SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Independent Supporters Asscn

Paul

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a lot play football, most of my college mates that are asian, are good at football, better than me even, and thats good wink.gif

but none of them play for teams

357479[/snapback]

Anyone breaking into the Rovers team at the moment has to be of ...international class - good isnt good enough....... you have to be very very good, thats the standard at this moment in time.

BTW Mark (IMUSA Guy from last week) was on TalkSport Radio this morning being interviewed by Alan Brazil regarding United recent woes.

357609[/snapback]

Mark Longden is a national council member on the Football supporters federation [FSF]. This is an organisation that BRISA might well join, to be able to campaign on national issues, on behalf of Rovers fans.

One other thing. I hope people who have become members of BRISA just bear with us for a short while. There has been a lot of technical work going on behind the scenes over the weekend, [not by me] smile.gif , in order for BRISA to function to it's utmost.

a lot play football, most of my college mates that are asian, are good at football, better than me even, and thats good wink.gif

357479[/snapback]

Ive noticed that a lot more play five a side which as a lanky centre half (much like Carlton Palmers style im told) i have a lot of difficulty with (the head hight rule kills me at 6,4!), but the asian kids all seem to be very small, fast and tricky.

Im going to raise the name Ali Karimi again. If anyone can help with a middle eastern presence on the pitch, hes the man.

To stay with the "Asian" theme....

as some of you have Asian mates/work mates etc, why doesn't the club allow you to buy a discounted ticket for your Asian mate. If they enjoy themselves, the word will spread.....

OK, there are some problems, but nothing that can't be overcome.

357479[/snapback]

Yes they do play for teams . But in Blackburn the trend is for all Asian teams and all Asian leagues ......

In sport as in life .....

I cringed uncontrollably reading that...

Nice David Brent impression though.

357993[/snapback]

I trust, Le Chuck, that you will be presenting some kind of solution to getting lots of the ethnic population of Blackburn into Ewood Park on matchdays?

Mine was no more than a thought. One day someone will hit on an idea that the club will pick up on and make a success out of it.

I trust, Le Chuck, that you will be presenting some kind of solution to getting lots of  the ethnic population of Blackburn into Ewood Park on matchdays?

Mine was no more than a thought. One day someone will hit on an idea that the club will pick up on and make a success out of it.

358078[/snapback]

It was all in jest, I was just picturing the media coverage that would surround 'discounted tickets for Asians'.

I am, of course, far too lazy to present my own ideas...not that I have any to present, or am ever likely to. Maybe the problem is the unwillingness from the whole majority of the Asian community to embrace English culture? Just a thought (probably stolen from one of a number of topics in ICBINF, admittedly).

Edited by LeChuck

Fairy Nuff, LeC.

It wasn't my thought that that the Asian population be given discounted tickets week in week out. Just that a season ticket holder could buy one discounted ticket to take someone new to a game. I suppose that things like this have happened in the past.

As I said, just a thought.....

As well as identifying various worthy causes (as many as possible ideally, for BRISA and BRFC's subsequent prioritisation) we need to identify an issue which provides a major debating point. Even if it may not be the easiest issue with which get agreement with BRFC, I feel it is important to get interested Rovers fans involved and refining potential solutions under the BRISA banner.

I'd suggest primarily that 'Encouraging Rovers Fans Supporting Choice' and 'Enhancing the Ewood Matchday Experience' need to be raised and discussed.

How feasible would a small, shallow terraced area in front of a raised, more sheltered, disabled (wheelchair) section (and the stand's current upper half of seating behind) across the whole length of the Riverside be?

The ground in its current state has already hosted summer pop concerts where standing in seated areas has not been prevented by stewards which surely weakens the supposed health and safety risk arguments against relaxing standing restrictions. If people reply 'But it's the regulations...' let's simply do everything possible to get them modified. There are various national movements on this but Ewood Park is unique in the opportunities it presents for us to take this forward.

There is obviously dispensation for the Blackburn End Drummer to stand, why not for vocal chorister leaders (self-appointed ideally) and flagbearers also?

Give casual attenders the chance to sit in our core supporting areas at important matches (eg the heart of the Blackburn End) by restoring it as the unreserved area it was 15 years ago (albeit with seats now). It's the best way of winning their hearts, encouraging future loyalty and fostering yet moderating youthful exuberance, as well as assisting season ticket holder regulars with the previous 'Bring a friend' policy. If other season ticket holder's have got to sit in 'their' seat, they'll just have to get on early! It would also help like-minded season ticket holders gather together which is vital if the matchday atmosphere is to be improved.

How about helping this by (politely) encouraging pensioners and young children out of the Blackburn End Lower tier (or even just its central sections) by withdrawing concessionary tickets in those areas?

Older fans appreciate how the social and communal elements of supporting have been constrained at Ewood Park over recent years - efforts must be made to bring them back. In addition to the cost, these are a factor why many now choose to watch matches in pubs.

These are just a few points I would like to see championed by BRISA, I'm sure others have many more...

Many Happy Returns for Saturday, Rovers! thumbs-up.gif

I trust, Le Chuck, that you will be presenting some kind of solution to getting lots of  the ethnic population of Blackburn into Ewood Park on matchdays?

358078[/snapback]

*Edited*

Edited by MCMC1875

As well as identifying various worthy causes (as many as possible ideally, for BRISA and BRFC's subsequent prioritisation) we need to identify an issue which provides a major debating point. Even if it may not be the easiest issue with which get agreement with BRFC, I feel it is important to get interested Rovers fans involved and refining potential solutions under the BRISA banner.

I'd suggest primarily that 'Encouraging Rovers Fans Supporting Choice' and 'Enhancing the Ewood Matchday Experience' need to be raised and discussed.

How feasible would a small, shallow terraced area in front of a raised, more sheltered, disabled (wheelchair) section (and the stand's current upper half of seating behind) across the whole length of the Riverside be?

The ground in its current state has already hosted summer pop concerts where standing in seated areas has not been prevented by stewards which surely weakens the supposed health and safety risk arguments against relaxing standing restrictions. If people reply 'But it's the regulations...' let's simply do everything possible to get them modified. There are various national movements on this but Ewood Park is unique in the opportunities it presents for us to take this forward.

There is obviously dispensation for the Blackburn End Drummer to stand, why not for vocal chorister leaders (self-appointed ideally) and flagbearers also?

Give casual attenders the chance to sit in our core supporting areas at important matches (eg the heart of the Blackburn End) by restoring it as the unreserved area it was 15 years ago (albeit with seats now). It's the best way of winning their hearts, encouraging future loyalty and fostering yet moderating youthful exuberance, as well as assisting season ticket holder regulars with the previous 'Bring a friend' policy. If other season ticket holder's have got to sit in 'their' seat, they'll just have to get on early! It would also help like-minded season ticket holders gather together which is vital if the matchday atmosphere is to be improved.

How about helping this by (politely) encouraging pensioners and young children out of the Blackburn End Lower tier (or even just its central sections) by withdrawing  concessionary tickets in those areas?

Older fans appreciate how the social and communal elements of supporting have been constrained at Ewood Park over recent years - efforts must be made to bring them back. In addition to the cost, these are a factor why many now choose to watch matches in pubs.

These are just a few points I would like to see championed by BRISA, I'm sure others have many more...

Many Happy Returns for Saturday, Rovers!  thumbs-up.gif

358111[/snapback]

BEB

Is your agenda solely standing? cool.gif

Seriously, this is a good post. An ignored by-product of reserved seating is that of fans turning up 5 or 10 mins before kick off, thereby starving the event of pre-match atmosphere and putting off anyone from coming to the ground early for a match day experience!

Furthermore, if a 'walk on fan' (can anyone come up with a better term?) cannot locate in the centre of the Blackburn End (or any other fully subscribed area) with or without their mates, then they may be less likely to re-visit (I know I would!).

Clearly, standing is not a 'local' issue to paraphrase the powers that be, but the double standards regarding standing that currently exist for pop concerts and foootball matches make a mockery of the law (Can't imagine Kirsty and Leanne being thrown out by ShowSec for persistent standing during the second encore of Blue). Cue debate and review of ground regs. Are you reading Mr Newsham?

tinykit.gifcool.gif

Edited by MCMC1875

BEB - I'm interested in promoting better facilities for the disabled. I'd like to see the Riverside developed (I typed Roverside first, now there's a name for it!)for part of it to incorporate an indoor disabled area which could be used as a day centre/club/drop in for disabled people and friends/carers, also where they could go pre-post match and at half time for a hot drink, or even watch the match from a warm indoor area, and a covered raised outside area for wheelchairs etc.

Edited by roversmum

In all seriousness, I keep reading all this stuff about attracting more "Asian" fans.

Has anyone else considered that Rovers should be also trying to attract more females?

Comments anyone?

There's only one remotely close to my seat in the BBE.

In all seriousness, I keep reading all this stuff about attracting more "Asian" fans.

Has anyone else considered that Rovers should be also trying to attract more females?

Comments anyone?

358327[/snapback]

Ill gladly let you have the one that sits next to me. Guaraneted to cost you a fortune. ph34r.gif

Comments anyone?

358327[/snapback]

I hear she's asking to relocateher seat.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.