BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Drummers: Should They Stay Or Should They Go

Should They Stay or Should They Go  

269 members have voted

1. 1. Should They Stay or Should They Go ?

• Keep Them. I like them.
    • Keep Them. But get them to drum in time
    • Keep Them. But get them to stop trying to put off the keeper
    • Keep Them. But only for big games
    • I simply don't care.
    • Get Rid. Simple as that

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

The Basle drummer was very bad as well the other night . Not as bad as ours , of course , but bad nonetheless ... :(

Maybe we could send the Blackburn drummers to Basle for training purposes - and with a bit of luck (and hopefully a one way air ticket) they might stay there!!!

• 2 months later...

a terrace would put a bit of atnosphere in the ground.

Not being able to stand up, and drummers, what's it coming too.No wonder fans don't sing much at Ewood.

In the old days with only 7,000 on, i used to leave the Blackburn End after game, and my voice had gone,because we were singing that much.

It is hard to sing above a drummer,but i'm in Riverside, so I'm lucky <_<

oK ok ok - meant to post this last week but totally forgot.

Bumped into our infamous drummer (the main one) the other Friday at Whittakers in Accy so decided to have a little chat ;) with him.

now before I start for those who don't know the guy (I knew of him but not really know him if you get my meaning) at the end of the day he is a decent bloke and a Rovers fan to heart ( he has been watching them for years) who feels he is doing his best for the club -

I explained the discussion that has been going on on here and the relevant liners that people including myself would like to do with his drumsticks and said I would relay it back on here

Now from my drunken depths of memory from what I can recall ... is that as of yet he has not been told to stop and does get alot of backing for the cause.

After a long discussion from what I can remember -more pints later he said he would reconsider hanging up the drum if people really started to express a real no no against it but at the end of day he still feels he is doing something worthy for the Rovers cause. Anyway he did say he would stop the banging at the back of the keeper (and also have a word with the others not to do it) when they are taking a goalkick after I said how embarrassing it actually is.

So lets see what happens - and if anybody has any qualms against him , go and have a chat with him and let him know - in an amicable manner please ... because I have said he is really a decent guy.

Edited by CAPT KAYOS

oK ok ok - meant to post this last week but totally forgot.

Bumped into our infamous drummer (the main one) the other Friday at Whittakers in Accy so decided to have a little chat ;) with him.

now before I start for those who don't know the guy (I knew of him but not really know him if you get my meaning) at the end of the day he is a decent bloke and a Rovers fan to heart ( he has been watching them for years) who feels he is doing his best for the club -

I explained the discussion that has been going on on here and the relevant liners that people including myself would like to do with his drumsticks and said I would relay it back on here

Now from my drunken depths of memory from what I can recall ... is that as of yet he has not been told to stop and does get alot of backing for the cause.

After a long discussion from what I can remember -more pints later he said he would reconsider hanging up the drum if people really started to express a real no no against it but at the end of day he still feels he is doing something worthy for the Rovers cause. Anyway he did say he would stop the banging at the back of the keeper (and also have a word with the others not to do it) when they are taking a goalkick after I said how embarrassing it actually is.

So lets see what happens - and if anybody has any qualms against him , go and have a chat with him and let him know - in an amicable manner please ... because I have said he is really a decent guy.

Completely agree with that. I hate the drummer at matches (no place for it what-so-ever) but met the bloke in Amsterdam and he was a nice chap.

Surprised that you both thought he might NOT be a decent bloke.

Just 'cos he's a noisy bugger. :blink:

I know... just hard to think you might like someone who annoys you throughout a football match!

Let's be honest, if they didn't drum, I don't think anyone outside of the Blackburn end would sing at all.

Jack Walker stand is a graveyard filled with old people who haven't quite died yet. They're ready and waiting though.

Keep the drums, but get some new bloody tunes.

Let's be honest, if they didn't drum, I don't think anyone outside of the Blackburn end would sing at all.

Jack Walker stand is a graveyard filled with old people who haven't quite died yet. They're ready and waiting though.

Keep the drums, but get some new bloody tunes.

Prat.

So much for debate.

It's true though, I was given some season tickets to use (upper tier, first few rows). Every time my friend and I got up to sing we felt like we were at a wake. There's no atmosphere at all, and NOBODY sings.

Just like the third "dun dun dun-dun-dun ROVERS!" is reserved only for those in the Blackburn end because by the time it gets to that point, it's died off everywhere else in the ground.

It'd be much better if there was a mix of people in the Jack Walker upper, but there's not because the season tickets are bought out by those who can afford them (rich and boring business types who don't sing and OAP concessions who can't).

And I'm not saying that all elderly persons can't or don't sing, because that would be generalising and cause further brow furrowing. It also wouldn't be true.

Edited by dj54nna

Hi dj54nna,

This issue has been debated massively and most have all agreed that the drummers have killed the atmosphere at Ewood. That's coming from experience of those that were there before the drummers and those that go to away matches when the drummer isn't there and the songs come out.

Hi dj54nna,

This issue has been debated massively and most have all agreed that the drummers have killed the atmosphere at Ewood. That's coming from experience of those that were there before the drummers and those that go to away matches when the drummer isn't there and the songs come out.

Fair play.

Is anyone going to do something about the old people though?

I'm kidding.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.