debate on this integral theme.

However I would not share the 100% faith in the actual staff at BRFC being able to deal with the necessary resulting issues. I do at Board level and would add that in John Williams and Tim Finn we have excellent men working hard to provide direction. However the staff below them are frankly average.

May I give an example? Perimeter Advertising boards at Ewood Park and BRFC’s marketing department. The club deal directly with the main national advertisers but sub-contract the other boards to advertising companies to sell, although they do not make this point clear. Last year this was performed by a company over in the Fylde and this year by one in West Yorks. My firm was contacted and I agreed (with this being the first corporate sponsorship at BRFC) that we would have a board last year. Putting to one side the resulting atrocious service which manifested itself in our board not being in place until way past the start of the season with the Man U game being missed. From that day until last week, when the West Yorkshire firm contacted me to enquire if we’d be interested in having an advertising board, nobody from BRFC’s marketing department has bothered to make contact with us to see if we were happy and whether we might be interested in any other corporate sponsorship! I have found this staggering that BRFC have a local business who are obviously interested in supporting Rovers but no one has even contacted us, missed opportunities?

I’d be tempted to say that it was Conference standard, but that would be unfair on Stanley who in my experience are better than BRFC in the marketing department.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aggy, how many reduced priced games have there been this season for Adults?

390783[/snapback]

I don't know, you should be able to tell me that smile.gif

Two of my season tickets aren't adults and there seems to have been a lot of kids offers.

A season ticket was supposed to offer a saving equivalent of how many free games?

How many games have their been reduced prices for kids?

Aggy:

Birmingham City - A Family Ticket offer (2 adults 2 juniors) £30

Sunderland - because the game was re-arranged, £5 off a future match

Portsmouth - Juniors £1

Aston Villa - Juniors £1

thats yer lot!

Aggy:

Portsmouth - Juniors £1

Aston Villa - Juniors £1

thats yer lot!

390791[/snapback]

That's a disgrace, sack the board and the grooby. I demand a free season ticket now!!!

Are you going work it out for me?

BBE lower, 1 Adult, 1 Young Adult and 1 Junior thumbs-up.gif

390738[/snapback]

I could do, but I wont bother doing it exactly, simply because you buy a Young Adult Season ticket, which would mean buying an adult match day ticket. So for the adult youve saved around £100, for the young adult youve saved atround £300, and given that the average child ticket this season has been about £8 youve saved about £60 on that.

So close to £500 saved for the three of you.

Aggy:

Portsmouth - Juniors £1

Aston Villa - Juniors £1

thats yer lot!

390791[/snapback]

That's not strictly true is it, if you join the adult membership scheme you get a fiver off the Villa and Boro or Wigan games as well.

That's not strictly true is it, if you join the adult membership scheme you get a fiver off the Villa and Boro or Wigan games as well.

390872[/snapback]

You get two £5 vouchers that can be used at the above games, but you forgot to mention that it comes at a cost - £10 for adults

You get two £5 vouchers that can be used at the above games, but you forgot to mention that it comes at a cost - £10 for adults

390877[/snapback]

Yes, but the cost of membership is already absorbed into the cost of a season ticket and that particular discount is not available to ST holders. It just adds to the perception amongst ST holders they may be being unfairly treated.

Don't get me wrong,I'm all for the cheap offers. However I also think that ST holders need to have a much clearer idea of exactly how much they're saving.

Lee, (or anyone else) could you please tell me how many category A, B and C games there have been this year and the respective cost for JW upper central.

I'll work it out and let everyone know how much I saved by getting a ST.  thumbs-up.gif

390879[/snapback]

Jack Walker Upper Central Prices:

A+ =£38

A =£36

B =£32

CATEGORY A+ - Everton, Manchester United, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea = £190

CATEGORY A - Newcastle, Sunderland, Bolton, Manchester City = £144

CATEGORY B - Fulham, Tottenham, West Brom, Birmingham, Charlton, West Ham, Portsmouth, Aston Villa, Middlesbrough, Wigan = £320

Total spend on matchday tickets = £654

Season Ticket £540 with loyalty £570 without.

Saving £114 or £84

Excellent Lee, that's really helpful, thanks.

I always hoped I was making a decent saving by buying a ST but never knew exactly how much.

On the other end of the scale a lot of ST holders seem to believe they are being short changed.

I would suggest that as a marketing tool it is very prominently marked up exactly how much each and every prospective ST holder will save when the new renewal packs go out.

I would suggest that as a marketing tool it is very prominently marked up exactly how much each and every prospective ST holder will save when the new renewal packs go out.

390898[/snapback]

I would suggest you read it, rather than doing what I do and just bloody filling the form in and sending it back. It definitely mentioned the savings last year

I would suggest you read it, rather than doing what I do and just bloody filling the form in and sending it back.    It definitely mentioned the savings last year

390902[/snapback]

But what are Rovers doing to actually make him read it SteB? Personally, I think they should be sending somebody round the houses to remind people to read the pack. It's just a bit bloody amateur at the moment.

Is the saving that Lee mentions above enough to stimulate rapid sales of season tickets?I don't think so from an American perspective in that you could miss four games and pay on the gate what you would have spent on a season ticket.if season ticket sales are the lifeblood then it should be that there is more value in having purchased the ST over paying on the gate.If the season ticket was say 450 pounds( 200 pounds less than paying on the gate)wuld that not stimulate greater sales to make up the short fall?

EX. 10,000 ST sold X 540 ST cost=5.4 million

at 450 for aST you would have to sell an additional 2,000 ST just to break back to the 5.4 million but would you really sell an additional (x factor) number of season tickets?Obviously the x factor is the problem.Would this 200 pound difference actually stimulate a substantial number of sales?This is the question.I would think that no more cutting of prices can occur.It is what it is and whoover will come will come and you can't twist someones arm to make them come to a sporting event.There are obviously not 30,000 people in the catchment are that want to and can afford to come and lowering fees is still not going to necessarily make someone want to come to a football game.There are no easy answers or it would have been done already!

my .02

Florida Rover

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.