BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Drummers: Should They Stay Or Should They Go

Should They Stay or Should They Go  

269 members have voted

1. 1. Should They Stay or Should They Go ?

• Keep Them. I like them.
    • Keep Them. But get them to drum in time
    • Keep Them. But get them to stop trying to put off the keeper
    • Keep Them. But only for big games
    • I simply don't care.
    • Get Rid. Simple as that

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd have a ban on drums at England matches that play with the so-called England Supporters Band. Either learn some more tunes and learn to play properly or get rid. :wstu:

*thump*thump*thump*thump*thump*thump*thump* ... that's not drumming. My five-year-old-neice could do as well at that! :angry:

the Rovers drummers are nowhere near as annoying (although I've never been sat right next to them). At least they try and match the atmosphere of the fans.

Even simpler - just drop an email to the club!

Done it twice roversmum think my mails get lost somewhere.

I had a discussion with one of the Stewards about them before (before last Season) and not sure if I heard correctly but I am sure it was supposed to have been a topic coming up in one of the FF meetings ( then again am I not right in saying the club do actually read this MB)

Seeing as us unpriveleged unworthy don't really get to hear about what goes on in these meetings, maybe a FF member can confirm whether or not it has been touched upon.

Personally, I don't think it will harm the atmosphere if they go (please!!) as I don't think it can get any worse than it already is - and then people might get around to be spontaneous again.

Seeing as us unpriveleged unworthy don't really get to hear about what goes on in these meetings, maybe a FF member can confirm whether or not it has been touched upon.

VERY briefly touched upon but glossed over because the drummer is on it. I don't think theres been a Fans Forum this year, so the chances are that the clubs lost interest in it.

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ste b @ Aug 7 2006, 14:28 ) 432882[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

VERY briefly touched upon but glossed over because the drummer is on it. I don't think theres been a Fans Forum this year, so the chances are that the clubs lost interest in it.

ban the drummer from the FF aswell then. :D

seriously though, the topic came up, but wasnt discussed properly as the drummer was present :huh:

opportunity missed -i'd say.

Edited by pleasure

Why not pin this question of Drummers or Not as a poll and let's all vote on it with 4 options:

1) Leave as is.

2) Move to another location and nominate.

3) Remove altogether.

4) Not bothered.

Some may want to add a 5th option: Shoot them! I am not one of these ;)

In that case, write to John Williams (or Tom Finn) with your point of view. You will get a reply from him.

i have done on 4 occasions. in fairness, they did get moved from the riverside.

i still dont think the fans forum should be afraid to speak to the drummer about it though. they're there to discuss issues arent they ?

I dont mind the drummers, there apart of ewood to me, they have been there aslong as I can rember, wouldnt feel the same goin to ewood without drums

youve not been going long then?

wouldnt feel the same ..correct proper singinging could be done instead of every chant getting an untimed drum banging that stops the chants in full flow.

wouldnt feel the same ..correct proper singinging could be done instead of every chant getting an untimed drum banging that stops the chants in full flow.

Maybe we need to send the drummer to Music Lessons, at least if he beats in time it might not sound as bad :D

There are thirty thousand seats at Ewood, ten thousand of which are consistently empty. Stop sitting next to the drummers and they will quickly get the message. It's funny looking at the number of times the drummers have been discussed on here. Proof that idle chit-chat achieves nothing!

Maybe we need to send the drummer to Music Lessons, at least if he beats in time it might not sound as bad :D

here's a music lesson for you ,if the drummer is out of time or speeds up / slows down you stick with him ie he is always right. To remedy the rythmical indiscretion you can do one of two things, 1 carry on as normal thus causing high blood preasure and bleeding noses or 2 sack him . Shed builders are two a penny

Just needs to be a straight 'Yes' or 'No' in the form of a poll on here and then submit to the club.

Hell, get rid of the drummer(s) and get those under 25 or so to sing the correct words of 'will we play.....' (instead of 'till we play......' ) and everything will be sorted.

No nay never (clap, clap, clap, clap) No nay never no more (clap, clap) WILL WE PLAY Burnley Bar Stewards, No never no more........... :brfc:

started going regulary in 1999/2000 and they where there then if I rember right. Been goin on and off since i was about 5 but its hard work when ya dads a dingle

I don't mind the drummers.

When I'm at Ewood I usually sit about 20 seats away from them on the front row and it's fine. If you knocked them out of Ewood then the atmosphere would be actually worse, IMO. Maybe locate to another part of the stadium, but I wouldn't get rid of them!!!

This is a recurring thread, why don't the contributors actively do something about it?

As I said on another thread , why should they ? If , as is often claimed , the worthies at Ewood read this forum , then they must already be aware of the strength of feeling and should act accordingly by banning the useless drummers either permanently of temporarily as an experiment . I would certainly not waste any of my time standing outside the ground with a petition in order to convince someone of a problem they should already be aware of .

Remember , THEY are supposed to be selling a product , it's not up to us to do their job for them . At the end of the day , if the drummer were to come anywhere near me I'd simply vote with my feet ....if not my fists :blink:

Come to that , Paul - have BRISA ever raised the issue ? Or , like the worthies , do you not consider it that much of a problem ?

As I said on another thread , why should they ? If , as is often claimed , the worthies at Ewood read this forum , then they must already be aware of the strength of feeling and should act accordingly by banning the useless drummers either permanently of temporarily as an experiment . I would certainly not waste any of my time standing outside the ground with a petition in order to convince someone of a problem they should already be aware of .

Remember , THEY are supposed to be selling a product , it's not up to us to do their job for them . At the end of the day , if the drummer were to come anywhere near me I'd simply vote with my feet ....if not my fists :blink:

Come to that , Paul - have BRISA ever raised the issue ? Or , like the worthies , do you not consider it that much of a problem ?

since signin up and readin this forum, its the first time I haveever known anyone to have a problem with the drummers, the atmosphere is ###### at ewood anyways I dont think removin them will help that, only reduce it ;)

I've personally offered to meet the drummers to discuss the situation. My thought was to find a compromise that suited those who like and those who hate them. it's unfair to post the ideas I had on the matter. I didn't get a response.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.