BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Independent Supporters Asscn

Paul

Excellent post Billinge End Blue!! thumbs-up.gif

Maybe a 'trial' period of unrestricted seating in the BBE for league cup games?? See if it creates problems...or improves the atnosphere? huh.gif

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sickened by the suggestions that the Ethnics be given discounted tickets just to get them on Ewood, it's a disgusting idea. I mean haven't they been handed enough over the years. If they don't want to go, they don't want to go. If they do want to go then they can pay the same bloody price as everyone else. Jesus H effin Christ what are you lot thinking.

Put the sandal on the other foot, imagine the uproar if one starting discounting tickets for white people. Get a bloody grip.

I like the "bring a friend for a discount" idea, but only if it was not ethnic specific.

358601[/snapback]

BRISA has a meeting in January with the club. The agenda has yet to be properly formalised, but it's probable that attendances will be on the first agenda.

BRISA will be asking members for their input, to be forwarded to the club. If anyone believes that they can contribute to that discussion, or any other discussions that will take place with the club, then join BRISA.

£5/year for family membership.

roversisa.co.uk

BRISA has a meeting in January with the club. The agenda has yet to be properly formalised, but it's probable that attendances will be on the first agenda.

BRISA will be asking members for their input, to be forwarded to the club. If anyone believes that they can contribute to that discussion, or any other discussions that will take place with the club, then join BRISA.

£5/year for family membership.

roversisa.co.uk

358608[/snapback]

What can I do from here Den. are you just looking for ideas, thoughts or what. I suppose I could trawl through the pages here.

A Fiver for a family membership, good deal. Hey American can I adopt you, save a few quid.

BRISA sounds like a fantastic idea, good luck.

What can I do from here Den.  are you just looking for ideas, thoughts or what.  I suppose I could trawl through the pages here.

A Fiver for a family membership, good deal.  Hey American can I adopt you, save a few quid.

BRISA sounds like a fantastic idea, good luck.

358610[/snapback]

USABlue, overseas members, of which we have quite a few, will have the same input as any other member.

Yes, we want ideas suggestions and thoughts on anything that affects BRFC and the fans.

USABlue, overseas members, of which we have quite a few, will have the same input as any other member.

Yes, we want ideas suggestions and thoughts on anything that affects BRFC and the fans.

358615[/snapback]

I might join, don't have much to add but you never know when I might get a flash of brilliance.

Saw a group of Asian kids by the tunnel in the JWL/DE after the match, had obviously enjoyed the match, I believe they are beginning to get interested but if we work on the children (which I assume we already do through schools etc) the adults will follow.

Lets work on getting ALL sections of the community down to Ewood on matchday.......by christ do we need 'em!! dry.gif

If we can't consistently get even 20,000 in with some of the cheapest available prices in the Premiership and on a great run of form, we're going to seriously struggle to compete at this level in the long term and that is no understatement.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

I am sickened by the suggestions that the Ethnics be given discounted tickets just to get them on Ewood, it's a disgusting idea. I mean haven't they been handed enough over the years.

Hey steady on there buddy. I think too long in red neck country is clouding your vision.

Totally support BEB's point about unreserved seating. There are probably plenty of people who don't go because they can't sit with their mates or have to sit on the front row in the rain for big games. It would also get all the singers together which would make for a better atmosphere. I would love to see terracing back too but I can't see this happening unless fans from all clubs join together to campaign for it as there's nothing we can do unilaterally.

I haven't really been following this thread but are the club supportive of BRISA?

I haven't really been following this thread but are the club supportive of BRISA?

358815[/snapback]

Very much so McClarky.

The club have met with BRISA representatives on two occasions (including one this week). They have also committed to meet with us on at least a bi monthly basis with board representation at each one (John Williams and Tom Finn are our main contacts but where appropriate other board members may be present).

On face value they are very supportive.

I talked in Radio Rovers today and the interviewer suggested that Rovers should do a big meeting  for all the fans throughout the world.

Do you think it's possible?

358767[/snapback]

BRISA has a committment from JW to meet with their members - date to be arranged at a later date. I'm sure overseas members would be able to submit questions to him via email.

Totally support BEB's point about unreserved seating. There are probably plenty of people who don't go because they can't sit with their mates or have to sit on the front row in the rain for big games. It would also get all the singers together which would make for a better atmosphere. I would love to see terracing back too but I can't see this happening unless fans from all clubs join together to campaign for it as there's nothing we can do unilaterally.

358815[/snapback]

Absolutely. BRISA met with JW and TF last week to lay out the guidelines for future meetings.

All this information is being posted out to BRISA members soon.

BRISA website

Some sort of online thing? Or do you mean actually physically meeting up.

I'm sure the first would be possible and would probably be quite useful, if it is the latter then I can't see it being feasible.

358771[/snapback]

I was think of physically.

Of course not everyone could go but lets imagine a International meeting in Blackburn for August, let's say, the first game of the season.

A weekend of activities could be made for those coming from overseas that can't go to Ewood on a regular basis. tinykit.gif

I am looking forward to the aftermath for want of a better description, of the first meeting with the club and the items that will be on the agenda. no doubt the ticket prices thing will be on there aswell. certain sections of our fan base have long criticised the club for their pricing of matches...however when the club appear to be getting this right, with argueably some of the cheapest tickets in the country, the attendances are going backwards. now that this subject has been dealt with (by the club in my eyes) the excuse now is that the team are playing crap football or that it aint good enough to spend hard earned cash on. as it appears now, this also seems to be being dealt with.....so what now is the excuse of the fans? good football being played by the lads, some cheap prices and good entertainment - there is now no excuse, based on the past gripes of fans. with this in mind, i am hoping that the club express their own dissapointment towards the fans. as a whole, the club are giving the fans what they have wanted for the past few seasons...so why still no increase in attendances!!

Beacause whether you like it or not, Blackburn is not a hotbed of passionate football fans.

If you took the ground, the same directors, management, players etc and stuck it in the Newcastle there would be a waiting list for tickets.

Even when we had the championship winning team together Ewood was rarely a full sell out.

I've also signed up.. cool.gif

359040[/snapback]

Thanks to everyone who's backing BRISA.

It's not just a matter of paying your money, we want your views and there's a place on BRISA where members can have input/interaction, to the whole process.

I am looking forward to the aftermath for want of a better description, of the first meeting with the club and the items that will be on the agenda. no doubt the ticket prices thing will be on there aswell.  certain sections of our fan base have long criticised the club for their pricing of matches...however when the club appear to be getting this right, with argueably some of the cheapest tickets in the country, the attendances are going backwards.  now that this subject has been dealt with (by the club in my eyes) the excuse now is that the team are playing crap football or that it aint good enough to spend hard earned cash on. as it appears now, this also seems to be being dealt with.....so what now is the excuse of the fans?  good football being played by the lads, some cheap prices and good entertainment - there is now no excuse, based on the past gripes of fans. with this in mind, i am hoping that the club express their own dissapointment towards the fans.  as a whole, the club are giving the fans what they have wanted for the past few seasons...so why still no increase in attendances!!

359026[/snapback]

Steady on BBDU we've just seen 90 minutes of scintillating football that's all!

What do you want people queueing outside Ewood at 9a.m. this morning for the Everton game on December the 3rd?

We've seen several seasons of unentertaining home performances under Souness and to a lesser degree, Hughes. We've also had to put up with with several seasons of Williams and Souness going on about survival being the priority, and Souness intimating that Cup competitions are unimportant.

The message has been put right since Hughes took over and results have definitely improved since the Newcastle game but from an entertainment point of view I would suggest that of the games at home this season only the Spurs and Charlton games were particularly good performances.

If we carry on in the same vein gates should improve, if not there's a problem, but even if that proves to be the case we just have to get on with it and thank our lucky stars that gate receipts currently form such a proportionately small percentage of our revenue.

I'm not sure that for the club to openly criticise the blackburn Public is the right way to go . In fact it could be tantamount to commercial suicide.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.