BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Drummers: Should They Stay Or Should They Go

Should They Stay or Should They Go  

269 members have voted

1. 1. Should They Stay or Should They Go ?

• Keep Them. I like them.
    • Keep Them. But get them to drum in time
    • Keep Them. But get them to stop trying to put off the keeper
    • Keep Them. But only for big games
    • I simply don't care.
    • Get Rid. Simple as that

This poll is closed to new votes

Jack Walker stand is a graveyard filled with old people who haven't quite died yet. They're ready and waiting though.

One advantage of getting older is that the hearing tends to go .......and you can't hear that to$$er of a drummer as well as you might do .

And I refuse to believe he's a nice lad .....he can't be if he takes pleasure out of inflicting so much misery on others !

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jack Walker stand is a graveyard filled with old people who haven't quite died yet. They're ready and waiting though.

We do sing in the Jack Walker stand, but you can't hear us 'cos of the bloody drum.

And some of the people in there are actually dead.

Its one for the supporters club, though, surely? Perhaps agree on a few ditties with the drummers and see if we can't get them supporting the songs and driving some atmosphere rather than killing songs and atmosphere. After all, several spanish teams have drummers and it doesn't appear to have dampened them any!

Let's be honest, if they didn't drum, I don't think anyone outside of the Blackburn end would sing at all.

Keep the drums, but get some new bloody tunes.

How do you get a tune out of a drum? A rythm, yes! but a tune???????? :blink:

Edited by Fife Rover

Its one for the supporters club, though, surely? Perhaps agree on a few ditties with the drummers and see if we can't get them supporting the songs and driving some atmosphere rather than killing songs and atmosphere. After all, several spanish teams have drummers and it doesn't appear to have dampened them any!

utter tripe.....songs are sung in the heat of battlel lets see

A DRUMMERS SONGSHEET LEFT ON EACH SEAT

3pm....WE WILL WIN

3.15...GET INTO EM

3.16....MARK HUGHES BLUE AND WHITE ARMY

3.30.....1/4HR REST

3.46...BEER BEER WE WANT MORE BEER ALL THE LADS ARE SINGING GET THE F BEER IN

4.20...YOUR NOT FIT TO REFEREE

4.30...10 MEN WEVE ONY 10 MEN

TUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGAY

THE DRUMMER SHALL STAND AT THE FRONT AND GO ONE,TWO THREE AND WOE BE TIED ANYONE STRAYING FROM THE SONG SHEET.

oK ok ok - meant to post this last week but totally forgot.

Bumped into our infamous drummer (the main one) the other Friday at Whittakers in Accy so decided to have a little chat ;) with him.

now before I start for those who don't know the guy (I knew of him but not really know him if you get my meaning) at the end of the day he is a decent bloke and a Rovers fan to heart ( he has been watching them for years) who feels he is doing his best for the club -

I explained the discussion that has been going on on here and the relevant liners that people including myself would like to do with his drumsticks and said I would relay it back on here

Now from my drunken depths of memory from what I can recall ... is that as of yet he has not been told to stop and does get alot of backing for the cause.

After a long discussion from what I can remember -more pints later he said he would reconsider hanging up the drum if people really started to express a real no no against it but at the end of day he still feels he is doing something worthy for the Rovers cause. Anyway he did say he would stop the banging at the back of the keeper (and also have a word with the others not to do it) when they are taking a goalkick after I said how embarrassing it actually is.

So lets see what happens - and if anybody has any qualms against him , go and have a chat with him and let him know - in an amicable manner please ... because I have said he is really a decent guy.

OK Capt Kaos, it's your mission to put an end to the drummers. Please make it happen - they are a total embarrassment and just encourage a once vociferous crowd to plod along to apathetic repetitions of "get into em get into em."

It's about time something was actually done about these guys - Sure they mean well but, enough is enough!

Rant over.

OK Capt Kaos, it's your mission to put an end to the drummers. Please make it happen - they are a total embarrassment and just encourage a once vociferous crowd to plod along to apathetic repetitions of "get into em get into em."

SEE MY SONG SHEET PLAYS GET INTO EM ONLY ONCE :P

Surprised that you both thought he might NOT be a decent bloke.

Just 'cos he's a noisy bugger. :blink:

Didn't mean it in that respect Den - just wanted to highlight to others the fact you have raised and that he is amicable about it and willing to listen to people's opinions.

As with Abbey , I am against the drums which is what I tried in a (presumably drunken stumble) explain to him.

However, I have tried to highlight the fact and will go and have another chat with him at Saturday's game but if he wants to continue its his choice until the club bans the drum or he chooses to give up or gets bored.

Anyway to start , can everybody stop singing that ferkin embarrassment of chants 'gerrr int to em' and the' easy easy easy kid hand slapping' ball sacks.

Edited by CAPT KAYOS

We do sing in the Jack Walker stand, but you can't hear us 'cos of the bloody drum.

And some of the people in there are actually dead.

The best atmosphere I've heard from the JW was when we played the Dingles in cup replay when prices were reduced and had a more of a younger "laddish" element.

Not sure what the "owd uns" thought about it though :o

It's about time something was actually done about these guys - Sure they mean well but, enough is enough!

Rant over.

I'm on it MR -just don't blame me for the mess :P

As mentioned I will go and have another chat with him on Saturday.

Fair play.

Is anyone going to do something about the old people though?

I'm kidding.

You spotty oiks should have a bit of respect. Us oldies have supported the team for years and know more about football than you will ever learn through that drink induced haze through which you watch the matches.

Bye the way. Kill the drummer! :P:D

I think I am one of the few that like the drummers. I reckon without them there would be no singing at all :o

:lol:

We managed for years......

...Im fed up with songs that I start being stopped by out of time drumming, or worse still what does that mean? get into em.

People who sit anywhere near me will appreciate exactly what I mean.

:lol:

We managed for years......

...Im fed up with songs that I start being stopped by out of time drumming, or worse still what does that mean? get into em.

People who sit anywhere near me will appreciate exactly what I mean.

Well, I'm not keen on drummers,but at same time it's a free country, and afterall they still love Blackburn Rovers.Each to their own.I blame seats and over stewarding , more than i blame the drummers for the lack of singing.I just think you sing better when your stood up. :tu:

Well, I'm not keen on drummers,but at same time it's a free country, and afterall they still love Blackburn Rovers.Each to their own.I blame seats and over stewarding , more than i blame the drummers for the lack of singing.I just think you sing better when your stood up. :tu:

and you will never find me suggesting they dont love Blackburn Rovers.

I am suggesting they hinder rather than help.

And yes, the elimation of standing and over zealous stewarding has damaged the atmosphere at some football grounds moire than any other single factor.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.