BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Drummers: Should They Stay Or Should They Go

Should They Stay or Should They Go  

269 members have voted

1. 1. Should They Stay or Should They Go ?

• Keep Them. I like them.
    • Keep Them. But get them to drum in time
    • Keep Them. But get them to stop trying to put off the keeper
    • Keep Them. But only for big games
    • I simply don't care.
    • Get Rid. Simple as that

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that would be even worse than the drummers - if that is possible!

definately! why can't we just go back to normal fans singing?!?!?!?!

it seems to work for ever other club! (and the all seating ewood was far better atmospher pre drummers than post)

somebody will be suggesting going back to playing that stupid "goal" music next :o

At least the Sheff Wednesday lads could play their instruments - there was musical content . Those clowns in the BBE just bang the bloody drums as hard as they possibly can - no musical content whatsoever . A total embarrassment .

I must admit the Shef Wed band IMO added to the atmosphere at Ewood in the days when they were in the top flight .

They're just three blokes banging drums at Ewood.

If you're getting all upset about it maybe you'd better stay at home in bed with a hot water bottle, ear muffs, and a teddy bear and ask Mummy to bring you a hot chocolate with an asprin dissolved in it.

Ask her to wake you when MOTD is on and watch it with the sound turned down.

THIS IS FOOTBALL. IT IS MEANT TO BE LOUD, CHAOTIC AND NOISY. IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE DRUMMERS START A CHANT "DRUMMERS DRUMMERS **** OFF HOME."

Tend to agree with Col.

I can't believe the controversy this thread is causing, I'm in the "couldn't care less camp"

To me when the atmosphere is good, the drummers make no odds whatsoever one way or the other.

When it's poor I actually think they liven it up slightly.

Tend to agree with Col.

I can't believe the controversy this thread is causing, I'm in the "couldn't care less camp"

To me when the atmosphere is good, the drummers make no odds whatsoever one way or the other.

Bill's a lovely bloke, and I sit far enough away to not really be affected at home games. However, I went to Charlton away one year and he sat right beside me with the drum. By the end it wasn't that I had earache, I was physically nauseous with the pain of having the drum banged in my ear for the entire game. (we were also quite far back in their tin, covered stand so the reverberation didn't help!)

So I can see both sides of the argument.

I believe as many do that the drummers are passionate about the club, but my god the last 2 home games everton and chelsea I was sat in the JW upper near the blackburn end and I must have counted at least ten to fifteen great chants drowned out by that rubbish. I have often thought that actually one drummer could be used really effectively to orchestrate some chants and could even be used better if there could be some collaboration through forums... there is just no inventiveness that I for one love to hear e.g. "you only sing when your stealing!" to the scousers that just can't be drummed to... I am feeling get rid.... the crowd have now become too conditioned esp when there is some applause then the "du du du dudu ROVERS"

Plus someone help me come up with something for Ooijer to the tune of Ash's "Oh Yeah" got to be done!!

In one topic we are discussing how Foreign Tv is keeping fans away, and in this one we are trying to get some fans thrown out for banging a drum (even if we dont throw the fans out (just the drums) I doubt they would want to come back)

Nice :)

Who wants the fans themselves throwing out?

Simply the drums

I don't think they would be too happy about having their drums removed

Keep three blokes who bang drums (I dont think "drum" is appropriate as it indicates some level of skill or rhythm) happy, or make an estimated 65% of people at Ewood Park happy?

Surely a no brainer?

They're just three blokes banging drums at Ewood.

If you're getting all upset about it maybe you'd better stay at home in bed with a hot water bottle, ear muffs, and a teddy bear and ask Mummy to bring you a hot chocolate with an asprin dissolved in it.

Ask her to wake you when MOTD is on and watch it with the sound turned down.

THIS IS FOOTBALL. IT IS MEANT TO BE LOUD, CHAOTIC AND NOISY. IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE DRUMMERS START A CHANT "DRUMMERS DRUMMERS **** OFF HOME."

Surely that is the point though. How many people do the presence drummers annoy so much that they stay at home and watch it on tv or in the pub with the sound turned down. I honestly can't imagine there is anyone who thinks oh great they've got drummers I must go to Ewood Park, but I can imagine the drummers presence annoying some people so much they don't go.

I don't live in Blackburn so I only get to Ewood a few times a season. The drummers haven't stopped me going to any home games as I was a supporter long before they were around. It has however changed where I sit as I found them so annoying. I used to sit in the Jack Walker Stand Upper Central towards the Blackburn End in the most expensive seats. Now I find it preferable to sit as far away from them as possible as it not as unpleasent. I now sit in the Jack Walker Lower Tier very close to the Darwen End. These seats are cheaper, therefore in respect of me the presence of the drummers is actually costing the club lost revenue.

There is nothing wrong with it being Loud, Chaotic and Noisy - but not by artificial means! By all means there is nothing wrong with shouting, singing, clapping, cheering but not bringing in drums, instruments, whistles, bells, pneumatic drills, jumbo jet engines etc

How many people do the presence drummers annoy so much that they stay at home and watch it on tv or in the pub with the sound turned down.

Probably none. They'll have other excuses to stay away.

I like the drummers when we win, they get on my nipples a bit when we don't. Hardly the end of the world are they?

Quite frankly I'd be happy to hear the drummers all day and have my foreskin pierced without anaesthetic for three points against Sheffield United.

Quite frankly I'd be happy to hear the drummers all day and have my foreskin pierced without anaesthetic for three points against Sheffield United.

I really love Rovers (as I'm sure do the drummers). While I'd put up with the drumming for 3 points at Sheff Utd, as for the rest of it - if that's what I have to do for three points there I don't mind losing that particluar game!!! After all there are another 34 games after that we can get three points each in!!!

:D

The thing is though...they aren't any good. There's no subtlety to their drumming, no variety...it's just THUD, THUD, THUD. Tris didn't like the poll option for them having lessons/drum in time...but they could do with some. ;)

They also need to be told that they are not the attraction, Rovers are. That means the drummer doesn't have to get involved with every chant that starts. :angry:

Less is more sometimes. If they banged their drums a wee bit more sparingly it would actually work a lot better.

To my mind there is no doubt that they sometimes contribute to the worsening of the atmosphere at Ewood Park. Sometimes it's so annoying that sitting in silence would be aural heaven in comparison.

I've nothing against the guys who do seem totally commited to Rovers but they could do with a bit of fine-tuning and for them to realise that milking it ain't the way to go. :tu:

Edited by FourLaneBlue

Tend to agree with Col.

Likewise - couldn't give a toss, bigger things to worry about at Ewood than a couple of blokes trying to help rather than whine about it on MB's.

Overall, they get it wrong sometimes. Other times they get it right.

I'm more interested in using any influence this website has to suggest how we break BRFC out of the provincial trap in which it finds itself surrounded by intense rivals and the inability to secure the critical mass of support, commercial and spectating, that is essential to remain a viable Premiership concern. We are punching above our weight big time and that is not sustainable in the longer term.

In this context, whether a couple of blokes bang a drum or not is, IMO, irrelevant.

In this context, whether a couple of blokes bang a drum or not is, IMO, irrelevant.

Its not irrelevant if a number of Blackburn End season ticket holders deem it to be a problem. Thats the attitude from the drummers thats pissing off the regulars in there.

I'm more interested in using any influence this website has to suggest how we break BRFC out of the provincial trap in which it finds itself surrounded by intense rivals and the inability to secure the critical mass of support, commercial and spectating, that is essential to remain a viable Premiership concern. We are punching above our weight big time and that is not sustainable in the longer term.

Everybody has simply given up on that one pal so the Drummer boys get it in the neck!!!!

:lol:

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

There are other threads for that.

This one is for blaming all the clubs current problems on the drummers.

Some of it light hearted, some not.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.