BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Most Annoying Football Pundit

Sounds like we'll no longer have LeSulk to kick around

tongue.gif

No loss !

395183[/snapback]

"Graeme Le Saux was moved off the England commentary team because the BBC felt for games of this significance the audience would want the experience and expertise Mark Lawrenson brings to the commentary box."

Surely they jest?! blink.gif

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like we'll no longer have LeSulk to kick around

Another link on the story below:

Le Saux spits his dummy out.

It seems that in the battle of the handbags betweeen Mark Lawrenson and Le Saux, Graeme lost out. He was informed that he wouldn't be commentating on the major England games this summer - and in typical style he spat his dummy out. Oh well....

......and yet they've kept the cartoon character Motson on , who must be at least twenty years past his sell by date . huh.gif

Looks like ITV for the big games' match commentary with a brief interlude at half time for the Beeb to avoid the adverts .

Another link on the story below:

Le Saux spits his dummy out.

It seems that in the battle of the handbags betweeen Mark Lawrenson and Le Saux, Graeme lost out. He was informed that he wouldn't be commentating on the major England games this summer - and in typical style he spat his dummy out. Oh well....

395420[/snapback]

Did you pen that article Smiffy?

If not you have a kindred spirit in the journalistic world biggrin.gif

And the muppet mentioned Paul Dickov twice during plays AFTER was replaced by Kuqi.

396239[/snapback]

Yeah, "I don't think that's a foul on Dickov." I'd hope not. blink.gif Which reminds me, that was a blatant penalty. Damn referee.

• 11 months later...

Mark Bright was bloody awful as a co-commentator with Motson last night for the Spurs/Chelsea match.

I can't quite understand why Mark Bright and Ian Wright have been employed by the BBC. Well maybe there's one possible reason - but I better not say it....

Some of the Irish football pundits on RTE make a refreshing change from the Beeb. Despite Liverpool beating Barcelona over two legs in the Champions League a couple of weeks ago, Liverpool were slated by Eamon Dunphy after the 2nd leg match at Anfield.

Check out the video link below. I don't entirely agree with Dunphy - but you couldn't accuse him of being dour or sitting on the fence.

I'd say all of them except the radio 5 people apart from that whinging turd Alan Green. John Motson is one of the worst, with his senile witterings. He is like Rainman with the stats, but I really don't give a crap about how many goals Rooney has scored by converting a cross with his bell end.

I'd say all of them except the radio 5 people apart from that whinging turd Alan Green. John Motson is one of the worst, with his senile witterings. He is like Rainman with the stats, but I really don't give a crap about how many goals Rooney has scored by converting a cross with his bell end.

I used to dislike Alan Green but I have heard him defend our corner on more than one occaision especially from Arsenal fans after the cup games.

I suppose he does whinge a bit for somebody who has such a fantastic job but anyone who stands by the Rovers is ok by me,

Edited by mike at picture

For me it all stems from a game against Villa when Hodgson was manager. Stefan Henchoz does a foul that may have warranted a sending off in the first half with the score at 1-0 to us, and Green then proceeds to bitch endlessly about that decision, whilst we wallop them 4-0 or 5-0. Every time Henchoz touched the ball the moaning Mick gripes that he shouldn't be there, and even when the play is far away from Stefan Green goes on and on about how the game may have been different if Henchoz did get sent off. He is just one of those nobs who thinks that just because he speaks his mind constantly, it makes him some sort of 'man of the people' or whatever.

Mark Bright was bloody awful as a co-commentator with Motson last night for the Spurs/Chelsea match.

I can't quite understand why Mark Bright and Ian Wright have been employed by the BBC. Well maybe there's one possible reason - but I better not say it....

Why not ? You usually do .
Sorry Jim but if you're as thick as they are and are allowed on the BBC there is only one explanation.

I like Mark Bright, but obviously Wright is a deeply annoying man, jsut like most of the pundits.

Not sure what the colour of their skin has got to do with then AESF.

Maybe they shouldn't have any black pundits at all. Would that make you happy.

And what are we celebrating 200 years of?

Shame the message hasn't got down to the gutter yet.

Another vote for Mark Bright.

Not only is his voice incredibly irritating, but he also adds nothing to the commentary by way of insight or analysis. His contribution seems to consist solely of providing a voice-over to replays, whereby he'll simply describe everything that's already just happened in the most tedious way imaginable - whilst on occasion, purposefully lifting the pitch of his odious voice in a attempt to convey excitement.

Yet another terrible pundit, as, unfortunately, the vast majority seem to be.

Unfortunately that can end up worse, Green and co tend to dwell upon an incident and try their upmost to sensationalise it at the expense of the listener knowing wtf is happening with the game! ;)

Green is the only one which i cant stand on 5 live. self righteous git who has an opinion on everything ranging from the cups of tea through to the strip of the referee. talk about the bloody game you stupid man!!!!!

Another vote for Mark Bright.

Not only is his voice incredibly irritating, but he also adds nothing to the commentary by way of insight or analysis. His contribution seems to consist solely of providing a voice-over to replays, whereby he'll simply describe everything that's already just happened in the most tedious way imaginable - whilst on occasion, purposefully lifting the pitch of his odious voice in a attempt to convey excitement.

Yet another terrible pundit, as, unfortunately, the vast majority seem to be.

On Monday Brighty was commentating with Motson. Immediately I thought oh no. During the commentary I heard Motson drivalling on about something when I heard Brighty say 'Quality'.

'Quality' what Brighty? Breasts? Legs? biscuits? What?

I think he is lining himself up for the next Bernard Mathews adverts.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.