BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 10 man Everton 1-0 Rovers

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

undeniably? You mean except for the world class displays against Man utd of course. wink.gif

383805[/snapback]

The dip came after those games, that's why I have referred to it as a dip.

I'll assume that you agree with the rest of the post. Thanks for your input.

Edited by OnePost

ooo sarcasm - the irony of your name hasnt gone amiss either.

And Friedal has been nowhere near as good as he was 3 seasons ago - hes still one of the best keepers in the business - unfortunately the defence is giving him no chance at the moment their goal was shocking as were the 2 scored by West Brom, one of which was the fault of Friedal who was rooted on his line

ooo sarcasm - the irony of your name hasnt gone amiss either.

And Friedal has been nowhere near as good as he was 3 seasons ago - hes still one of the best keepers in the business - unfortunately the defence is giving him no chance at the moment their goal was shocking as were the 2 scored by West Brom, one of which was the fault of Friedal who was rooted on his line

383818[/snapback]

No matter how long you wait, some things never change.

What exactly are the credentials to be a moderator? It's obviously not a grasp of English nor an understanding of the game of football.

Where's the sarcasm that you refer to?

Finally, I'm confident that there's not even a hint of irony in your name.

No matter how long you wait, some things never change.

What exactly are the credentials to be a moderator? It's obviously not a grasp of English nor an understanding of the game of football.

Where's the sarcasm that you refer to?

Finally, I'm confident that there's not even a hint of irony in your name.

383821[/snapback]

what do you suggest?

put enks in goal? laugh.gif

friedel is immense, the guy is top drawer!!

how many clean sheets has he had this season??

and i've seen countless times when he has won game after game for us . rover.gif

what do you suggest?

put enks in goal?  :lol:

friedel is immense, the guy is top drawer!!

how many clean sheets has he had this season??

and i've seen countless times when he has won game after game for us . :rover:

383828[/snapback]

What's up with you people? Can't you read?

"Although Freidel is undeniably going through a dip in form, HE WAS NOT AT FAULT for any of the "goals". For the McFadden missed opportunity I think he was."

Everton's goal wasn't shocking, they exploited our weakness. Arteta "won" them a free-kick and proceeded to deliver the ball exactly were it would hurt, and Beattie timed his run brilliantly. It was a good goal, dissappointing but not "shocking".

I think it's 7 clean sheets in the league, from which we have amassed 17 points. What's your point? I might say "How many times have we conceded more than 2" and lost 15 points. Clean sheets aren't solely down to the goalkeeper.

Do you have to be really 'ard to live on Stone Island?

Edited by OnePost

oh yeah and can you spell ard??

hard is the correct punctuation laugh.gif

383838[/snapback]

withstupid.gifblink.gifmad.gifph34r.gif Hope that helps you through the comprehension challenges.

You're right, now I can see my mistake and the error of my ways. Friedel never makes any mistakes, he's impenetrable and never puts a foot wrong.

(For the benefit of Flopsy, the above is an example of sarcasm)

Edited by OnePost

withstupid.gif  blink.gif  mad.gif  ph34r.gif 

Hope that helps you through the comprehension challenges.

You're right, now I can see my mistake and the error of my ways. Friedel never makes any mistakes, he's impenetrable and never puts a foot wrong.

383845[/snapback]

don't you think after being so called onepost you have elaborated a bit to much this afternoon and gone to the posting well to often??

or can't you count? laugh.gif

Which was my point, but Mr Post was obviously too busy trying to work out what his point out to get it.

One Post whos posted 65 times at time of this posting. Who seems to be having a very difficult time comprehending any irony in that.

And their goal was shocking. It was a perfect goal from Evertons point of view, perfectly weighted and perfectly struck by Beattie, but, where was the defence and where was Friedal? Standing around looking at their Dubai guide books. They could have at least tried to challenge Beattie but there wasnt anyone within 5m of him when he struck the ball.

Friedal is a good keeper who is sometimes great. I have worries about his positioning and tactical analysis sometimes. As in his seeming inability to save direct free kicks that go anywhere but straight at him.

Anyone remember a 40 yard shot from ManCity a few years ago.

And I still blame him for the first goal against West Brom. Ive seen 100 year old Oaks more mobile than he was for that one

What made the game worse for me, and quite frankly means I won't be attending anymore away games in the near future, was the fact that I had a bunch of racist idiots sat behind me that disgusted me.

It was only a minority, but they made my day worse by not singing one song that wasn't insulting some race, or ethnic background.

I'm white and from a lancashire town and was brought up with some small minded people like this, but it is a very long time since I have heard such things as on Saturday anywhere, let alone at a football match.

I really thought we had all grown up and moved on from this, and to think the number of times people have asked why we can't attract the asian population of the area to a football match.

A bad day, was made worse by these idiots. Thankyou.

383807[/snapback]

Too true Gull. How many times do we have comments on attendance threads about attracting the Asian population to Ewood Park?Five minutes of these brain dead morons chants can wipe out years of effort put in by BRFC.And before any of the yes but, yes but crowd start, chants about Paki bashing should nauseate decent people of any political persuasion.

I kind of had a sinking feeling that Rovers would do this after Manure. It seems to happen to us where we beat a decent team and then go on a bit of dip in form.

This is problem with Rovers, in the fact that we are not consistant enough. I am sure Hughes will get the players motivated for Sunderland and hopefully, touch wood, get a win.

Why - because they had 10 men?  Football is littered with teams who lost to 10 men.

383769[/snapback]

C'mon Den. Not for 80 mins! And not against 10 men who could easily have won 3 or 4 - nil! And not without having just one deflected shot and a weak header on target against a rookie keeper. Wiggy said to me after Turner was sent off on 9 minutes "I hate these situations the rookie always plays a blinder" Well with 2 weak late attempts on target he hardly had to pull out any stops had he?

According to the press and media we are supposed to be the Dogs of War team but 10 men Everton brushed us aside like wet-nosed poodle pups. From what I have seen we have simply lost the plot since beating Man Utd.

Edited by thenodrog

C'mon Den.  Not for 80 mins!  And not against 10 men who could easily have won 3 or 4 - nil!  And not without having just one deflected shot and a weak header on target against a rookie keeper.  Wiggy said to me after Turner was sent off on 9 minutes "I hate these situations the rookie always plays a blinder"  Well with 2 weak late attempts on target he hardly had to pull out any stops had he?

According to the press and media we are supposed to be the Dogs of War team but 10 men Everton brushed us aside like wet-nosed poodle pups.  From what I have seen we have simply lost the plot since beating Man Utd.

383929[/snapback]

I did say that I might be developing blue and white eyes Gord. smile.gif

I look at the performance at goodison and then look at the performance at St James, where we were 3 down after about ten minutes and could have lost by 7 or 8 had Newcastle kept going, in Soueys first game in charge of Newcastle and there's no comparison.

Which was my point, but Mr Post was obviously too busy trying to work out what his point out to get it.

383861[/snapback]

Maybe if you learnt to express yourself a bit better...............

Who seems to be having a very difficult time comprehending any irony in that

383861[/snapback]

Now I get it, "Yeah his name's OnePost but he's posted more than once" followed by a self-satisfied guffaw.

You were originally, and incorrectly, having a go at me for being sarcastic in my response to Den. Make your mind up, which one is it, sarcasm or irony?

If you weren't so intent on being pompous, I might be inclined to agree with your observations on Friedel, and try to illustrate with examples his apparent weaknesses when defending play from his left-hand side. Which makes the save from Van Nistelrooy's header all the more remarkable.

As it is, your moniker brings to mind a flaccid appendage.................

Queue more hilarity from the undereducated twerp and Freidel's lovechild.

By the way, Jansen plays for Bolton now, but I'm guessing that your avatar is neither ironic nor sarcastic but just another dimwitted display of hero worship.huh.gif Hope the smiley helps you understand.

Edited by OnePost

Queue more hilarity from the undereducated twerp and Freidel's lovechild.

By the way, Jansen plays for Bolton now, but I'm guessing that your avatar is neither ironic nor sarcastic but just another dimwitted display of hero worship.huh.gif  Hope the smiley helps you understand.

383947[/snapback]

as im from stone island where its "ard" the only smiley i understand is the chelsea smile ohmy.gif

my avatar is jansen yeah, didn't you see his contribution to rovers in our promotion season and our first year back in the premiership where he was also top goal scorer in our carling cup success, i guess not.

for someone who has been in a coma and made a comeback to premiership football maybe deserves a little credit don't you think?

worship maybe, but everyone is entitled to their opinion.

as for friedel's love child, i think your posting messages in the wrong chat forum mate, even the wrong website rolleyes.gif

now put your handbag away and take a look at yourself in the mirror

Ive not read the whole thread but some of the replies are down right crazy.

I cant believe people are trying to defend the performance by saying 'its hard to play against 10 men', 'they put everyone behind the ball' etc.

Has it escaped your attention that the score was NIL-NIL at the point of the sending off?? They didn't hang on with 10 men, they BEAT us fair and square with 10 men. Lets be honest, TV replays show that at least one of their disallowed goals was perfectly legitimate so it could have been worse.

I think this is the pattern for the rest of the season now. We will score some more great, maybe even unexpected, results but then we will have days like Saturday.

The midfield, the engine room, is very week IMO. Full of 'nothing' players. Im happy enough with the defence even if we probably could improve on Gray, I think the addition of a couple of midfield players and a decent partner for Bellers is a must in the summer.

I must say, I really dont understand the signing of Bentley. Long term I dont think he is good enough to command a place in the first 11 and it wreaks of a panic buy to me.

I must say, I really dont understand the signing of Bentley. Long term I dont think he is good enough to command a place in the first 11 and it wreaks of a panic buy to me.

384012[/snapback]

Why didn't you come on the board complaining about signing Bentley after the United match ?

Most people will agree - he was worth the money for that night alone biggrin.gif

Why didn't you come on the board complaining about signing Bentley after the United match ?

Most people will agree - he was worth the money for that night alone  biggrin.gif

384016[/snapback]

Well, ive only just joined!!

One swallow does not make a summer my friend.

I just dont see where he fits in. That performabnce alone, and lets be fair 2 of those goals were tap ins, he has looked no better than average in any position IMO.

You tell me, do you honestly think that an efficiently performing Blackburn Rovers machine would include David Bentley?? Not for me. He is just a luxury player that clubs like ours cannot afford to accomodate.

I am not saying that he will become a star - as you say one swallow doesn't make a summer. Though I do beleive that he has enough potential to take a risk with - it will just be a question of how he develops from this point on.

My main point was (as everyone at the match will agree)

Ticket £32

Bentley - £500k

Seeing him score a hat trick against United - priceless

For everything else - there's Rio

biggrin.gif

Edited by DavidMailsTightPerm

withstupid.gif  blink.gif  mad.gif  ph34r.gif 

383845[/snapback]

That may well have been the case a couple of seasons ago but whilst Friedel is still an excellent keeper his postioning and command of his area has become increasingly erratic .

This is my Onepost on the subject and hopefully Flopsy and Jansenpresty will not be too thick to understand it....

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.