BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Drummers: Should They Stay Or Should They Go

Should They Stay or Should They Go  

269 members have voted

1. 1. Should They Stay or Should They Go ?

• Keep Them. I like them.
    • Keep Them. But get them to drum in time
    • Keep Them. But get them to stop trying to put off the keeper
    • Keep Them. But only for big games
    • I simply don't care.
    • Get Rid. Simple as that

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sat in the JW upper last night (near blackburn end) for first time, and the lads at the back of the blackburn end were getting a few songs going, until the drumming buffoon started banging away at completely the wrong time.

I have to say i was cringing when he was banging away. :(

Get rid. Immediately. :brfc:

sd4e, I was just sat in the same area and I had ample opportunities to practice my sniper shots.

I swear I could have taken all 3 out with one shot :)

they are a trio of annoying little clowns banging their drums, especially the numpty who goes pitchside as the goalie takes his goal kick. What a sight to see him do just that as ben Thatcher takes a goal kick only to be irked by the sloth in the baseball cap and glasses and then turns around and does a mendes on him !

oh what a nice sight :)

I am afraid I couldnt do my normal song starting last night due to a quite nasty chest infection. Hopefully normal service will be resumed on Sunday. :lol:

surely the amount of beer you consumed before the game must have cleaned your chest for the nasty infection? :D

regarding the drummer issue..

I had the discussion with Jordan and the FF Chairman this summer (as Jordan mentioned) and I agree with him at some points. I think the lazy Ewood crowd need a drummer to get their singing going, at least now since we have had a drummer for so many years.. although sometimes he tends break up some songs that fans towards the back of BBEnd lower tier have tried to start..

If people want to get rid of the drummer, we certainly have to make a singing section in BBEnd to get all the vocal supporters together

I actually thought about the drummer during last night's game - I think there were times when the drum is good - eg when rovers are pressing then win a corner and everyone's claps together du dud du du du du du rovers! It sounds good then as it is just lost in the crowd noise, but when it sounds rubbish is during more quiet periods.

If the drummer man/men are prepared to use it very little (such as the occasions above) then it would be good to stay - but whether they can hold themselves back from drumming all the time is a different matter...

The number one priority for the Fans Forum or Brisa is to get the message across to the Rovers that these "retards" as someone very aptly described them have got to go . Embarrassing and totally useless :angry:

Well, somebody involved with both could convert this thread into a poll to get some figures to present :)

Watched the game on Football First. Oh. My. God. Someone do us all a favour and break the drum over the guys head. He has no rhythym, and no sense of timing, and broke up any atmosphere that was building a load of times during the game. Whoever was talking about those scousers trying to start on him should have given them a fiver to break his drum!

Get rid of the Drummers and then you would realise how quiet Ewood really is.

They are good for some atmosphere but not if you are near them...put em on the Riverside near the Blackburn End.

Not at all, we didnt have the drummers for the first few years of the new ewood, and the atmosphere was far far better than it is now and actually had some good football songs sung, not the pathetic "du du du get it em".

Admittedly rovers were doing very well then, but the drummers have been responsible for the reduction in the variety of songs without a doubt. It would take quite a few games without the drummers to get the crowd to realise they have gone and start getting the atmosphere going, but ANYTHING, i repeat ANYthing must be better than those embarrassing drummer boys.

We need a campaign to get the Blackburn end back to what it used to be. (ignore the terracing debate!)

:)

Edited by SD4E

Up until today's game I did not have a strong opinion either way about the drummer but after today's game I am totally behind the get him out brigade!

Up until last season I have always sat behind the goal in the Rovers end about 5 seats back but last season and the first two games of this season I have been all over the Blackburn End up in the back right hand corner and down at the front left hand side and it is only today that I have seen the negative effect he has on carrying the chanting across the stand.

The chants generally orgiginate from up in that corner and when me and my friend sat there for the Everton game it sounded good and really felt like there was an atmosphere. Today whenever the sound from those fans started the blasted drummer would start - drown out the fans and then you wouldnt really know what was being sung. IMO the sound doesnt carry across the stand well anyway so it is difficult sat over that side to join in but with the drum on top of it as well makes it flipping impossible! I was much more aware of the drum today and really felt he had a negative impact on the atmosphere (although at times i was glad of it as it drowned out that stupid woman!) Not that is a reason to keep it!

As one of those that voted "Don't care" I can say this with impunity.

This is a rigged poll! There are four different ways of voting to keep them and only one way of voting to get rid, which splits the poll in a way that means it is VERY much easier to get rid than to keep.

As I said, I really dont care what the result is but I do like to see fair play :ph34r:

As one of those that voted "Don't care" I can say this with impunity.

This is a rigged poll! There are four different ways of voting to keep them and only one way of voting to get rid, which splits the poll in a way that means it is VERY much easier to get rid than to keep.

As I said, I really dont care what the result is but I do like to see fair play :ph34r:

On the contrary, it gives people more of a choice with what they want, from the poll it is obvious that (at time of posting), 19 people want him/them to stay in soem form, and 57 want them to shove their drumsticks where they crowd often tell them to.

Up until today's game I did not have a strong opinion either way about the drummer but after today's game I am totally behind the get him out brigade!

Up until last season I have always sat behind the goal in the Rovers end about 5 seats back but last season and the first two games of this season I have been all over the Blackburn End up in the back right hand corner and down at the front left hand side and it is only today that I have seen the negative effect he has on carrying the chanting across the stand.

The chants generally orgiginate from up in that corner and when me and my friend sat there for the Everton game it sounded good and really felt like there was an atmosphere. Today whenever the sound from those fans started the blasted drummer would start - drown out the fans and then you wouldnt really know what was being sung. IMO the sound doesnt carry across the stand well anyway so it is difficult sat over that side to join in but with the drum on top of it as well makes it flipping impossible! I was much more aware of the drum today and really felt he had a negative impact on the atmosphere (although at times i was glad of it as it drowned out that stupid woman!) Not that is a reason to keep it!

:tu:

I'm sat roughly 10 seats away from him, and when he starts drumming I cant really hear whats being sung until late :unsure: can be annoying at times!!

On the contrary, it gives people more of a choice with what they want, from the poll it is obvious that (at time of posting), 19 people want him/them to stay in soem form, and 57 want them to shove their drumsticks where they crowd often tell them to.

Indeed. In the past when we've used these stats we've broken them down in a variety of ways. Totally up all the pro votes isn't beyond even my meager mathmatical talents.

The reason for so many options is to try to avoid the "I only voted X because option Y wasn't available".

Sorry Stu but that wont wash! Let's just suppose that if by using your logic the sum of all the "keep" votes exceeds the number of "get rid" votes. According to you then they should stay. But stay under which conditions? there would then be a huge argument about where to put them! No, sorry that won't do at all! ;)

To make it right there should also be 4 "Get Rid" options e.g.

1) Shoot him

2) Take the drum off him and fit it over his head

3) Tell him to go and bang it a Turf Moor

4) Tell him to bang it with a sponge.

Then it would come down to the most votes for just one option and be fair.

Edited by Fife Rover

Sorry Stu but that wont wash! Let's just suppose that if by using your logic the sum of all the "keep" votes exceeds the number of "get rid" votes. According to you then they should stay. But stay under which conditions? there would then be a huge argument about where to put them! No, sorry that won't do at all! ;)

Picky so and so ;)

Having been in the Darwen for as long as the drummers have been in the BBE, I never really got arsed about them. I am now in the Jack Walker upper, in line with the 6 yard box line and I have to say that they are a bit of a joke.

They murder any spontanious chants and the business of running up to the goalie as he takes a goal kick and banging the drum to put him off? WTF?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.