BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 10 man Everton 1-0 Rovers

Is it just me or does your volume of posts increase after a run of dismal crap.  You did not seem very prolifant after our good run. dry.gif  Hey, look on the bright side we've now played 3 games against ManU and the scores are tied, nah that would not do would it, nowt to whine about there, sorry rev but I am as disappointed as you, reality is we were punching above our weight, we knew we were not that good and the results just happened to go our way.

In timeless true Rovers fashion we peak the interest of the public then let 'em down with a couple of performances that make em say same ol Rovers.  Nowt changes.

383444[/snapback]

i think mine do, when we are winning i like to just enjoy the run and not waste time here, when we are losing is when topics are interesting, peoples reaction and solutions.

Only lately dispite winning i'm finding Kuqi was a matter of concern, but now is a several problems

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The consant blame on Emerton is nothing but disgracefull, the David Bentley of not deliverying, apart from Man U when he got two fluke goals, isnt getting half of the ###### that Brett takes every week that Rovers dont deliver.

Today, as the the commentators stated, none of the so called forwards made any runs that could trigger anything at all happenin in the last third off the pitch. To leave it all to Emo and the midfield to solve without runs is impossible. Lay the blame on someone who deserves the blame.

383468[/snapback]

they were not fluke, see the Daivd Bentley thread they were all amazing goals according to some people on that thread(you know know you are)

I agree really, Bentley is talented but to deliever consistently in the premiership, thats a different matter, hopefully with time he's going to get allot better

It's just that felt a bit like that cop in the series 'Life on Mars' ... you know ... the one who has been transported back to the early '70s. There I was sitting in a decrepit wooden stand watching crap football with a group of neanderthals who seemed to have an obsession with the word 'paki'.

383462[/snapback]

So you were sitting with Phil and Gordon!?!?

(Sorry guys, just kidding, but I couldn't resist.)

It's just that felt a bit like that cop in the series 'Life on Mars' ... you know ... the one who has been transported back to the early '70s. There I was sitting in a decrepit wooden stand watching crap football with a group of neanderthals who seemed to have an obsession with the word 'paki'.

My experience away at United I'm afraid. A bunch of low life scum.

###### ###### ######.

(I havent read what has been said beforefe (I knowhthats bad) but

Everton where top ###### todayt

Rovers didnt plsay to theyr stranegths - play ALONG THE GROUNG RATHER THAN HOOF IN THE AUE

FOOK RTHIS WE WERE WQNK

Habe bben out most of the sday with erverotn fans u undertand - its been alooong day

I watched the match in a pub near accrington so here are a few thoughts.

The most inportant part of the team is the spine. center half, middle field, center forward. if one part plays badly its a hard day at the office, however if they all fail to play, then its what we had today, no chance.

There is no one who will boss the middle of the pitch, lose that and you lose the game, we need a player who can both attack and defend, there cost a lot of money, but we need one in the summer.

As for this season is just getting as many points as we can starting with our next home match. thumbs-up.gif

Disgraceful, i'll add more later but that sums it up fo now. 2 weeks and probably £200 spent or thereabout, well no more. Charlton i'll go to as it's last game of the season but apart from that it's the home games for me as a season ticket holder. What kind of effort is that? None whatsoever, just like the players have put in for the last two weeks effin disgraceful lazy arseholes, not one can take an ounce of credit. Sorry if it seems harsh but it's 5 hours since the game and i'm still fuming at what I saw.

When Everton went down to ten men the Rovers players seemed to relax thinking that was it - how poor they are without effort to back them up.

Gray, Todd and Nelsen were shocking at the back with Gray and Todd being especially poor for a few games now. I bet Jonathan Stead cant wait for wednesday to come to break his duck against our duckheads.

Pongolle was garbage to put it mildly and didnt look a threat at all, in fact Kuqi looked far better when he came on that says it all for me.

Subbing Bentley instead of Pongolle seemed a strange decision for me but i think Peters has a great future especially with some of the donkeys we have at the moment.

I am gutted about the result

on my way to work I listened as Rovers started well but seemed to be lucky not to be at least 1-0 down. Then we get the best bit of luck when the keeper sent packing after just 8 minutes. Everton down to 10 with 80 minutes to play.

What I listened to after that was just utter garbage, now evidenced even furhter by our inept display on motd.

A win today with a win on Wednesday would have seen us cement 6th place at least. Now we have lost a bit of ground especially after todays results whent our way.

My late night can just doesnt taste so nice right now.

sad.gif

Disgraceful, i'll add more later but that sums it up fo now.  2 weeks and probably £200 spent or thereabout, well no more.  Charlton i'll go to as it's last game of the season but apart from that it's the home games for me as a season ticket holder.  What kind of effort is that?  None whatsoever, just like the players have put in for the last two weeks effin disgraceful lazy arseholes, not one can take an ounce of credit.  Sorry if it seems harsh but it's 5 hours since the game and i'm still fuming at what I saw.

383489[/snapback]

We were rubbish but it wasn't down to lack of effort, it was down to us having no bit of skill out of the ordinary to create a chance. The team ran a lot, they passed a lot and they were completely lacking in ideas. It was the same time and time again - pass it sideways, then back, the forward, then back again, then run out of patience and lump forward to our two resident shortarses up front. Good tactics...that Bellamy is really going to win headers against David Weir isn't he? unsure.gif

After all the slating Kuqi has received on here it was interesting to note that his first touch was to knock down a long punt forward. It must have been the first header that any of our forwards had won all game yet we must havem knocked dozens forward.

Reid seemed to play well and did the kind of job that Savage should have done. Savage was largely absent today though, he couldn't even get the home fans worked up so that shows how anonymous he must have been. mad.gif

The most interesting part of the day was when Everton scored and some fat scouser at the front jumped up, turned around and, with chubby grin on t' face, shoved his fist in our general direction. Said scouser (who was with a kid in a wheelchair) got moved on by the stewards but it says it all about the afternoon that it was about the most interesting thing to happen. Rovers themselves certainly provided nothing of interest.

Today it looked as if Hughes has created a team that can run all day and pass all day but when it comes to that extra bit of flair needed to break down a well-organised team like Everton they are lacking. Teams like United aren't so difficult to break down as they are so attack-minded, today Everton stood up to us and all we could seem to do was pump forward long balls.

Poor do but hey...Sunderland next thumbs-up.gif We should do better against them surely???

All I can say is that I urge all of us not to get too depressed and critical of the team. It is true that two weeks in a row we have been well below par and well beaten by two teams who based on league performances this season we would hope to take at least points from, but it isn't that simple.

Everton are on the up at the moment, a team in form, much like ourselves, and there is no disgrace in losing to them, even if they were down to ten men, once they get a lead they very rarely surrender it, bad day at the office. Last week we had another bad day and lost to team we really SHOULD beat, but West Brom are very good on their day.

Football is like this, youre cream of the crop beating Manchester United next week and just after you struggle. Look at West Brom today, Chelsea, it isn't something that we alone suffer from. In two weeks time if we've picked up points we'll probably be back in as one of the top teams to get into Europe and we'll be very happy. We've been fortunate that in the past two weeks we have dropped points but the teams around us haven't picked any up either. We've missed two good opportunities to win, but our situation isn't much worse.

We have too many players that don't have a good first touch, can't read the game and far too often, can't pass straight.

How about adding further to your earlier post MB.

383504[/snapback]

To be honest i'm still very peed off as i'm sure many more are so i'm not really being all that objective. However if people are seriously suggesting that we did not lack for effort today then i'm amazed. Certainly if it wasn't lack of effort it was lack of application, like I said as one off it's bad, but two weeks running is simply disgusting, and that is not too harsh.

Let's look at individuals today, Friedel didn't command his area, Nelsen was embarrasing, Gray was awful, Neill was lazy, Savage was pathetic, Tugay was no better. I could go on all night. Although it could be argued we pushed up in the 2nd half we never really went for it. It was all so lethargic, simply Everton wanted it more, quality didn't come into it, there was none.

A very sad day indeed. We were outfought for every single ball today. We got almost all the decisions off the ref, played 10 men for 80 mins and were still totally pathetic, Match of the Day didn't show the half of it.

It's galling when you shell out a lot of money and see poor performances. But looking at the season as a whole, we are still doing better than we could have hoped in August, or November for that matter. All mid table teams ahve good and bad runs - it's our turn for the results to go agaisnt us. Afterall it's only a bloody game.

We were rubbish but it wasn't down to lack of effort,

383501[/snapback]

Yes it was! Against 10 men our players did not put enough effort in OFF THE BALL! poor options is why there was so much bad passing.... its difficult to pass to a player who is closely marked. Teams only flounder against 10 men cos they relax and assume that the other team will capitulate. Everton worked like blacks and got the result they deserved. We do not appear to have a proper captain on the field driving the team on!

The worrying thing is that over the last 2 seasons, under both Souness and Hughes, there's been a marked downturn in both the performance and commitment levels the minute we were "safe."

The same seems to be happening again this season. With 14 games to go! blink.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.