BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 10 man Everton 1-0 Rovers

Jon Stead hat-trcik vs Rovers. We are defending like kids, the midfield, well what midfield? and our strikers, where are they?

I know Everton are not a bad side, but we need to be beating sides like them if we want to get into Europe. Saying that though, the last time we qualified for Europe, we were beaten by Everton twice along the way and we still finshed above them in sixth place. I hope the same happens this season.

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very poor performance.

I can take losing, but we werent even putting them under any pressure at all. For Gods sake they had an 18 year old in goal and we didnt even test him!!!

We missed MGP today for sure.

Sinama only looked good in two moves and shouldve scored.

Bellamy was barely involved.

Just answer me this, why were we sending 100 crosses into the box when our two strikers are well under 6 feet tall?

Very poor. Time to pick the boys up for Sunderland...I think we just threw away any fantasies about Champs League, and possibly made ourselves outsiders for a UEFA Cup place too. Now we have to watch our backs cause Everton are right up there too.

Kudos to Everton, they deserved it!

Ashamed to be a Rover after that display.

We should have been 2-0 down after 10 minutes.

Then handed the game on a plate on 13 minutes by the young keeper making a mistake and getting sent off. It was however the 75th minute before we made their 4th choice keeper make a save!

In between ten man Everton had the ball in the net on another 3 occasions. On another day two of the ruled out efforts might have been given.

Shocking piece of defending by Neill for the goal but why weren't either Nelsen or Todd detailed to mark Beattie?

I got slaughtered early on in the season for criticising Friedel and yes, he did pull out one superb performance at OT in the Cup, but again on this performance he is on his way out.

No performances from any of our "big" players today Friedel, Nelsen, Savage, Bellamy.

Emerton seemingly has no future at the club, with Pedersen out he should have been playing out of his skin to stake his claim for a place in the side and came up with..........nothing. No drive, enthusiasm, ingenuity,nothing.

Only young Sergio Peter who came on as a late sub performed with any credit.

If the performances of the last two games carry on, we'll get half a dozen or so more points and the season will sink without trace.

Attract missing fans back to Ewood, you're having a larf.

We've now played an hour against ten man Bolton and 80 minutes v ten man Everton and scored no goals and got one point.

Very low after today. Will take me a long time to get over this one.

Ashamed to be a Rover after that display.

We should have been 2-0 down after 10 minutes.

Then handed the game on a plate on 13 minutes by the young keeper making a mistake and getting sent off. It was however the 75th minute before we made their 4th choice keeper make a save!

In between  ten man Everton had the ball in the net on another 3 occasions. On another day two of the ruled out efforts might have been given.

Shocking piece of defending by Neill for the goal but why weren't either Nelsen or Todd detailed to mark Beattie?

I got slaughtered early on in the season for criticising Friedel and yes, he did pull out one superb performance at OT in the Cup, but again on this performance he is on his way out.

No performances from any of our "big" players today Friedel, Nelsen, Savage, Bellamy.

Emerton seemingly has no future at the club, with Pedersen out he should have been playing out of his skin to stake his claim for a place in the side and came up with..........nothing. No drive, enthusiasm, ingenuity,nothing.

Only young Sergio Peter who came on as a late sub performed with any credit.

If the performances of the last two games carry on, we'll get half a dozen or so more points and the season will sink without trace.

Attract missing fans back to Ewood, you're having a larf.

We've now played an hour against ten man Bolton and 80 minutes v ten man Everton and scored no goals and got  one point.

Very low after today. Will take me a long time to get over this one.

383441[/snapback]

Is it just me or does your volume of posts increase after a run of dismal crap. You did not seem very prolifant after our good run. dry.gif Hey, look on the bright side we've now played 3 games against ManU and the scores are tied, nah that would not do would it, nowt to whine about there, sorry rev but I am as disappointed as you, reality is we were punching above our weight, we knew we were not that good and the results just happened to go our way.

In timeless true Rovers fashion we peak the interest of the public then let 'em down with a couple of performances that make em say same ol Rovers. Nowt changes.

We only created one real chance all game, a chance Pongo should have put away easily. If you can't break down ten men you don't deserve to win.

Friedel looked shaky, Savage was poor and Pongo didn't look anything special. Bellamy was never in the game although Peter looked lively when he came on.

Overall we should have at the least got a point from that game. We must have had at least 65% of the ball in the second half but couldn't capitalise.

Oh yeah, and Areta is a cheatin f***er tongue.gif

Edited by grizfoot

Is it just me or does your volume of posts increase after a run of dismal crap.  You did not seem very prolifant after our good run. dry.gif   Hey, look on the bright side we've now played 3 games against ManU and the scores are tied, nah that would not do would it, nowt to whine about there, sorry rev but I am as disappointed as you, reality is we were punching above our weight, we knew we were not that good and the results just happened to go our way.

In timeless true Rovers fashion we peak the interest of the public then let 'em down with a couple of performances that make em say same ol Rovers.  Nowt changes.

383444[/snapback]

My internet connection was off for a week after we beat ManUre. sad.gif

Had we been playing eleven men today I'd be inclined to agree with you. But playing ten men for 77 minutes and not even testing a 4th choice keeper goes beyond the pale.

The question now is how do we react? Do we let the season slip away into nothingness or put in a strong finish?

Edited by RevidgeBlue

Out fought, out thought, out scored, out battled, out played. It could easily have been 3-0 or 4-0 against those 10 men! Macfadyan missed an absolute sitter and they had the ball in our net anothr 3 times! Congrats must be due to Moyes and Everton but they would have been beaten against most teams with 10 men for 80 mins. Our players need their arses kicking big time if this season is to be kept open. Out of 2 cups, little chance of finishing in a European place I've a feeling our lot think the season was over after doing the double over Man Utd. The drubbing of West Brom by Fulham validates this. If this carries on just think of the crowds come April!

383441[/snapback]

You need to look further than to blame brad, unless he is expected to stop an everton side who would have found it harder to face rovers women's defence.

Our defence has yet again got into suicide mode and decided that anybody who want to have a chance or two can.

With the defence of a few weeks back brad had only a couple of saves to make a match, which he did easily. Now he has to face easier opportunities presented to the opposition more frequently.

All the defence failed to turn up, midfield went missing and the strikers had nothing to feed off as a result. Brad, Bellers and Pongo are not to blame for this. The players have to stand up and be counted against sunderland, 3 points at ewood would get us nicely back on track! huh.gif

383441[/snapback]

Looking up the stats, he's already been benched for 10 games this season and been subbed in over half of his starts - 7 in 13 . Oh, and scored one flukey goal.

Hughes clearly doesn't rate him - please get rid in summer.

just back from goodison and cannot believe what i've witnessed. a kuqi header and a deflected peter shot was the closest we came.

the reasons:-

def:- lack of communication betw todd, nelson and freidel. nver seen brad look as shakey.

todd,nelson (as last week) cannot deal with a simple punt downfield.

mickey gray is struggling.

sav and reid in centre mid doesnt work! neither can pass water, means no service for the strikers and more importantly, away from home, we cannot keep the ball.

(i did post that after our 1st horror show against west ham on the opening day).

reid is more influential than sav. though that doesnt say much!

sav great engine. can run all day, that's it though! i'd rather have martin andresen! unsure.gif

emo: enough is enough. luckily hughes is also running out of patience.

(dragged off today, doubt we'll see much of him again, only as sub)

king pong: although no service, was shocking. too easily knocked off the ball, and doesnt see anyone else on the field. (hope he proves me wrong).

only players with any credit were bentley, bellamy, tugay, kuqi (for his effort) and sergio.

apologies for the rant, but having travelled up and down the country watching rovers this season (particularly the last 3 trips, west ham, brom, and everton) i need to let off some steam!

comiserations to the 3 rovers fans from peterborough, who i was talking to on the way back, if only the team had shown the same commitment as you!

Please explain.

383454[/snapback]

It's just that felt a bit like that cop in the series 'Life on Mars' ... you know ... the one who has been transported back to the early '70s. There I was sitting in a decrepit wooden stand watching crap football with a group of neanderthals who seemed to have an obsession with the word 'paki'.

The bottom line is 10 men Everton were better than us!

With the exception of Reid everybody played extremely poorly. Friedel looked dodgy, the back 4 were given the run around by Beattie, Bellamy was very quiet along with both wingers, Pongolle was terrible and Savage kept up his consistently shocking performances. I gave Hughes a standing ovation when he finally realised how bad Savage is and pulled him off. The guy is terrible and we desperatly need a creative midfielder to play along side Reid.

We may have missed Pedersen but they didn't want it enough and lost to the better team.

Roll on Sunderland....

We have taken a huge step backwards since we beat United a couple of weeks ago. I think the players have gotten into the comfort zone a bit and aren't working as hard as they were before the United game. With the way that we were playing a few weeks back, you would have looked at the last two games and thought that Rovers would have gotten three points from at least one of them. I was predicting European football, but if we keep going the way we are, then we'll be lucky if we stay in the top half of the league! Hughes needs to give them a roasting and have them in on Monday, working their bo**ocks off.

The consant blame on Emerton is nothing but disgracefull, the David Bentley of not deliverying, apart from Man U when he got two fluke goals, isnt getting half of the ###### that Brett takes every week that Rovers dont deliver.

Today, as the the commentators stated, none of the so called forwards made any runs that could trigger anything at all happenin in the last third off the pitch. To leave it all to Emo and the midfield to solve without runs is impossible. Lay the blame on someone who deserves the blame.

Today has been my 2nd away game this season (and possibly last), the first being Wigan.

What a contrast.

Today there was no passion, no commitment, and at times some of our play resembled sunday league football. Far too many passes failed to find the right man.

We could have had 60 mins injury time today, we still wouldn't have scored.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.