BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Peter Crouch Robot Dance

grizfoot

He is hardly a @#/? player. He has performed well for Liverpool all season and scored a very good goal for England the other night.

He might not be a great player, or even good enough for the England squad (although I think he is) but he is hardly @#/?. Some people really amaze me.

I actually quite like him as a player. Surprisingly good footballer for a big chap IMO.

Therein lies the problem. I agree he's a decent player technically. Unfortunately he's woeful in the air and has the upper body strength of a small child, probably their acceleration capabilities too. When you add it all together he's pretty @#/?.

I'd much rather have Ashton, Beattie, even Davis if you're wanting to play a big (ish) player upfront to support Owen.

If a shorter striker had his touch and lack of aerial ability, you'd all be clamoring for him to play. Just because he's tall doesn't mean his game has to be tall.

The theory I've heard is that because Crouch has always been so much taller than his peers, he has never really had to jump to win headers, therefore his back muscles have not developed.

I've been very impressed. Technically, he has always been good but he has definitely improved at Benitez and he has scored more headers. He's high on confidence, which can only be good for England.

He has been mocked by all and sundry but just think how much of an improvement he is on Emile Heskey.

He has bagged a couple today and is carrying on this dancing business.

Was funny at first but I find it more annoying now.

More than a couple! The lad seems to perform well for England.

He has bagged a couple today and is carrying on this dancing business.

Was funny at first but I find it more annoying now.

How annoyed can you get when England score? He's only done the dance three times. I personally find it funny.

I have completely turned around on this. I was not against Crouch as such but I thought we should put Gerrard up front ahead of him. Now you have to say that he gives us a whole new dimension. He scored three and he height created at least one other.

I am still a little worried that if we play a side with a good midifeld we are going to struggle to retain the ball without Carrick in the side. None of our starting midfielders are interested in keeping possession but rather look for the amazing pass or, in Cole's case, dribble. Obviously as they are all fine players it means it creates chances, but also we never really get the game by the scruff of the neck.

And then if the opposition play an attacking midfielder behind the front two (Czech Republic, Italy, France, Germany) who the hell is going to pick him up.

But if we play crouch who can you drop for Carrick?

The lack of balance worries me.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.