BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Tugay - Who Next?

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

....and an offer of £50 million would probably be enough for Henry - what's your point?

We don't have £4m, and even if we did do you seriously think we'd spend it on a 16 year old??

355863[/snapback]

If we are up around 8th - 10th in January then surely the board would look to bolster the squad further and push on.

Its £4 million on a young player, rather than £4 million on a player who is around 30 and which we aint going to be able to sell on for more.

If we are up around 8th - 10th in January then surely the board would look to bolster the squad further and push on.

Its £4 million on a young player, rather than £4 million on a player who is around 30 and which we aint going to be able to sell on for more.

355868[/snapback]

Can I come and live in your risk-free world please Hughesy?

If he turns out to be another Rooney we'd be quids in : plays for us for a couple of seasons then flog him for 20 million. If he's more of a Kevin Davies, or he gets a nasty injury, we might get a dozen games out of him and he goes on a free. Want to gamble the future of the club on it?

well at least tems like Chalton, Bolton particularly, maybe Wigan and West ham prove its not all about money, just ask Boro, Everton who just seem to waste s**t loads lately.

Football becoming more about being a good manager then having a giant cheque book, bar three or four teams

I'd have Dunn back tomorrow. Obviously he's been injured recently, but i'm sure he'll make a contribution to Brum's season. I think it was a terrible mistake selling Dunny, he loved the club and if it wasn't for Souness, he'd probably still be here now.

Not sure who's coming through the Academy at the moment, I think Sergio Peter may be the next to be given a chance.

I'd have Dunn back tomorrow.  Obviously he's been injured recently, but i'm sure he'll make a contribution to Brum's season.  I think it was a terrible mistake selling Dunny, he loved the club and if it wasn't for Souness, he'd probably still be here now.

Not sure who's coming through the Academy at the moment, I think Sergio Peter may be the next to be given a chance.

355924[/snapback]

but he's always juried, can't really call it a mistake, sure players like Reid, Emerton and Dickov have not set the world on fire but at least they are available and there is three from the sale of one

Would require Savage to play a much more defensive role but Koumas would certainly inject a bit of imagination into our side. Failing him, Phil Jagielka is proving himself as one of the best central midfielders outside of the Premiership, albeit in a more defensive role.

We can band names about all day but one thing is for certain, we need a genuine replacement for Tugay and we are unlikely to have a lot of money to achieve that objective.

Jagielka has a £5m tag on his head according the SUFC manager Wazzock.

Koumas is the type of player that could fit into our style of play.

He can certainly play a bit

He has a decent engine

He can score

and

He is an aggressive little so and so.

Will be the cheapest option for Rovers allowing any potential funds for a defdner and a loan attacker to see us make the last road to Europeean football. tinykit.gif

How about Lee Bowyer, could really give us a lethal midfield with Savage and Bowyer as our central pair...

355925[/snapback]

haha, I have this theory that Hughesy is trying to make us the most hated team in the Premier League, signing Bowyer would be his fait accompli

As an Irish person, and therefore slightly blinded normally about the skill of our team, I am telling you that signing Matty Holland would not solve our problem for very long. He may have another 2 years left in him at a decent level

On the other hand, singing Liam Miller would be a good acquisition and its not like he is getting a look in at United...

Ah Liam Miller, he has been forgotten hasn't he

I remember when he was the next big thing for Celtic and he brushed them to play for United.  Has he played a senior game for them yet?

356053[/snapback]

Champs League and Domestic cup games I believe.

I thought L.Miller was more of a RH midfielder unsure.gif

Miller was unfortunate to get that 'new Roy Keane' label. He's much more similar to Paul Scholes. He's excellent on the ball, good passer and all that business - plus he has plenty of goals in him.

Not sure what his status is with regard to injury but from what I saw at Celtic he'd be a far better option in midfield for Utd than Alan Smith.

I've already pointed out that Tomas Graveson would be absolutely ideal......unless he's been spoilt with the amount of money that Real must be paying him.  He is strong in the tackle, plays with authority, needs a Savage type player to buzz around him like Carsley used to do and is not really a gamble as he is well proven in the Prem.  He was certainly playing a starring role at Everton until he left them.  Talk is that Everton want him back as he is not figuring much for Real, but if my memory serves me correctly he had had a big fall out with Moyes before he left.

355759[/snapback]

Gravesen has probably played in a bit over half of Madrid's games this season, although some as sub. He'll stay and fight for his place I'd expect for a while longer. If he leaves he will have offers from better sides than us I'd expect and will likely go to another team playing Champions League football.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.