• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watch out for BRISA at the game today. There will be:

Posters around the concourses

Leaflets distributed at the majority of turnstiles and stands

Information in the programme

An interview on the Big Screen

An interview on Radio Rovers

i am currently listening to radio rovers and mike graham was on there...(which board member is he, if any). he said quote "we want to look at ticket prices".....my immediate reaction is how much more do this club have to do in terms of trying to get really competitive prices to get more fans into ewood park on a match day.....i am totally bewildered by the comment by this chap that suggests the fans are still not happy with the current prices...and lets bare this in mind folks, we are one of the cheapest teams in the country to go and see play premiership football. it is (in my mind) ###### ludicrous that some areas of our support are still complaining about the prices of the tickets.

what is going on!!!!

it is (in my mind) ###### ludicrous that some areas of our support are still complaining about the prices of the tickets.

That`s because tickets are expensive.

I only get paid so much per month & i have to budget/balance my incomings & outgoings.

It`s pretty simple, if money is tight, i don`t go to the match.

BRFC don`t pay my bills.....i do.

i am currently listening to radio rovers and mike graham was on there...(which board member is he, if any). he said quote "we want to look at ticket prices".....my immediate reaction is how much more do this club have to do in terms of trying to get really competitive prices to get more fans into ewood park on a match day.....i am totally bewildered by the comment by this chap that suggests the fans are still not happy with the current prices...and lets bare this in mind folks, we are one of the cheapest teams in the country to go and see play premiership football.  it is (in my mind) ###### ludicrous that some areas of our support are still complaining about the prices of the tickets.

what is going on!!!!

355119[/snapback]

I haven't seen the interview yet, but from the press release BRISA did, ticket prices full under the heading of "national issues" rather than Rovers related ones (i.e. the silly prices we're getting charged at Chelsea). Few would argue Rovers have some of the best value for money tickets in the EPL.

What's more worrying (and hopefully something BRISA can help the club address) is why despite Rovers charging relatively little compared to other clubs are we NOT seeing a proportionate increase in fans.

As for Mike's board identity, I don't think I'm giving anything away (because you can work it out from the minutes) that it's Preston Blue.

i am currently listening to radio rovers and mike graham was on there...(which board member is he, if any). he said quote "we want to look at ticket prices".....my immediate reaction is how much more do this club have to do in terms of trying to get really competitive prices to get more fans into ewood park on a match day.....i am totally bewildered by the comment by this chap that suggests the fans are still not happy with the current prices...and lets bare this in mind folks, we are one of the cheapest teams in the country to go and see play premiership football.  it is (in my mind) ###### ludicrous that some areas of our support are still complaining about the prices of the tickets.

what is going on!!!!

355119[/snapback]

First of all, Mike Graham is the acting chairman of BRISA. Now I haven't listened to Mike's interview myself, but I'd suggest he was trying to make the following points.

Rovers may have some of the cheapest ticket prices in the Premiership, but that doesn't mean they are cheap. When compared to other entertainment activities they are far from cheap. The cost to watch Premiership football is ridiculous and needs to come down across the board if the clubs want to get fans back.

However, I understand that Rovers need to compete financially with the other clubs and, as such, are hardly in a position to cut their prices independently. This is where I can see BRISA getting involved. BRISA can link up with the supporters groups of the other Premiership clubs and try to exert pressure on the league collectively.

One of the things BRISA want to do is to join the Football Supporters Federation (FSF). The FSF campaign nationally on many issues affecting football fans - ticket prices being just one of those issues. By joining the FSF BRISA will be able to meet regularly with other clubs' supporters groups and will be able to discuss, help and partake in national campaigns that will hopefully put pressure on the main bodies that run the game.

In summary, BRISA won't be going to the Rovers board and asking them directly to reduce prices. However, we will hopefully be campaigning, alongside fans of all the other Premiership clubs, to put pressure collectively on the footballing governing bodies.

The other thing I'd like to add is that we are all just trying to do our best. None of us involved with BRISA have any real experience of this sort of thing, we're simply a bunch of Rovers fans who want to promote the collective views of the fans to the club and media alike.

We won't get everything right, we may not get much right (who knows), but we will be doing our best. We need as much help as possible to be successful and we welcome any ideas, constructive feedback, professional help, anything really!

If you feel that we are doing a crap job, and that you can do better, then I urge you to join up and get involved. I'm sure any of us involved with BRISA would be happy to stand aside if someone better came along.

Edited by Scotty

I walk down the LBR and sit in the Darwen End. I did not see any leaflets, or adverts at all today. I was also looking out for them.

355248[/snapback]

Me and my mate got handed a leaflet today whilst approaching the bbe and i will be defo signing up online. I think this is a good idea and agree that ticket prices is an important issue (not partiularly at rovers but nationally!). Good work guys smile.gifrover.gif

I walk down the LBR and sit in the Darwen End. I did not see any leaflets, or adverts at all today. I was also looking out for them.

355248[/snapback]

Erm,

I shall hold my hands up on that one ozz, I thought I had covered all areas with offers of help, but I believe that there were two entrances left unstaffed.

More going out at the Leeds game...

All Blackburn Rovers supporters are invited to the public launch of BRISA at the Blues Bar, Ewood Park,

Thursday October 27 at 7.30pm

(from front page of BRFCS)

Scotty....One of the things BRISA want to do is to join the Football Supporters Federation (FSF).

.....has that been put to a democratic vote yet? wink.gif

Likewise, though I sit in the morgue wink.gif

355337[/snapback]

When I spotted nobody was coming onto the Riverside with a flyer in their hand I got to steward to let me through so I could hand them out just inside the turnstiles. I only managed about 20 mins though before I had to get back to the BBE for kickoff.

All Blackburn Rovers supporters are invited to the public launch of BRISA at the Blues Bar, Ewood Park,

Thursday October 27 at 7.30pm

(from front page of BRFCS)

.....has that been put to a democratic vote yet?  wink.gif

355329[/snapback]

No, obviously as BRISA hasn't even officially launched yet, it hasn't. But, when it does, I don't think there will be a problem.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.