BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 2006-07 Seasons Fixtures

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bolton away March 3rd. My new home...well for university anyway. I cannot wait now until the start of the season, i'm gonna be at nearly every match, i'm working just to save money up to fund the season as i won't be doing that on a students budget.

Seven games in December !

That should go down well with supporters with kids :(

Just as well they have them things called season tickets .....and new fangled ideas like monthly direct debits :tu:

Still , it'll give a lot of people a good excuse to watch it all in the pub .. :angry:

To me the new fixtures are a "glorious irrelevance" as someone once said.

We'll hopefully be starting the new season with two new top notch strikers who aren't even at the club yet.

So how can you possibly predict how we're going to do?

All you can say is "if we still had Bellamy, we'd get three points here, a draw there." etc. etc.

Which is totally pointless.

Nevertheless if "we still had Bellamy" or maybe if we have "two new top notch strikers" I'd expect us to be doing extremely well after the first seven games. Or maybe even topping the table if we beat Chelski. :P

On the other extreme if we start the season with a Kuqi/Gallagher/Derbyshire strike force I don't know if I'd feel more like Corporal Jones "Don't panic" or Private Fraser "We're doomed" :huh:

I like the way the fixtures are falling apart from the way we will playing a load of relegation candidates in 4 of the last 5 games with- great if we are down there scrapping as we will have control over our own fate but no use otherwise.

Gav's booze bus will be making a few trips next season, wonder where we'll be going early doors? London trips are best done by train but we'll maybe stretch to Reading as its a new venue.

PS,

No half pints from Chorley who throw up in the mini bus this season either........ :P

Alright "big boy"........nevermind we'll stretch to reading, what's up with a sunny fratton park??

When are the Sky fixtures announced? I desperately need the Chelsea game moved :blink:

Any views on the chances of this happening?

Will the UEFA have any effect? Dates of the potential ties?

When are the Sky fixtures announced? I desperately need the Chelsea game moved :blink:

Snap. Wedding on that day!

Saturday, 26 August 2006

Aston Villa v Newcastle, 15:00

Blackburn v Chelsea, 15:00

Charlton v Bolton, 15:00

Fulham v Sheff Utd, 15:00

Liverpool v West Ham, 15:00

Man City v Arsenal, 15:00

Middlesbrough v Portsmouth, 15:00

Tottenham v Everton, 15:00

Watford v Man Utd, 15:00

Wigan v Reading, 15:00

I think there are a few potential Sky matches in there...

Us, Liverpool v West Ham, City v Arsenal...

I reckon youve a fighting chance, 12.45pm it is!! :P

Yes we are, providing the tickets come through. I'll have a great day but I can't ever recall missing a home game before. On the other hand I can't disappoint my youngest and I've known Tom Smith since he was 3 days old! :)

What a sacrafice though :(

Not to watch cricket. I did once go to either The Oval or Lords to see The Who, as it happens. I suspect it was The Oval, many years ago.

Is there something I should know about Lords?

Not really, other than it's got that bit of magic in the air. I have been to Wembley for cup finals, centre court Wimbledon for tennis, Lords for a cup final and they all share the same aura. Saw Lancs become the first team to win both domestic cups in one season in 1990, that was superb. Also saw Chorley twice win the national cricket club trophy, although the crowd was slightly down compared to Lancs matches!

The museum is very interesting, with the little urn on display!

Edited by ozziejones

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.