SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] West Ham United V Brfc 3 - 1 Wham

Ozz

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seemed to me that for their goals, we were second to the ball at each challenge. They looked more up for it than us, and I really think that we just expected to turn up and take the three points without actually doing owt. Going in one up at half time probably confirmed that to the team who thought, christ were one up and we haven`t had to do much-we`ll walk this, then dozed off at the re-start and West Ham just walked the ball in. Momentum seized, Rovers were like a rabbit in the headlights-unable to move and incapable of upping the game and fighting back, apart from Dickov who took it literally of course.

Must try harder, and an early challenge for Mr Hughes.

rover.gif watched the game ın crusoe,s ın alanya turkey.me junıor a couple off west ham fans.ı was in a bouyant mood.after wınnıng 125 sov,s on the manure score,started well enough,scored then ıt was all downhıll.the screen was poor but kuqı was worse,bellamy was non-exıstant,savage and emerton p3ss poor,what,s new tinykit.gif

Well, I've had a little time to reflect and I feel a little better about it, but only a little. I do feel very let down by the team, who we all hoped would simply continue as last season, instead we will have kept the bully boy tag and we've been played off of the park, well done boys. Let's hope we don't come across anymore 39 year olds, then we really might be in trouble.

rover.gif watched the game ın crusoe,s ın alanya turkey.me junıor a couple off west ham fans.ı was in a bouyant mood.after wınnıng 125 sov,s on the manure score,started well enough,scored then ıt was all downhıll.the screen was poor but kuqı was worse,bellamy was non-exıstant,savage and emerton p3ss poor,what,s new tinykit.gif

338885[/snapback]

What about Andy awful Todd the culprit for West Hams first two goals then there was Steven i want to pass back to my centre halfs all the time Reid and not the forwards.

Why did Hughes risk Bellamy after so little match practice and then the disgraceful challenge of Paul Dickov how low can we go?

Rovers have certainly put down the wrong marker for this season with that performance .

To be fair to Dickov - who should hold his hands up and appologise to everyone for that tackle - at least he put some effing effort in second half.

Emerton needs something, a P45 possibly.

I was never sure of the Axe at Centre back, and as we've sold Johanson its Amoruso as back up, who although "good for a laugh" (if your the opposition) makes mistakes but has a presence that does steady the boat somewhat. Oh well I think Wagster might get his wish about the youngsters getting a run out, although I was very surprised that Johnson wasnt on the bench,as I would rather play someone with more pace than Dickov (I would start Dickov or not at all)

I would think after yesterday that IF Hughes and the board had any doubts about not signing any more players, and they have a cash, they will act now rather than wait till January. I would think we need an injection of some new blood.

Ahh, the disappointment hasnt waned since yesterday. Its disgraceful to lose to a promoted team on the first day. A big downer.

For me the worrying aspect of this result is many fans will react by thinking the Fulham game means nothing more than a repeat of last season. Rovers will be very fortunate to get 16000 next Saturday.

338876[/snapback]

Shudder at the thought.Will we also be able to create anything like the atmosphere the Hammers fans did today(they really were their twelth man) for next week......sadly we all know the answer to that.

Watched the game again and they took the p1ss out of us the second half...totally humiliated us.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

It was always gonna be a difficult game going to West Ham. I cant remember the last time Rovers won there.

We started off ok, to begin with we were on top and were playing in thier half. Todd got the goal from what seemed like a rubbish corner, but it went in so who cares. But then I felt that we always needed to get a second goal as West Ham were definately getting back into it. I felt though that if Rovers got to half time 1-0 up then we'd ok.

But West Ham came out all guns blazing in the second half. They run at us and we couldn't cope. Poor defending for the first goal, we stood offthem far too much. But then Pedersen should have done better with that chance straight after the kickoff.

We had to go 4-5-1 because they was all over us. It worked for a while. But then we gave away two more stupid goals. Although you cant argue with Reo-Coker's finish - was excellent.

Its hard to pick out anyone who performed well yesterday. We was poor right through the team. Defensivly we were a bit of a mess. I hope Nelsen gets back soon. Mokoena had a terrible game.

Once West Ham had scored they also cut through our midfield far too easily. I know Savage had been booked which restricted him somewhat. Attacking wise the midfield was poor also. We're gonna have to provide our strikers with better balls than what they were getting.

Bellamy quite obviously wasn't fit but hoofing it over the top 30 yards in front of him isn't good enough. I didn't think Kuqi was that bad, him and Bellamy could make a good partnership imo. As for Dickov, stupid sending off. When I was there I didnt think he'd touched him but after looking on the telly he did.

I dont think (well I bloody hope!) we'll play that badly much this season. Bring on Fulham!!!!

are you not contradicting yourself there. Slating us for being negative yet you cant see us beating Fulham nor Spurs.Your hardly being positive are ya

338838[/snapback]

Not slating anyone, just pointing out a fact. No I don't see us beating either of those two but I am not talking about relegation. Most likely I am just upset at the bad start.

Not an awful lot Simon, I've backed him and backed him...but am beginning to think that it's a woeful 3 million spent. He's 30, playing crap on a regular basis and trying to prove a point every time he runs on to the pitch.

Just a thought, if a 39 year old Teddy can make our centre halves look like conference players: what the hell will a fit Thierry do to our lot? I think that people have realised that Todd is only an average centre half when not next to Nelsen who is immense.

Finally, as I posted yesterday, I honestly think that with the current bunch, the only way that we can make progress is by playing 4-5-1. We have no creativity whatsoever. And as somebody mentioned, Hughes said he was looking for someone to "unlock defences". He brought Bellamy, but he can only do so much. If lack of service continues (which it will with our current midfield) then by January he will be crying for an escape out of Ewood if not before.

Open question to board members:

In your honest opinion what does Robbie 'headless Chicken' Savage bring to our game?...............................................

338900[/snapback]

Well yesterday not that much. Once he'd been booked he couldn't tackle like he wanted to.

But he is a fair good passer of the ball. When on form he can break up play and then get the ball wide. He's good at set pieces, something which we haven't had much of in recent years. I still dont think we've seen the best of Savage yet - I'm still not convinced he is fully fit.

Well yesterday not that much. Once he'd been booked he couldn't tackle like he wanted to.

But he is a fair good passer of the ball. When on form he can break up play and then get the ball wide. He's good at set pieces, something which we haven't had much of in recent years. I still dont think we've seen the best of Savage yet - I'm still not convinced he is fully fit.

338904[/snapback]

At this moment in time Savage has brought absolutely nothing to Blackburn Rovers except publicity as an average footballer making an absolute fortune from the game of football.

No wonder so many Blackburners have been turned off by the ratio of money paid to Savage for ability produced... its way out of proportion.

We need a new attacking central midfielder.

To all the Todd lovers, what about his stinking performance yesterday, the alarm bells were ringing when Todd allowed Harewod to outpace him in the first couple of minutes giving the hammer a freeshot at goal.

Then there was another incident first half when Todd hesitated and left a West Ham attacker with an opportunity at goal, then theres the first goal a Todd gift, then the second one where was Todd hiding for that second goal.

Todd surely needs Nelsen to hold his hand through a game.

Ok, We've lost the game and we haven't played well, but there's no need to start calling the players, and moaning about they have 'let us down again'.

We don't have a define right to win games, but I'm sure Hughes will have words this week, and I fully expect a win next week against Fulham.

338751[/snapback]

My sentiments exactly! OK so we had a stinker; it is not the end of the world ( or even the season). Give yourselves a shake and remember the pre-season form, and ffs have a bit of faith in Sparky and his players. There is no doubt at all in my mind that the WHam situation WILL BE ADDRESSED in the coming week. What is needed now is for the players , the manager and the club to see that the suuporters are just that; SUPPORTERS! Get behind your team at the next two home games against Fulham and Spuds. I WILL BE THERE AND SOD THE EXPENSE! C'MON THE ROVERS!!!

yesterday i was happy with the first half performance (well, the first 30 minutes at least), then west ham got back into the game and started running at our defence, and they didn't even look like they knew what was hitting them. i mean, teddy sheringham for crying out loud! the man's 39! and with savage doing that horrible late challenge early in the first half, you could see that he wasn't up for the challenges he could do. and what the hell was dickov thinking? i think our best striker was kuqi yesterday, and he didn't do much. our worst players yesterday was emerton and todd by far! did you see the replay of the goal where emerton gave the ball away? check it out and look at his reaction when he sees what he's done... he shouldn't have been on the pitch at all! rather reid on the right and tugay in the centre!

. Give yourselves a shake and remember the pre-season form

338914[/snapback]

Pre-season form means bugger all. I think I'm right that before the year we won the league we didn't win a pre-season game at all culminating in a 3-0 defeat at Hibs.

However I expected us to get beat and am not too down yet. If we haven't got a win after the Tottenham game I'll panic.

To all the Todd lovers, what about his stinking performance yesterday, the alarm bells were ringing when Todd allowed Harewod to outpace him in the first couple of minutes giving the hammer a freeshot at goal.

Then there was another incident first half when Todd hesitated and left a West Ham attacker with an opportunity at goal, then theres the first goal a Todd gift, then the second one where was Todd hiding for that second goal.

Todd surely needs Nelsen to hold his hand through a game.

338912[/snapback]

Get off Todds back everyone. This is the guy who has been "our" player of the season and simply because he has a bad game suddenly he's cr*p.

IMO its the midfield area which needs sorting. Someone with a bit of creativity.

Reid, Savage, Emerton and Pedersen all have their individual qualities but are just average players I'm afraid.

All through summer many people have been saying how Mokoena is good cover at the back which I have denied as he is so inconsistent and makes far too many mistakes. First game of the season he defends atrociously... thank you!

EDIT: Not to mention Todd.... I have said a few times that he is not to be relied upon. He has only ever played consistently for half a season, once in his entire career. Not a bad squad player but anyone with Todd as a first choice defender is in trouble. We must bring in another defender soon!

Edited by roverich

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.