BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Most Annoying Football Pundit

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd go for Gabriel Clarke myself. An absolute fanny and deffo a Man Utd fan. Remember every time Van Nistelrooy scored he used to be on with "Ruud. Van. Nistelrooy. does. it again. and again and again" Shut up! Tyldsley is also deffo a Utd fan.

I rate Charlie Nicholas, Jeff Stelling, James Richardson, Guillem Ballague.

I heard Welsby had it off with Dario Gradi (allegedly).

Peter Reid's a moron, pretty much only ever talks about "they need to get the tackles in etc". Re coaching badges on Soccer Saturday; something along the lines of: "You gotta do em but you don't learn too much on them, you learn more in the bar with the boys afterwards..." Jeff Stelling: "Maybe that's why your sat here on a Saturday afternoon..."

Class....

Edited by bish1982

"Unbelievable" that no-one's brought up Chris Kamara yet....

harsh; love the guy. he's got passion... :blink:

don't like; lawro (smug pr@), garth crooks (biggest talker of waffle) and the entire RTE punditry team. someone earlier spoke of them as "refreshing" or something or other but they are the biggest whingers ever. no-one can live up to their weekly expectations even when the team they are talking about hammer the opposition. also they constantly slabber over the weiner's of the big 4 although that may be explained by the fact that on the emerald isle everyone supports them anyway... (cos irish football stinks)

Doing the commentary was he? :lol:

Anyway that dodgy tash was always ....... err ..... dodgy

"And here we are, in Soho with it all to play for, with the inititive with the plumber. He has got to grips with the situation and is forcing his opponent's back to the wall. But wait a minute, he has let his concentration slip and the homoner is dribbling all over the place..........and ooh that was a hard tackle from behind."

Alan Green

alangreenls7.jpg

There is a reason why this guy is on radio and not on TV.

IMO he's very biased towards the bigger teams, his commentary is pap - he sees/doesn't see things depending on the situation. Just a complete and utter nob.

Charlie from Soccer Saturday is top draw. I think out of all he gives the best unbiased analysis.

Garth Crooks is awful. He tries to sound like he knows it all. My Dad tells me he was a good player but he talks an awful game and manages to make some awful interviews.

As for Jamie Redknapp - well, I like him. I do think he comes across too enthusiastically and can't get his words out correctly. Contrast him with Bobby Robson when he's in the studio and that's what Jamie should aim for.

I think the BBC punditary (if that's a word, if not it should be!) is awful. Sky is far, far superior.

harsh; love the guy. he's got passion... :blink:

don't like; lawro (smug pr@), garth crooks (biggest talker of waffle) and the entire RTE punditry team. someone earlier spoke of them as "refreshing" or something or other but they are the biggest whingers ever. no-one can live up to their weekly expectations even when the team they are talking about hammer the opposition. also they constantly slabber over the weiner's of the big 4 although that may be explained by the fact that on the emerald isle everyone supports them anyway... (cos irish football stinks)

Derry City did very well under Steven Kenny. Unfortunately he does not seem to be working his magic at Dunfermline as yet! <_<

Edited by Fife Rover

Charlie from Soccer Saturday is top draw. I think out of all he gives the best unbiased analysis.

Garth Crooks is awful. He tries to sound like he knows it all. My Dad tells me he was a good player but he talks an awful game and manages to make some awful interviews.

As for Jamie Redknapp - well, I like him. I do think he comes across too enthusiastically and can't get his words out correctly. Contrast him with Bobby Robson when he's in the studio and that's what Jamie should aim for.

I think the BBC punditary (if that's a word, if not it should be!) is awful. Sky is far, far superior.

Just take the "a" out and it is. :)

I love the enthusiasm of Wrighty and Kamara. They`re the sort of blokes who would watch any game with any of us no matter what level and still be as excited. Nowt wrong with that.

Motson and Lawro = well its ridiculous

Couldn't believe the very guarded criticism of England yesterday by all the pundits I heard. Apologies if any of them said what the fans were really thinking but I didn't hear it. What's the point of being a pundit if you're scared of saying that was rubbish, especially on a night when if you'd dared to be really harsh 99% of the country would be behind you.

Jamie Redknap was awful yesterday on Sky. Spent the whole of half time moaning that the Israel defender hadn't been sent off instead of slating the Enlgand performance.

Hansen is still the best pundit after all these years. With prob Andy Gray next.

Of the commentators Jonathon Pearce is by far the best, and Clive Tyldsley the worst of a bad lot.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.